Ryanair Prendeville Advert

Started by sammymaguire, November 09, 2010, 05:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Capt Pat on November 10, 2010, 12:38:54 AM
Anyway what is the story with this Prendiville character? What is he like on the radio? What is he really like?

He's a sanctimonious mouth-piece. This controversy couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Declan

Shamrock Shore

I had never heard of this chap until he decided to whip the lad out. Nurofen+ plus gargle my arse. At that rate most Irish lads would be pulling the plum on buses, trains, mass, Croke Park. It would be like a bad zombie film except instead of craving raw flesh the infected male would be craving to commit the sin of Onan on a constant basis.

By all accounts Prendeville seems to be a sanctimonious loud mouth on the radio but, hey, it's Cork, so who cares. I am sure Hardy tunes in regulary so maybe he can enlighten us.

I think O'Leary is great. I imagine him getting up in the morning wondering who he can piss off today and rubbling the hands with glee when he comes up with another stunt. As for extra publicity for Ryanair....do they actually need it? Who hasn't heard of Ryanair?

rrhf

Quote from: ross4life on November 10, 2010, 12:27:26 AM

I for one would love if he did something similar with love-haul flights in the years ahead.
surely thats deliberate in the nthread that its in...  :D

sammymaguire

Quote from: J OGorman on November 09, 2010, 09:57:10 PM
some bit of publicity alright if maybe a little close to the bone

Quote from: sammymaguire on November 09, 2010, 09:45:24 PM
O'Leary is a grade A c**k. A mercenary who drags every else down with him. Even the majority of his own staff can't stand the sight of the prat. He'd sell his own mother for a few euro

mon lad, how in sweet jesus would you know this?

I know 3 people who work in their HQ at the Airport... is that not enough?, they all same the same thing, working conditions at Ryanair are shite and the man is a to$$ piece, bit like this Cork man in the spot light.

To be totally honest, 98% of me hates the sight and sound of the man but there is 2% of me who has to listen to what is going on with him.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

muppet

Quote from: gallsman on November 10, 2010, 12:05:59 AM
Quote from: Capt Pat on November 09, 2010, 11:53:26 PM
We all pay our taxes here as well what the hell has that got to do with justifying the existence of O'Leasry. He is a complete waste of space in my opinion.

Waste of space not really a great description in my opinion - the guy contributes lots to Ireland Inc.

Yip, so did Sean Fitzpatrick, Michael Fingleton, Sean Dunne etc...............

We have learned nothing.
MWWSI 2017

Hardy

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on November 10, 2010, 09:28:54 AMI am sure Hardy tunes in regulary so maybe he can enlighten us.

I've never heard him. By all accounts, he could best be described as Cork's Gerry Ryan, give or take a few brain cells. An ape. I feel sorry for his family.

Sandino

Love him or loath him he has brought cheap travel to the masses. As someone who paid £140 in the seventies to fly to england I am glad he gave the travel world a shake up. His business practises may leave a lot to be desired but so to do a lot of other businesses but they are not rubbished every minute by the media. The interview where he is doorsteped by panorama is great to watch. Would he get all this shit in the uk if he were english?
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

gallsman

Quote from: sammymaguire on November 10, 2010, 09:59:28 AM

O'Leary is a grade A c**k. A mercenary who drags every else down with him. Even the majority of his own staff can't stand the sight of the prat. He'd sell his own mother for a few euro

I know 3 people who work in their HQ at the Airport... is that not enough?, they all same the same thing, working conditions at Ryanair are shite and the man is a to$$ piece, bit like this Cork man in the spot light.

To be totally honest, 98% of me hates the sight and sound of the man but there is 2% of me who has to listen to what is going on with him.

I know about 20 times that number in various courses in QUB and J-Town and apparently it's noto sufficient to be considered evidence of insight.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: muppet on November 10, 2010, 10:10:35 AM
We all pay our taxes here as well what the hell has that got to do with justifying the existence of O'Leasry. He is a complete waste of space in my opinion.

Waste of space not really a great description in my opinion - the guy contributes lots to Ireland Inc.
I can't see where ur getting the comparison here?

We have learned nothing.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

sammymaguire

Quote from: gallsman on November 10, 2010, 01:10:34 PM

I know about 20 times that number in various courses in QUB and J-Town and apparently it's noto sufficient to be considered evidence of insight.

don't drag me into your lovers' tiff  :P
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

gallsman

Quote from: sammymaguire on November 10, 2010, 03:52:04 PM

don't drag me into your lovers' tiff  :P

Tiff? Just some friendly banter between lifeling friends and fellow intellectuals...

Capt Pat

The lines are a bit blurred on this thread, it is hard to know whether people are talking about O'Leary or Prendiville when they talk about tossers.

muppet

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 10, 2010, 02:55:41 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 10, 2010, 10:10:35 AM

I can't see where ur getting the comparison here?

We have learned nothing.

Sean Fitzpatrick was considered the greatest contributor to Ireland Inc, until his lies caught up with him. Many top businessmen still praise him and his poxy bank.

Of the 10% of their staff that were employed in Ireland most of them were employed as 'sole traders' so that Ryanair didn't pay PAYE on them (and possibly employers PRSI). Many of them commute from Europe (Ryanair will base staff near home for a number of years) and so never they paid tax here.

Revenue became involved a year or two ago and I'm not sure where they are now on that.

But be under no illusion, Ryanair wrote the book on how not to contribute to Ireland Inc.
MWWSI 2017

pintsofguinness

You have questioned about 60 people on who they vote for and what they wear to lectures?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?