Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiMucker

Quote from: Mourne Red on March 04, 2023, 09:27:36 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on March 04, 2023, 08:55:02 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on March 04, 2023, 07:03:10 PM
Naive from Arteta today imo.. Thought the team selection was poor as if you're challenging for the league it's important to play your best team, Tomi was poor today and shouldn't have started ahead of Ben White.. Vieira grew into the game as it went on but we missed Xhaka down that left hand side with Zini pushing on leaves a lot of space down that side and they exploited it for their first goal.

Not sure why Smith-Rowe came off (subbed the sub) hopefully just managing his minutes but good to see Nelson grab the game by the scruff of the neck.. Done well on his loans but never had the confidence in an arsenal shirt
aye he's an absolute clown  :D

Didn't say he was a clown did I? Said it was Naive to rotate in crunch game and it was, Tomiasyu was completely off the pace and Veiria was off the pace first half too.. he corrected it at half time by bringing Ben White on and I hope that will stand to him, same when he chased the game at Old Trafford earlier in the season he learned from that
Alright apologies. I dont think he was naive and I would say it was more necessity than sqaud rotation. I think at this level they rely a fair bit  more on the data as opposed to just willy nilly giving someone a rest/chance. Though in fairness from watching "the all or nothing"  doc it was amazing to see how much these guys including Arteta were learning on the job.

Mourne Red

Quote from: ONeill on March 04, 2023, 09:38:10 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on March 04, 2023, 08:59:25 PM
Quote from: ONeill on March 04, 2023, 08:01:20 PM
I'd agree with that to an extent about Arteta. His changes didn't work.
No way. If you are a tittle challenging team you can't be perfect or slick all the time. The measure is when you are put up against it. Today was one of those days. Arteta and the team answered that. Superb result and cone back.

That's fair enough too. I just thought that with the Europa on the horizon, it wasn't the time to not start the best 11 so far this year. But it turned out ok.

Is there a striker atall in the panel fit? Who do you start on Thursday.

Tierney, keeper, Vieira, Nelson, Holding and Tomiyasu?

Turner, Tomiasyu, Holding, Gabriel, Tierney, Jorginho, Xhaka, Vieira, Nelson, Martinelli and Nketiah be my team for Thursday I reckon.. Nketiah a 50/50 for today Arteta said in the presser but should be ok for Thursday

Jim Bob

Quote from: Mourne Red on March 04, 2023, 09:27:36 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on March 04, 2023, 08:55:02 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on March 04, 2023, 07:03:10 PM
Naive from Arteta today imo.. Thought the team selection was poor as if you're challenging for the league it's important to play your best team, Tomi was poor today and shouldn't have started ahead of Ben White.. Vieira grew into the game as it went on but we missed Xhaka down that left hand side with Zini pushing on leaves a lot of space down that side and they exploited it for their first goal.

Not sure why Smith-Rowe came off (subbed the sub) hopefully just managing his minutes but good to see Nelson grab the game by the scruff of the neck.. Done well on his loans but never had the confidence in an arsenal shirt
aye he's an absolute clown  :D

Didn't say he was a clown did I? Said it was Naive to rotate in crunch game and it was, Tomiasyu was completely off the pace and Veiria was off the pace first half too.. he corrected it at half time by bringing Ben White on and I hope that will stand to him, same when he chased the game at Old Trafford earlier in the season he learned from that

What's your definition of naive ?

Were you thinking he was naive when you saw the team selection before the game started ?

An Watcher

Arteta knows the score but he's also thinking of the run in.  Trying to rest players up is understandable.  Arsenal should have been strong enough to win with that starting 11 but it didn't work out. 
The other option is to play the same team every week, get injuries etc and then lose games.
It's not rocket science

Armamike

He should forget about the Europa league.  Rest players for those fixtures.
That's just, like your opinion man.

BrotherMore6592

Yeah f*ck the europa league at this stage couldn't give a toss about it. Sure we're basically guaranteed champions league at this stage

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: trailer on February 16, 2023, 09:02:48 AM
Arsenal do well to get 3rd. Think Utd will finish above them. Mentally weak which was demonstrated by their defensive performance.
Arteta is an absolute header. Rory Gallagher like. At one stage I thought he was playing on the wing.

Haha Trailer you absolute spanner. That statement stood the test of time.

ONeill

Ramsdale made a couple of crucial saves yesterday.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Windmill abu

Quote from: ONeill on March 05, 2023, 11:01:40 PM
Ramsdale made a couple of crucial saves yesterday.
Totally agree. He is like Jans Lehman. Reliable and under appreciated. It is only when we look back that we will see how good he was
Never underestimate the power of complaining

ONeill

I've seen that stat a few times now, but would also like to see the info behind it.

Xhaka hasn't played every game in recent seasons. Elneny? Holding?

mrdeeds

Arsenal had a very strong bench today.
Trossard is a lovely player. Never realised so technically good.

ONeill

Yes, I was thinking of that bench today - when Nketiah is fit again, will he get a place on it? If so, it'll be for Nelson or Holding.

Mourne Red

Thought Trossard was immense today, same with Xhaka and Partey really drove the team on.. Thought Fulham would have put up more of a fight but nice we could take the foot off in 2nd half and get Jesus some minutes.

Think Tomiasyu or Nelson will drop out of Nketiah comes into the squad.. Holding is good to bring on when we need to see out a game and really our only back-up CB on the bench.

mrdeeds

Tomiasyu plays anywhere along backline so will always make bench. Reckon Eddie pushes Nelson out of squad. Kiwior didn't make bench today.