TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 26, 2015, 02:32:56 PM
About 3 episodes into Series 3 of House of Cards. Lacking a bit of a kick at the moment. Will it improve? Getting tired of it at the moment. No Spoilers.

I loved the first two series but have attempted to watch series 3 a couple of times and not got past the 3rd episode yet...

gallsman

Yeah, 3rd season of HoC took a massive dive.

Syferus

Mr. Robot is absolutely excellent.

laoislad

Latest episode of The Walking Dead is a bit WTF!!!
Wasn't expecting that,but I feel there will be a twist to that scene yet.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

bennydorano

Downloaded the Boxset of 1992 from Sky Arts, an Italian Political Corruption drama, 3 (from 10) Episodes in and it's a very good show so far with plenty of potential.

Billys Boots

Quote from: bennydorano on October 30, 2015, 03:08:49 PM
Downloaded the Boxset of 1992 from Sky Arts, an Italian Political Corruption drama, 3 (from 10) Episodes in and it's a very good show so far with plenty of potential.

Yep, good show - very cynical, quite sad. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

oakleafgael

Season 3 of the Blacklist starts tonight for those that are interested. Great show.

Main Street

Season 2 ep 3 of Fargo and it's just superb, re script, story, plot, characters, acting, direction and cinematography and anything else that matters. TV drama of the year by a North Dakota mile.

bennydorano

Main Street

JoG2

3 episodes into season 1 of Friday Night Lights. Have been meaning to watch it for a while.   Superb TV

JimStynes

Always been meaning to try Friday Night Lights and never got round to it. Good show then?

Started homeland again and it is class! Went through a bit of a shit spell around the start of season 3 and I stopped watching it. Started up again and it got better and better. Saying that season 5 has started a bit slow but only 2 episodes in.

Main Street

Quote from: JimStynes on October 31, 2015, 11:36:10 PM
Always been meaning to try Friday Night Lights and never got round to it. Good show then?
It's an excellent tv drama. Once you start watching it you will quickly find out if you like it or not.
And if you like it, you will watch it right through all the seasons.
if you don't like it, you won't bother.
There is no duplicity.

Main Street

Quote from: bennydorano on November 01, 2015, 09:16:58 AM
Quote from: Main Street on October 31, 2015, 10:46:30 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on October 30, 2015, 10:41:44 PM
Quirky by numbers IMO.
What does "Quirky by numbers" mean?
Formulaic
It's  a north dakota noir, black humour genre, the plots are complicated and it's out of the box inventive  with script, characters, editing.
Fargo will not be to everybody's taste but formulaic it ain't.
And also coming after the season one, this second season is an unformulaic as you can get, it's a new departure.