The Good News Thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, May 13, 2009, 11:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Sun is shining and this morning on the Tom Dunne show I heard a young traveller girl called Selina sing a song called The Wedding Bells and it was simply stunning to listen to, has to be heard...

Can listen to it here

http://www.newstalk.ie/programmes/all/tom-dunne/from-limerick-to-carnegie-hall/
#newbridgeornowhere

stpauls

Quote from: stpauls on May 26, 2010, 10:42:03 AM
i figure rather than starting a new thread i would resurrect this one, and let you all know i am going to be a dad for the first time in November!! it can't come quick enough!!

well, the big day arrived eventually!! my son was born on Thursday night at 10.53pm at 8lbs 8oz!!! to say i am over the moon would be an understatement!! hopefully get him home later on today!!!  :) :) :)

ross4life

Quote from: stpauls on November 07, 2010, 12:38:27 AM
i figure rather than starting a new thread i would resurrect this one, and let you all know i am going to be a dad for the first time in November!! it can't come quick enough!!

well, the big day arrived eventually!! my son was born on Thursday night at 10.53pm at 8lbs 8oz!!! to say i am over the moon would be an understatement!! hopefully get him home later on today!!!  :) :) :)

After the bad news about Ardmhachaabu on here today! this is good to hear congrats man all the best i hope mom is keeping well?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross4life on November 07, 2010, 12:47:35 AM

After the bad news about Ardmhachaabu on here today! this is good to hear congrats man all the best i hope mom is keeping well?
+1 ross4life, congrats st paul, what did you call him?
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

stpauls

if any of you can recall the Irish names thread I posted on about a month ago, we called him Seán Mícéal, after his 2 grandfathers!!  ;D

ziggysego

Congratulations stpauls. A lovely name.

I look forward to seeing your wee lad don a Tyrone jersey for the Minors in 16 years time ;)
Testing Accessibility

Square Ball

if any of you can recall the Irish names thread I posted on about a month ago, we called him Seán (fada on the a) Mícéal (fadas on the i and e), after his 2 grandfathers!

Control, alt and the letter St Pauls.

Congratulations and enjoy
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

pintsofguinness

good to hear some good news, congratulations!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

theskull1

Quote from: Square Ball on November 07, 2010, 12:25:12 PM
if any of you can recall the Irish names thread I posted on about a month ago, we called him Seán (fada on the a) Mícéal (fadas on the i and e), after his 2 grandfathers!

or use the Alt Gr key
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

vav

Congratulations stpaul, hope mam & baby are doing fantastically

Nally Stand

Congrats St Pauls great news
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

stpauls

Quote from: Square Ball on November 07, 2010, 12:25:12 PM
if any of you can recall the Irish names thread I posted on about a month ago, we called him Seán Mícéal, after his 2 grandfathers!

awesome, worked a treat SB, thanks for that!!  :)

mylestheslasher

Great news st Paul. Glad to hear all are well.

AZOffaly

Congrats StPaul. On a weekend that saw horrific news about ardmhachaabu, it's great to see such happy news.

brokencrossbar1

And the wheel keeps turning!!!  Well done stpaul, good size of a boy and the name will carry on.  All those spuds up Shanro and laps of the garden did ye some good ;D