Will anyone inn Fianna Fail shout stop?

Started by Leo, February 22, 2008, 05:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

his holiness nb

Quote from: Zapatista on February 22, 2008, 05:41:28 PM
Quote from: his holiness nb on February 22, 2008, 05:37:34 PM
Of course they need to elect a new leader. But do you honestly think anyone other that Cowen stands a chance?

Depends how badly BA falls and how Cowens reaction to it. Going by current form Ned O'Keefe is the front runner. Do you honestly think FF would elect another CJH or BA....on second thoughts I don't need an answer to that.

What has Cowen done to be called "another CJH or BA" ?

I sense allegations of dodgy money going his way from that.

Can you clarify?
Ask me holy bollix

Son_of_Sam

I doubt Cowan is directly involved, he is however an appeaser.

Zapatista

I have accused him of nothing. I make the point that the sort of blatant head in the sand attitude towards corruption in FF by FFers is dangerous. Cowen has been leading the way in defending the indefenceable and could end up taking a very hard tumble if he gets this wrong. He is already on thin ice. Cast your mind back to a little known guy called Mickael McDowell and how his head in the sand, defence of BA, stay in Government position cost him his seat and the leadership of his party. I think they used to be the PDs

Son_of_Sam

Quote from: Zapatista on February 22, 2008, 05:49:42 PM
I have accused him of nothing. I make the point that the sort of blatant head in the sand attitude towards corruption in FF by FFers is dangerous. Cowen has been leading the way in defending the indefenceable and could end up taking a very hard tumble if he gets this wrong. He is already on thin ice. Cast your mind back to a little known guy called Mickael McDowell and how his head in the sand, defence of BA, stay in Government position cost him his seat and the leadership of his party. I think they used to be the PDs

You forget Fianna Faill get elected by Fianna Failers therefore corruption does not seem a criteria for the political scrapheap. Put on a good function at the Galway Races, sure thats all that matters.

his holiness nb

I dont think any neutral could honestly say Cowen is on "thin ice". He is probably the most popular politican in the country, despite of him being in FF while all this is going on.

I'd be interested to see if Bertie resigned and another general election was called.

I'd say with Cowen in charge FF would get back into government.

I wouldnt be voting for them, nor would I vote for FG or Labour.
Ask me holy bollix

Son_of_Sam

Quote from: his holiness nb on February 22, 2008, 05:56:43 PM
I dont think any neutral could honestly say Cowen is on "thin ice". He is probably the most popular politican in the country, despite of him being in FF while all this is going on.

I'd be interested to see if Bertie resigned and another general election was called.

I'd say with Cowen in charge FF would get back into government.

I wouldnt be voting for them, nor would I vote for FG or Labour.

Quick question HH would you vote for a party or Independent you know will turn around and put the FFMafia back in power?

his holiness nb

Quote from: Son_of_Sam on February 22, 2008, 05:52:14 PM
You forget Fianna Faill get elected by Fianna Failers therefore corruption does not seem a criteria for the political scrapheap. Put on a good function at the Galway Races, sure thats all that matters.

How does a function in a tent in Galway win you the votes of a huge portion of the nation?
Thats silly talk.

Theres a huge amount of people who would switch votes from election to election, based on how the feel currently.
Like me, I would not tie myself to a single party. I have voted for FF in the past, this does not make me a Fianna Failer.

I think the main problem is the only real option is FG. And most people see their leader as a bit of a p***k.
Simplistic but true.
Ask me holy bollix

his holiness nb

Quote from: Son_of_Sam on February 22, 2008, 05:59:30 PM
Quick question HH would you vote for a party or Independent you know will turn around and put the FFMafia back in power?

I'd vote for a party or independant on its individual merits.

Why? Are you suggesting I should vote for FG?
Ask me holy bollix

Zapatista

He is nowhere near the most popular politican. He may be they most popular in FF he might get support from Greens PDs and Ind but he is certainly not the most popular in Ireland. I think Gerry Adams, Enda Kenny and even BA (no matter how I hate to say it) are more popular.

I'd be interested to see if Bertie resigned and another general election was called..

That would not cause an election It would take the Greens to grow a set and pull out of Government.

I'd say with Cowen in charge FF would get back into government...

FF could probably get back into Goverment with Hitler in charge.

Son_of_Sam

I weep for our Country.   :'(

Thats not just slagging, I honestly feel a pain in my heart & soul to know our once great Republic is being corroded by these shower of thieves & the electorate don't give a fck, as long as they line their pockets on the greasy pole, well the economy is fcked now.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Zapatista on February 22, 2008, 06:09:13 PM
He is nowhere near the most popular politican. He may be they most popular in FF he might get support from Greens PDs and Ind but he is certainly not the most popular in Ireland. I think Gerry Adams, Enda Kenny and even BA (no matter how I hate to say it) are more popular.

There was a poll done last year in which he came out on top. I cant produce links or details so wont push that fact.
But I think Enda Kennys popularity is quite low, and I believe this is why FG are not in Power.

That would not cause an election It would take the Greens to grow a set and pull out of Government.

I know him resigning wouldnt cause it alone, but the knock on effects of it may lead to an election.

Quote from: Zapatista on February 22, 2008, 06:09:13 PM
FF could probably get back into Goverment with Hitler in charge.

::)
Whatever about what Bertie has done, thats a huge slur of the voting people of Ireland.

[/quote]
Ask me holy bollix

Zapatista

The FF voting people of Ireland have lost my faith. 

If the proper action is taken to change the ways of FF, then my faith might be restored but until that time I can't trust them to make decisions regarding the good of the Irish people.

I lawfully accept their decision but I will work hard to lawfully change their minds for the next election.

An Gaeilgoir

Well i dont hear the blue shirts getting too vocal about the issue...maybe there is something in their closet that they dont want exposed...although they have destroyed all their records a few years ago... where was Enda this morning for the debate with Martin M. this morning  on Morning Ireland. The blueshirts have as many dodgy dealings through the years, alledgely... its a pity they have never been in power long enough since the foundation of the state to influence anyone.... :D Rock on Bertie...

Son_of_Sam

Enda Kenny's spare votes helped nearly eradicated the FF parasite from Mayo, pity the rest of the country wouldn't see the light  :D

Son_of_Sam

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on February 22, 2008, 06:23:06 PM

Well i dont hear the blue shirts getting too vocal about the issue...maybe there is something in their closet that they dont want exposed...although they have destroyed all their records a few years ago... where was Enda this morning for the debate with Martin M. this morning  on Morning Ireland. The blueshirts have as many dodgy dealings through the years, alledgely... its a pity they have never been in power long enough since the foundation of the state to influence anyone.... :D Rock on Bertie...

What the fck are you on about FG are mentioning the wrongdoings of Bertie & his bandits every day.

Typical FFMaifa response they expect everyone else to be as corrupt as themselves.