FAI...June 2024 Friendlies v Hungary and Portugal

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: An Watcher on November 12, 2015, 05:45:19 PM
I think we can get at their defence.  We have all heard about dzeko n pjanic but nothing about their defence. There holding midfielder is suspended for tomorrow night so there're playing a fella with sturm graz. Take a 2-2 draw now!

2-0 defeat on the cards, the ROI will be predictable and shut up shop, time waste and hit them on the break when they can, they will score and then the Republic will come out of their shell an get hit on the break.

I wish they would go for it, get aggressive and nick a couple of goals, a 2-2 draw would probably do the trick, I am pulling for tham as I support ALL Irish teams in every sporting endeavor! ;)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

illdecide

TBH i can only see us scoring from a set piece...i would say a 1-0 or 2-0 defeat is on the cards tonight. I just hope we have something to play for going into Monday's return leg, a 2-0 defeat would be too much for us i believe. As someone stated i would also bit your arm off for a 0-0 tonight but can't see it due to too many injuries and suspensions & old age (Sorry Robbie).
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

50fiftyball

Dzeko anytime and Bosnia win in 90 mins @ 11/4 looks a solid bet, but didn't we beat the world champions! COME ON IRELAND

Megaman

Really worried it could be pretty much over after the first leg.

I hope im wrong, but i could see a 2 or 3 nil defeat.

laoislad

Some amount of negativity on here! Ireland actually have a decent enough away record.
I'm going 1-1 tonight and a 1-0 at the Aviva.
COYBIG!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

A 1-1 tonight would be a  miles better than 0-0. What time is it at?

1-1 tonight and 0-0 at home. Oxo.

ballinaman

Some craic in Sarajevo last night judging by the whataspp vids I've got from friends over there...pub was hopping.

Mon Ireland...a solid 1-1 victory for us will do nicely. I hope the players know how important these 2 games are...dictating my summer holidays next year.

general_lee

Quote from: laoislad on November 13, 2015, 11:19:37 AM
Some amount of negativity on here! Ireland actually have a decent enough away record.
I'm going 1-1 tonight and a 1-0 at the Aviva.
COYBIG!
Agreed, why all the pessimism? When's the last time Ireland were beaten 2 or 3 nil?

Tonight is all about calm heads, game management and taking whatever chances come our way. We could really do with big Jon Walters or Shane Long as their physicality is suited to a tie like this, that said Daryl Murphy isn't exactly a wee pube.

I had one eye on the Norway Hungary game last night and Norway completely out classed them in every department apart from on the scoreboard. Hungary were on the ropes throughout but held on for the win, I don't see why Ireland can't do the same.

Esmarelda

John Giles was on with Pat Kenny earlier and he suggests that Ireland should take the game on its merits.

Sounds like a plan.

Pub Bore

Though I think we've a poor team at the moment, my gut tells me we'll get through over the 2 legs.  Would help if we could nick a goal tonight.

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

SHEEDY

nil satis nisi optimum

oakleaflad

Ireland: Randolph, Coleman, Clark, Keogh, Ward, Whelan, McCarthy, Hendrick, Hoolahan, Brady, Murphy

From the Bunker

Quote from: oakleaflad on November 13, 2015, 06:45:55 PM
Ireland: Randolph, Coleman, Clark, Keogh, Ward, Whelan, McCarthy, Hendrick, Hoolahan, Brady, Murphy

Not much else MON could do with suspensions and injuries. At least Hoolahan starts. I wonder was this out of desperation? As MON does not seem to fancy the lad.

Anyway hope we are still it at least when we bring them back to the Aviva.