Football Free for All or A Fight in November?

Started by T Fearon, August 24, 2007, 10:44:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/article2891602.ece

Really do we want to have the new Stadium at the Maze tarnished by louts like this :D

By the way my money is on "Stocky" Boyce...he'd be the more hungry fighter! :D :D

The FAI will remain on standby when the IFA finally implodes

The Subbie

With the recruitment of Lawrez Sanchez, the international team became a powerful force in world football again.

;D ;D ;D
Who the fcuk are they trying to kid ha ha ha ha  ;D

Gnevin

Fearon f**k off we get it for you the IFA== BAD, now can you keep in one thread you idiot
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

SammyG

Quote from: The Subbie on August 24, 2007, 12:00:12 PM
With the recruitment of Lawrez Sanchez, the international team became a powerful force in world football again.

;D ;D ;D

27th in the world, 2nd in our qualifying group, leading goalscorer in Europe, beat Sweden , Spain and Engerlund. I think by anybody's measure that would make us a 'force in world football'

EC Unique

Quote from: SammyG on August 24, 2007, 12:22:30 PM

;D ;D ;D

27th in the world, 2nd in our qualifying group, leading goalscorer in Europe, beat Sweden , Spain and Engerlund. I think by anybody's measure that would make us a 'force in world football'

Norn Iron are 300/1 to win euro 08 with only Slovakia and Belgium at greater odds. :D :D  Yea a 'force in world football' indeed. ::)

nifan

Quote from: EC Unique on August 24, 2007, 12:31:41 PM

Norn Iron are 300/1 to win euro 08 with only Slovakia and Belgium at greater odds. :D :D  Yea a 'force in world football' indeed. ::)

I think a force here is a relative term - before we where a walkover, now at the very least we will have a major say in the qualification for a major championship, and have a chance of perhaps squeking in ourselves.

As for Slovakia and Belgium being the only teams with greater odds, I assume you mean the only teams that have been quoted at greater odds.

Main Street

From the article
"Jim has been mortally wounded"
"Mr Boyce was dealt a further blow on Wednesday"
;D

He is a hard man for sure to be still standing.

SammyG

Quote from: EC Unique on August 24, 2007, 12:31:41 PM

;D ;D ;D

Not sure what the bookies odds (which are based on the number of bets recieved and the relative outlay) have to do with anything. I prefer to look at less important   ;) things like results, group standings, goals scored against goals conceded etc when working out the relative strengths of teams.

If you look at the PP list it has high rankings for eg Spain and Engerlund neither of who are certain to even qualify nevermind win the thing. And if you want to have a bet I'd go to Coral who have NI at 1000/1

The Subbie

Sammy , Sammy , Sammy

A blind man can see that the norn iron house of cards is gonna come tumbling down , theres not a hope of norn iron qualifying for the euros  and before you say it free state does'nt either.
So enjoy what you can of it but if i was putting a bet on it would be for Jackie fullerton to be saying before the year is out " so near and yet so far for Norn Iron"

I'd say you can book next years holidays , you won't be otherwise ingaged with the GAWA ;)

SammyG

Quote from: The Subbie on August 24, 2007, 01:15:23 PM
Sammy , Sammy , Sammy

A blind man can see that the norn iron house of cards is gonna come tumbling down , theres not a hope of norn iron qualifying for the euros  and before you say it free state does'nt either.
DOn't think I've ever mentioned us qualifying (although there's still an outside chance that we might) but I'm not sur why the 'house of cards' would fall if we don't qualify? We have a young settled squad and will be there or thereabouts for the next few years at least.
So enjoy what you can of it but if i was putting a bet on it would be for Jackie fullerton to be saying before the year is out " so near and yet so far for Norn Iron"
Probably right but the fat lady isn't even warming up yet.
I'd say you can book next years holidays , you won't be otherwise ingaged with the GAWA ;)
We'll see.

Galwaybhoy

;D ;D ;D

The rankings are shite, I doubt ye will be in the top 3 even 4 by the time the qualifiers end.  Three good results in two years does not make ye a 'force in world football'.  Going by that logic that must mean (Rep) Ireland were a world class team between 1998-2002 since we got many great results.  To be honest I hope ye qualify, I see the north of Ireland football team like I see Scotland and Wales, teams I like to see do well, its not as if ye are our rivals in soccer or anything.

A Quinn Martin Production

"Jim has been mortally wounded. He hasn't been able to live with it well and last night he complained that no-one (from the IFA) contacted him to tell him what his new duties as honorary president were."

FFS Jim, you're an honorary President, ye have no f**king duties!!
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

T Fearon

Galwaybaybhoy if you lived up here you wouldn't want to see them qualifying for anything. Life would be unbearable. Last Tuesday night BBC tv broadcast a special on a current Fulham striker with a below average club career who has scored a few goals against underachieving international sides recently (after going two years without him or any of his teammates scoring at all). Would be like RTE broadcasting a tribute to Lee Carsley!

Imagine the overkill we'd all have to endure if they actually qualified for something?????

SammyG

Quote from: T Fearon on August 24, 2007, 01:50:42 PM
Galwaybaybhoy if you lived up here you wouldn't want to see them qualifying for anything. Life would be unbearable. Last Tuesday night BBC tv broadcast a special on a current Fulham striker with a below average club career who has scored a few goals against underachieving international sides recently (after going two years without him or any of his teammates scoring at all). Would be like RTE broadcasting a tribute to Lee Carsley!

Imagine the overkill we'd all have to endure if they actually qualified for something?????

Sorry Tony I thought the BBC broadcast a programme on the current leading scorer in all of Europe and 5th best British goalscorer of all time. If any RoI player ever got to be the leading scorer in Europe, I'm sure RTE'd run a programme about him.