45 (46.4%)
AC Milan
52 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 90

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Uladh on May 24, 2007, 03:31:21 PM
Quote from: Caitlin on May 24, 2007, 03:24:09 PM
Eamon Dunphy's 'real deal' Kaka was largely anonymous

Was that apart from the Free kick he won on the edge of the box before half time and the sublimely disguised pass for the winner?

class always prevails

To be fair he was in Mascherano's pocket all night. The one time he found some space (after Mascherano was taken off near the end) he finally found the time and space to make a quality pass for Milan's second goal. Really Alonso should have been taken off ahead of Mascherano.

The Real SlimShady

could anyone please tell me how Alonso didnt get booked and Mascherano did? Alonso made at least 6 fouls while Mascherano only made 1 or 2.

it was almost as bad as yer man Montella that time against United when Big Ron thought the Ref was his Uncle!

AZOffaly

I am a fan of Kaka, but I though Maschereno did a great job on him last night, as I suspected he would. I also have great time for Gattuso, who wasn't brilliant either last night, but is great value. You just know he loves playing the game. I put him up there with other players I have great respect for, despite them doing Liverpool damage.

GalwayBayBoy

Quotecould anyone please tell me how Alonso didnt get booked and Mascherano did? Alonso made at least 6 fouls while Mascherano only made 1 or 2.

That's true actually. Alonso was giving away silly free-kicks all game long. The first time Mascherano slightly mis-timed a tackle he picked up a booking.

AZOffaly

Mascherano's tackle was from behind though, and even then it was after Pirlo and co went roaring at the ref that he got carded.

Alonso always looks clumsy rather than lunging I think.

full back

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 24, 2007, 03:45:10 PM
Mascherano's tackle was from behind though, and even then it was after Pirlo and co went roaring at the ref that he got carded.

Alonso always looks clumsy rather than lunging I think.

I thought referee's were stamping this type of sh1te out? Or is it up to each individual ref?

An Fear Rua

Quote from: corn02 on May 24, 2007, 03:15:15 PM
An Fear you must of been over in Athens onviously, if you know all the facts?
Uladh, I am just basing it on what I have heard so far. Obviously there would be a few trying to jump the turnstiles or whatever, Liverpool has as many tramps as every football team. However it is important to keep in mind that many people bought fakes under the presumption that they were genuine. As I already stated alot could only be identified by Ultra Violet light as reported yesterday.

My second reason for this basing although quite loose, is that if I was trying to 'blag' my way into the ground either with a fake or by hoping a fence etc, I would not be arriving to the ground at the very late stage where it is understood the route was cut off for those trying to enter. The Police stopped the flow of the crowd shortly before the commencment of the match.

you were not in athens, yet you seem to have them all too.
Its Grim up North

tyroneboi

bit random but does anyone know the name of the song when maldini lifted the trophy?

mooncatiii

the best team lost no doubt!!  and never mind alonso, gattuso had 4r5 bad tackle before he got booked an a few dodgy 1s after, if any1 shuda went last nite it shuda have been!  but wuda kept mascherano on and took alonso of maybe the second goal wudn have happened cos alonso would have been houndein kaka and the through ball to inzaghi may not have happened!  to some it up in a word...ROBBED!
shazam

corn02

No An Fear Rua I made it clear that I was just reporting stories I had heard or seen, you are the one who thinks you know everything that happened first hand.

Syd

Have come across of a few more sinister elements from last night, Liverpool fans mugging fellow fans for tickets and children getting their tickets stolen. Every club has their scummy element but Liverpool must have had their full quota of tramps in Athens.

Square Ball

Quote from: Syd on May 24, 2007, 09:08:41 PM
Have come across of a few more sinister elements from last night, Liverpool fans mugging fellow fans for tickets and children getting their tickets stolen. Every club has their scummy element but Liverpool must have had their full quota of tramps in Athens.

yeah, was listening to radio 5 and they had a few supporters who had tickets stolen, the ones who done it should be ashamed of themselves. people were saying they feared for their safety and were constantly weary about being mugged for the tickets.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

mooncatiii

for a start how do you know it wasn't touts who stole the tickets in order to sell them on for more money??   all people are going on is speculation here!  most of the problems happened when supporters with tickets could not get in to the ground which given th much they paid getn over there it is understandable.   there was too many fake tickets in circulation which is hardly liverpool supporters fault more of a problem for the authorites, but i guess people will use excuse to have a go at liverpool! jealousy is an awful thing
shazam

Square Ball

talking complete ballocks, this was from Liverpool supporters in Athens and is not speculation, fact!! nothing to do with jealously
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

deiseach

Quote from: mooncatiii on May 24, 2007, 09:37:07 PM
for a start how do you know it wasn't touts who stole the tickets in order to sell them on for more money?? 

Yeah, they're called 'the Uefa family'