Pub in Ballywalter showing the All Ireland Final?

Started by Dougal Maguire, September 14, 2010, 11:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougal Maguire

I have a friend who'll be in Ballywalter on Sunday. Has anyone any idea if there would be a pub in the village where he could watch the game?
Careful now

ApresMatch

I doubt anyone in Ballywalter will even know that Down are in the All-Ireland never mind show it.They'll be showing Utd and Liverpool anyway.I'd say ur friends best bet is to go to nearby Kirkubbin or Portaferry for the game.

Lecale2

Tell him to drive to Portavogie and ask for directions to Ballygalget club.

johnneycool

Quote from: Lecale2 on September 15, 2010, 01:21:18 PM

Go to the Quays pub/restaurant at the corner of the harbour, the owner is a lad Adair, tell him I sent you and you want to watch RTE2.

It'll not be a problem   ;D

artisan2010

Quote from: johnneycool on September 15, 2010, 01:33:36 PM

Go to the Quays pub/restaurant at the corner of the harbour, the owner is a lad Adair, tell him I sent you and you want to watch RTE2.

Whats the ulster scots for RTE2 and is your friend Usain Bolt

MCMLX

The Sandpiper Inn is a great pub for games, though the atmosphere wont be great on Sunday as most of the locals will be at the game.

ziggysego

Quote from: artisan2010 on September 15, 2010, 02:05:55 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on September 15, 2010, 01:33:36 PM

Whats the ulster scots for RTE2 and is your friend Usain Bolt

Talkie-boxie magic-boxie dan dare over de barder tae
Testing Accessibility

omagh_gael

johnneycool

Quote from: MCMLX on September 15, 2010, 02:10:19 PM
The Sandpiper Inn is a great pub for games, though the atmosphere wont be great on Sunday as most of the locals will be at the game.

The Sandpiper Inn didn't get too many tickets from Sean O'G so there'll be a big enough crowd in the front lounge

As for the Ulster scots translations

are tae eeh twa

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

The Worker

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on September 14, 2010, 11:39:52 PM
I have a friend who'll be in Ballywalter on Sunday. Has anyone any idea if there would be a pub in the village where he could watch the game?

tell your 'friend' to avoid it altogether

Dougal Maguire

He's now decided that he'll drive over to Clough and watch it there. He's an Armagh supporter and after driving through Clough today he was heartened by the number of orange flags still flying almost 3 months after they were put out of the championship and feels he'll get a much warmer welcome there
Careful now

Lecale2

If he's going to drive the whole way from Ballywalter to Clough, why doesn't he just go feckin home to Armagh? If he went through Belfast it would near be as quick.

I don't think there's even a pub in Clough any more.

Onlooker

This thread led me to look up some information about Ballywalter and I found out that the inhabitants of the village and surrounding area played a gallant part in the 1798 rebellion.  Things may be very different nowadays but the area has a proud history from 1798.

johnneycool

Quote from: Onlooker on September 16, 2010, 11:45:00 AM
This thread led me to look up some information about Ballywalter and I found out that the inhabitants of the village and surrounding area played a gallant part in the 1798 rebellion.  Things may be very different nowadays but the area has a proud history from 1798.

There'd be plenty of protestant dissenters down that neck of the woods OK, but they may be dissenting about much different things nowadays.