SKY+

Started by clarshack, December 06, 2007, 01:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack_Black

its your TV Aerial cable - same stuff thats going from your Dish to your Sky box

get CT100 cable   (i think)

yeah they are cheap enough

you might need another remote though.

Item number: 360095444757  (ebay number)  this is fine

Item number: 250301392363 - or this if you dont need a remote

full back

Cheers jack, appreciate it
Have the main remote so will go for the 2nd option

full back

Already have an extra remote from a previous dealing with them boyos at Sky, will just use it
Thanks for all the help lads

full back

Bought the magic eye on ebay, but cant get the fcuker to work :-\

Jack or Fionn, any ideas?

Jack_Black

Quote from: full back on October 15, 2008, 01:35:16 PM

is the RF output turned on, at work and cant mind how to do it, it in the services menu somewhere.

also, make sure that none of the copper braid is touching the main wire inside, this stops the red-eye signal being sent back up to cable

full back

Quote from: Jack_Black on October 15, 2008, 03:30:43 PM
Quote from: full back on October 15, 2008, 01:35:16 PM

is the RF output turned on, at work and cant mind how to do it, it in the services menu somewhere.

also, make sure that none of the copper braid is touching the main wire inside, this stops the red-eye signal being sent back up to cable

No idea what that means.
I have the ordinary TV aerial on the TV up the stairs. I thought I just plugged the eye into the TV aerial & into where the TV aerial normally goes and hey presto
Obviously not :-\

Jack_Black

Quote from: Jack_Black on October 09, 2008, 02:59:22 PM
damn, another question lol

do you have an attic / accessible roofspace - one or two storey house

anyway, however you do it, best way is to run a co-axial cable from the RF2 on the Sky+ box to your second TV
the magic eye is then attached to the end of the co-axial cable (2nd TV end) and then plugged into the TV, a little transmitter sits on the TV and you can then control the main box from the bedroom

you have to watch the same thing on both TV, if you want to watch different channels on both TV you can get Multi-room which is an extra £10 a month

EDIT - just read your first question - it doesnt cost anything extra per month for the first option

you need to run a cable from the back of your TV (in bedroom) to the Sky Box.

ziggysego

Thinking of getting Sky HD, with Magic Eye. Is Sky+ standard on HD and do you think it's worth it? Going to maybe get Entertainment and Movie package, plus Sentana for GAA.
Testing Accessibility

Bomber

Hello. I am on the look out for some help here. I have a TV in the living room connected to sky + box and another TV in the bedroom using the  magic digieye and have decided to put a TV in the kitchen. When getting the sky + installed at the start I connected the wires in the attic from the bedroom to the main wire from the living room so I could get the TV in the bedroom to work. Worked out ok.

My problem when connecting the wires in the attic again for the kitchen the sky remote will not work in the bedroom but I do get a picture no probs.

Any advice how I could sort this out? Someone said I needed an integrated bypass amplifier. What does this do??

Main Street

"integrated bypass amplifier. What does this do??"

It boosts the rf signal at the point where the signal is split into two. Typically a signal looses at least  about 4- 6db of quality when it is spilt.
A 4 to 6 db  loss on an average signal quality can result in poor quality reception in the second TV.
The amplifiers will boost the signal without creating a disturbance back at base (the skybox).

under the bar

Does the magic eye transmit the sky signal to another room or just allow you to change channels if you have already a sky transmitter installed?

full back

I thought it was just a case of plugging the 'eye' in & the signal will be picked up in a different room.
Having got the eye, I now realise there has to be a connection from the sky box to the other room as well :-\

I was fairly sure I had heard of a device that will send the Sky to another TV without the need for a connection from the Sky box to the other room

under the bar

£35 seems to be the standard price for these things.  Anyone know any chinese sites offering free shipping that might have them?

full back

Quote from: nifan on October 21, 2008, 12:50:59 PM
http://www.accessorystore.co.uk/acatalog/H.Q.2.4_GHz_Wireless_AV_System.html

Something like this full back

Yeah, thats it nifan
Think you have to watch what is on the main Sky, but it wouldnt be bad in comparison to the £10 per month Sky charge for multiroom