Ulster Bank

Started by TopofthePops, June 22, 2012, 05:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

leenie

maybe i'm in the wrong city, but myself and many co workers have had our accounts frozen until this "glinch" is over.. and i was meant to b paid on wednesday, when i went to the atm on thursday it told me i was overdrawn, got the shock of my life because i don't have an overdraft on my account, i knew my wages should have been in so i thought my had been defrauded! went straight into branch and the person behind desk whom should have been able to help was very rude, did not explain what had happen and told me to call in later! i asked him if i could withdraw money and he just said no! there was no explanation... it wasn't until i went to work that i realised that others couldn't obtain money that their was an issue... ! read their update today sayin that i'd could go into their their branches and get "MY"  money, so i went again today but was told no because they were unable to see what was in my account and told to come back monday! disgrace!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

supersarsfields

F**k Ulster bank. If they don't get this sorted soon I'm closing my Henry hippo account! And they ain't getting their piggybank back either!! 

Tony Baloney

Quote from: leenie on June 23, 2012, 02:53:08 AM

maybe i'm in the wrong city, but myself and many co workers have had our accounts frozen until this "glinch" is over.. and i was meant to b paid on wednesday, when i went to the atm on thursday it told me i was overdrawn, got the shock of my life because i don't have an overdraft on my account, i knew my wages should have been in so i thought my had been defrauded! went straight into branch and the person behind desk whom should have been able to help was very rude, did not explain what had happen and told me to call in later! i asked him if i could withdraw money and he just said no! there was no explanation... it wasn't until i went to work that i realised that others couldn't obtain money that their was an issue... ! read their update today sayin that i'd could go into their their branches and get "MY"  money, so i went again today but was told no because they were unable to see what was in my account and told to come back monday! disgrace!
You are overdrawn because the residents of Armagh have gone on holiday with your money! :D

Dougal Maguire

I remember something like that happening in Belfast a few years ago and a priest told his parishioners the following Sunday that they should give the money back. I also remember many years ago a First Trust ATM in Buttercrane in Newry giving me out far more than I'd asked for, in fact the machine only stopped when it ran out of money. I went straight round to the bank with the money, expecting to be treated like a hero and at the very least given the offer of sex with the managers wife but the cnuts made a big deal about it saying that the ATM didn't come under the remit of the Branch. It was almost like I'd brought a dose of the diarrhoea into the place. The cnuts always make it clear that mistakes will not be entertained once you leave their premises, so it should work both ways IMO
Careful now

imtommygunn

This is going to end very badly for either ulster bank or a lot of silly people!!

armaghniac

I imagine ATMs keep offline records as well, so some audit will be done. If they came to me for money back, I'd love to send them a letter saying that they could have an appointment to discuss the matter and that a service charge would apply.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

TopofthePops

I'm hearing reports that the transactions are now showing up, imagine havin seein minus 4grand on ur account, saying it is not a valid overdraft the bank will be charging extortinate bank charges!!

All these people who overdrew are donald ducked!! Lmao...

I suppose it's like the looting that went on in London. no way u can get away with it!

el_cuervo_fc

Got a few texts from people who are now well into the red. The last message I received said "suitcase full of cash being left back to the bank on Monday, bastids caught on".

It was never going to be any other way

TopofthePops

Ah rippin, was that suitcase full of money Pearse Og bound??lol

el_cuervo_fc

No it wasn't an ogs lad that sent me the text. We've more sense

Agent Orange

Quote from: TopofthePops on June 23, 2012, 02:36:06 PM
I'm hearing reports that the transactions are now showing up, imagine havin seein minus 4grand on ur account, saying it is not a valid overdraft the bank will be charging extortinate bank charges!!

I suppose it's like the looting that went on in London. no way u can get away with it!

I think anyone that was stupid enough to do this wouldn't really be bothered about paying the money back.

Cold tea

Quote from: Agent Orange on June 23, 2012, 02:57:23 PM
Quote from: TopofthePops on June 23, 2012, 02:36:06 PM

I think anyone that was stupid enough to do this wouldn't really be bothered about paying the money back.

Surely it will simply be debited from their account.

Maguire01

Along with interest for an unauthorised overdraft.

Smokin Joe

Let me get this straight.

All the ATMs in Armagh are cleaned out because it emerged that if you asked to withdraw say £50 you received £100?

Was that just at Ulster Bank ATMs or was it all ATMs, and / or did it only benefit Ulster Bank customers?

And was it only in Armagh?

I understand that this extra cash has now been caught on, but I'm trying to understand the specifics of what was causing it.