The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Mark Gonzalez is hoping to stay at Liverpool next season, but he concedes he could be shipped out by Rafa Benitez.

The winger has had a fitful debut season in the Premiership and has yet to truly convince on the left-hand side of midfield.

The former Albacete ace has been linked with a return to Spain, with rumours suggesting he could be used as a makeweight in a deal for Real Zaragoza defender Gabriel Milito.

Gonzalez accepts he has not enjoyed a productive season at Anfield and is waiting to learn if he figures in Benitez's plans for next term.

"I have a three-year contract, but you never know what might happen," Gonzalez told the Liverpool Echo.

"This is football and if I have to go somewhere else then I will have to deal with that.

"But at the moment I'm here and I'm very focused for the final and what happens in the future will come.

"If I have to go then I will go, but I will arrive there with confidence because I have been at Liverpool and I must have been there for something.

"I would like to stay at Liverpool next season and beyond. But it has not been the best year for me and I know I can do more."

Courtesy of skysports.  If we get a better player in return in Milito it would be good business.  

I feel sorry for him in many ways.  He does seem to have ability but lacks confidence/cuteness to make the final cut.  Another year may bring him on but he may suit the better weather in Spain so leave go is my view.

corn02

Good man 5Times, was it in todays second ballot by any chance?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Hound on May 18, 2007, 01:29:31 PM
Since when does playing half a game against an already relegated Charlton count for anything? Jeez lads some of yis have short memories. Harry has been mediocre to shíte throughout his Liverpool career. Still though probably a better option than the useless Bolo and the unproven Gonzalez. However, none of those mentioned should start on the left v Milan. It should be either Riise with Arbeloa behind him or Gerrard to accomadate a midfield of Pennant-Masch-Alonso-Gerrard. Kewell then can come on a sub - no chance Rafa will risk starting him.

Don't rate Arbeloa at all i think he was found out against Chelsea in Stamford Bridge also against Portsmouth the following weekend.I would have Riise left back and i would start Kewell on the left wing no problem at all

Well done 5ive times on getting a ticket i officially hate you now :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

isourboydownyet

dont worry the real laoislad you can come with me to liverpool and watch it in angels

Gabriel_Hurl

I'll be watching it with the Toronto LFC supporters group

I'll have to listen to Tommy Smyth though

The Real Laoislad

My little sister is getting married next day which means i'll be down in Laois  for it so im gonna go to a mates house as i'll get no peace or god forbid still her thunder while celebrating Liverpool being crowned Champions of Europe
You'll Never Walk Alone.

dec

Congratulations to Chelsea on winning the Champions League 3rd place playoff.

corn02

Another example of how Scholes in his prime is alot better than Ronaldo in his prime, the occasion always gets the better of Ronaldo.

Syd

Quote from: corn02 on May 19, 2007, 05:52:08 PM
Another example of how Scholes in his prime is alot better than Ronaldo in his prime, the occasion always gets the better of Ronaldo.

Ronaldo is the same as the Portugese national team, play some lovely stuff but when hardy comes to hardy they shit in the nest.......

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: 5iveTimes on May 18, 2007, 07:55:24 PM
Quote from: corn02 on May 18, 2007, 03:49:43 PM

Actually got the ticket from a Car Dealer in the midlands (UK).
Laoislad you should have a word with your sister, imagine organising a wedding on the day of the CL Final and while you are at it ring Bertie and get him to put the election back by a week, not only do I not get to vote, but I`ll miss the results as well.
If you keep me updated on how the election is going I`ll get you a programme.

Actually any chance you would get me a programme? I would appreciate it
You'll Never Walk Alone.

GalwayBayBoy

Now that the warm-up is out of the way we can await the main event on Wednesday. ;D

A bit of music to get ready.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCYpwo5QgWc&mode=related&search=

oakleaf stateside

hope u dirty scousers get stuffed on wed night.by the way thats the 3rd place cup the scoousers won last yr
Dont Do It

Syd

Quote from: oakleaf stateside on May 20, 2007, 03:30:59 AM
hope u dirty scousers get stuffed on wed night.by the way thats the 3rd place cup the scoousers won last yr

::)  ::)  ::)

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: 5iveTimes on May 20, 2007, 10:14:20 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 19, 2007, 09:35:30 PM
Quote from: 5iveTimes on May 18, 2007, 07:55:24 PM
Quote from: corn02 on May 18, 2007, 03:49:43 PM

Actually got the ticket from a Car Dealer in the midlands (UK).
Laoislad you should have a word with your sister, imagine organising a wedding on the day of the CL Final and while you are at it ring Bertie and get him to put the election back by a week, not only do I not get to vote, but I`ll miss the results as well.
If you keep me updated on how the election is going I`ll get you a programme.

Actually any chance you would get me a programme? I would appreciate it

No bother Laoislad

Good man 5ive Times thanks
You'll Never Walk Alone.

GalwayBayBoy