The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

we can still catch arsenal and united,if we keep this up we could be out of sight by easter
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minder

3 pts closer to the title,another very professional display
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Square Ball

Quote from: SammyG on March 02, 2008, 01:45:01 PM
Quote from: stiffler on March 02, 2008, 01:43:27 PM
1 nil Jasskalinin OG :D

Top quality OG, dive for a ball that isn't going in and then head it back into your own net.  ;D

and to get that amount of spin on the ball!!!
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Midman

Great show from Babel today, more of the same would be fantastic. Mascherano does some serious work and his distribution seems to be improving. Not a great game and we looked shaky at setpieces but moving in the right direction

gawa316

Very impresed with Babel yesterday, lets hope he can reproduce that form for the rest of the season

gawa316

Sky Sports News understands Dubai International Capital (DIC) has made a £400million bid for Liverpool.

DIC, the private equity investment arm of the Dubai Government, has recently confirmed they are in talks with current Liverpool owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks.

However it is now understood that DIC has made a lucrative offer to the American duo and that they expect a response by the end of Tuesday.

EC Unique

I see on sky sports a deal of £400 million is on the table from DIC and may go through today!! :o  £25 million profit each for the yanks.. Nice one!!

AZOffaly

I doubt if their first offer will be accepted.

What do we know about DIC? I've heard they are much more long term in their vision, so I doubt there'll be a big war chest immediately.

Do they like Rafa? How will they finance the new stadium (really)?

gawa316

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 04, 2008, 11:16:13 AM
I doubt if their first offer will be accepted.

What do we know about DIC? I've heard they are much more long term in their vision, so I doubt there'll be a big war chest immediately.

Do they like Rafa? How will they finance the new stadium (really)?

Exactly, we don't know much about them at all. What are there plans etc etc?

At least the fella who is behind the bid is a Liverpool fan I suppose

Reds owners get Dubai ultimatum 

Gillett (left) and Hicks have become unpopular among Liverpool fans
Liverpool's owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks have 24 hours to accept an offer from Dubai International Capital to buy the club, BBC Sport understands.
Government-run Dubai investment fund DIC have been in talks to buy the Reds.

"I'm told the offer from DIC is £400m," said BBC Radio 5 Live football correspondent Jonathan Legard.

"Mindful of how they were passed over 12 months ago with a previous offer, DIC want an answer fast as I understand the situation."

He added: "That means George Gillett and Tom Hicks have, according to one source close to the talks, 24 hours to take this offer or leave it.

"DIC's frustration with Liverpool's owners has become abundantly clear."

DIC confirmed on Tuesday it had been in talks with American duo Hicks and Gillett about purchasing a stake in the Anfield club.

606: DEBATE
What do you make of the situation?

"It's no secret that we have been in discussions with the current owners," said DIC chief executive Sameer al-Ansari.

"It's not easy because (they) are in dreamland about valuations."

Al-Ansari later clarified that one of the club's owners "had come out of dreamland", without giving further details.

Texan billionaire Hicks said last month he was not planning to sell a stake in Liverpool, denying media speculation he was in talks with DIC over a sale.

He also revealed that Gillett could not sell his stake in the Premier League club without his approval.

However, both Hicks and Gillett have become increasingly unpopular among Reds fans, drawing criticism for their treatment of manager Rafael Benitez and their financial management of the club.

That has given fresh hope to DIC, who were considering buying Liverpool before the Americans joined forces to complete their own takeover in February 2007.

Hicks said in January he had talked to DIC "once" about a 10-15% stake, but DIC said the valuation was too high.

DIC are thought to want a controlling stake at Anfield, meaning they would need to convince Hicks to relinquish part of his 50% of the club as well as buying out Gillett.

Another obstacle is the refinancing package announced on 25 January that has loaded £105m of debt on to the club.

Of that, £60m is earmarked to kick-start the new stadium development at Stanley Park plus £45m for future player transfers and to meet the club's working capital needs.

DIC, which manages about £6.5bn of assets, is owned by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum, the ruler of Dubai.

Al-Ansari was the man behind the takeover bid a year ago and looked to have succeeded until then Liverpool owner David Moores suddenly opted to sell to the Americans.

"It took me two weeks to get over that," said al-Ansari, who is a Liverpool fan. "But it didn't dent my passion - I still go to every match when I'm here."

Silky

Fingers crossed! They can't be worse than the present crowd. AZ may have a point though. We need more info on their plans before jumping straight into bed with them. It could be out of the flying pan into the fire.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7276383.stm

AZOffaly

There was a good rundown on the 'Supporter Trust' idea in the Kop this week. It sounds noble but open to instability in fairness. That movement may die a death if the DIC bid is serious though.

Uladh

Couple of questions for you scouse heads -

why are liverpool not playing their CL second leg this week?

what exactly have the american owners done to incur your wrath? have they not bankrolled rafa sufficiently? why is everyone keen to welcome DIC?

gawa316

Quote from: Uladh on March 04, 2008, 12:01:29 PM

why are liverpool not playing their CL second leg this week?

Because Milan are playing Arsenal at the San Siro tonight

Uladh

Ah right.

are all the other second legs tonight and if so could liverpool's not have been played tomorrow night?

disclaimer - sorry, i've been out of touch for a few weeks!

Chrisowc

Quote from: Uladh on March 04, 2008, 12:01:29 PM
what exactly have the american owners done to incur your wrath? have they not bankrolled rafa sufficiently? why is everyone keen to welcome DIC?

No.  Too much to go into now, but a brief summary would be he was forced to sell to buy and the yanks still made a profit into the bargain, without having spent a single penny of their own money.  Nice work if you can get it.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!