Tyrone v Armagh

Started by ONeill, July 10, 2011, 07:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

20pts v Longford & 19pts today Donegal have some defense to hold Tyrone to 9 points.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

earflute

I lost my connection so sorry if anyone was depending on my updates. Well done to Tyrone. I hope you go on & do well. We showed well in parts but not consistent enough.

north down

Quote from: David McKeown on July 23, 2011, 08:40:57 PM
Quote from: under the bar on July 23, 2011, 08:38:33 PM
Six point win which could easily have been 16, such was the ease they cut through armagh defence and spurned half a dozen goal chances.

So Tyrone would need to drastically improve their finishing to beat the big teams?

Absolutely right but then I think many of the big teams would consider Tyrone to be one of the big teams.

omagh_gael

Just in the door. Great performance tonight but still need to improve our shooting. Ban hub from passing the 45 line.

Awesome display from Petey Harte, has followed up his Longford performance with an even better display tonight. It had everything, winning mountains of dirty ball round the middle, setting up and involved in at least 70% of scores and chipped in with 4 (I think) points himself. He can also really hold his own in the physical stakes and has wonderful vision, rarely looses possession. A real gem.

On any other night Joe mcMahon would have been MOTM. Such a reliable defender, has really safe hands and always uses the ball well. Plucked a sublime ball out of the sky in the second half that was worth the admission price alone.

Roll on the Rossies.

maddog

Deserved victory for Mickey Harte and his squad. I think they will get better again if getting past the rossies which they will be massive favourites to do. Harte, Colm Kavanagh, probably stood out for Tyrone most with the 2 mcguigans excellent in patches as well. For us McKeever, Stevie, Vernon emerged with credit. On reflection this stage was about as far as i expected us to get. As far as management changes go im sure there will be plenty of calls for a clear out.

Club Rossa

Great that you got your money's worth with McKeever's hit ;DIt wasn't a total disaster for you then!!
Peter Harte was fantastic tonight,best game in a Tyrone shirt.Joe McMahon had a great game too.We should have beaten them by another5-6 points but we won't get too greedy.

tyssam5

Quote from: David McKeown on July 23, 2011, 08:40:57 PM
Quote from: under the bar on July 23, 2011, 08:38:33 PM
Six point win which could easily have been 16, such was the ease they cut through armagh defence and spurned half a dozen goal chances.

So Tyrone would need to drastically improve their finishing to beat the big teams?

Yep the ingredients looked to be there but they weren't clinical, played in bits and pieces, need to get that ruthlessness back. Get back to never losing possession.

ziggysego

Just in the door from the match. Some game, Peter Harte had a brilliant game, never looked as good. Mark Donnelly wasn't far behind him. Future's bright, with these two lads.

Tyrone missed three sinners for goals and a lot of wides. This would need to be sorted out for Roscommon, but they are beginning to look like that can go the distance. Still a bit behind Kildare, Cork and Kerry, but Tyrone are the masters, once they get to Croke Park.

On a personal note, I was delighted to meet TYP before the game.
Testing Accessibility

Moortown Spuds

Whenever the highlight of your day is seeing someone knocked on their hole, your expectations and aspirations for the day must have been quite low. But its OK, satisfaction will be at the toenails of your next bottle-Enjoy!

Well done Tyrone, keep the foot on their throat! We won't win the all-ireland but the bragging rights are secured for another 12 months and going by today's display won't be at threat for the forseeable years to come!!

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Despite the at times erroneous passing and the spurred scoring chances, it was a fairly enjoyable game, with a great atmosphere. Big Joe is a mighty man.

Will be interested to see more of that incident tomorrow night where Tommy McGuigan appeared to get pummelled. Looked like a dirty enough one, someone said the radio ID'd McKeever. He was on the ground, got a dig anyway from what I seen. Surprisingly enough, McQuillan didn't seemed interested. But... willl just have to wait and see tomorrow whether there was anything to it. Matters little now.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 23, 2011, 09:20:26 PM
Just in the door. Great performance tonight but still need to improve our shooting. Ban hub from passing the 45 line.

Awesome display from Petey Harte, has followed up his Longford performance with an even better display tonight. It had everything, winning mountains of dirty ball round the middle, setting up and involved in at least 70% of scores and chipped in with 4 (I think) points himself. He can also really hold his own in the physical stakes and has wonderful vision, rarely looses possession. A real gem.

On any other night Joe mcMahon would have been MOTM. Such a reliable defender, has really safe hands and always uses the ball well. Plucked a sublime ball out of the sky in the second half that was worth the admission price alone.
Roll on the Rossies.

That catch from McMahon got some roar from the stand. Celebrated like it was a goal! As everyone said McMahon was superb, Peter Harte worked his b**ls off. I thought Mark Donnelly played very well too when he came into the half forward zones.

Besides those, Sean O'Neill had an excellent game, and I thought that outside McMahon, Marty Swift was the stand out performer. Was disapointed - in a way- with Jamie Clarke. He'd nothing to offer!

Tyrone missed some serious goal chances, when you consider Sean O'Neill's drive wide in the first half, McGuigan (I think it was) hitting the post in the first half, Hub's miss and I think there were a couple of other big chances in the second half.

Onwards and upwards...

Did anyone see the wee fella doing what can only be described as a mix between the shuffle and an Irish dance in front of the stand at half time? F**k that boy could move!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Gaffer

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on July 23, 2011, 10:14:54 PM
Despite the at times erroneous passing and the spurred scoring chances, it was a fairly enjoyable game, with a great atmosphere. Big Joe is a mighty man.

Will be interested to see more of that incident tomorrow night where Tommy McGuigan appeared to get pummelled. Looked like a dirty enough one, someone said the radio ID'd McKeever. He was on the ground, got a dig anyway from what I seen. Surprisingly enough, McQuillan didn't seemed interested. But... willl just have to wait and see tomorrow whether there was anything to it. Matters little now.

Saw it. A sneaky punch in the gut, Both referee and linesman were  facing away from it,
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

omagh_gael

Sandwiches it definitely wasn't McKeever who floored Tommy it was the No 4 (Finn mo or Mallon?). Had a clear view of it, tommy took a punch to the stomach. Also the ref was Marty Duffy not Joe McQuillan.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 23, 2011, 10:41:19 PM
Sandwiches it definitely wasn't McKeever who floored Tommy it was the No 4 (Finn mo or Mallon?). Had a clear view of it, tommy took a punch to the stomach. Also the ref was Marty Duffy not Joe McQuillan.

McQuillan was on the line Omagh Gael. He was made sure Ricey got his yellow for leaning his head into McDonnell though, who was doing exactly the same back. He seemed disinterested in that little fracas though.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Fuzzman

Great to beat the Orangemen but I can't believe we scored 2.13. With 28 mins on the clock we had managed 3 points. Armagh were dominating at midfield and our forward line were dreadful. How many times did we kick it short into the keeper's hands?

Then Hearty remembered he had money on us and the whole game changed.
I thought 1st 30 mins Armagh looked strong all over and their trademark diagonal ball in was causing havoc.
I thought Swift had a great game as did Joey of course and Harte.
Colm played well too I thought but again I was disappointed with our full forward line. Donnelly was good in 2nd half and Penrose looked lively and showed much better than Tommy and Coney. Maybe I'm being harsh but I thought both are poor at making good runs or losing their men. Still we've scored a lot the last two games and missed a fortune tonight. We seemed intent on not taking shots from up the middle and instead working it out to the corners.
All in all happy with our 2nd half and our defence tightened up big time and we won more breaking ball at midfield.
Have we ever met the Rossies before?