Dublin V Donegal 6th Aug 6pm Sky

Started by The Aristocrat, August 01, 2016, 09:04:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: Jinxy on August 09, 2016, 02:12:49 PM
Michael Murphy should take a long break, sit out the league next year, and get himself right.
I'd hate to see him have to retire before he's even 30.

Not playing like a brat in every game would be nice too. He leaves his calling card everywhere these days except on the scoreboard

Jinxy

Maybe some of that is down to his frustration that he's physically struggling.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

omaghjoe

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 09, 2016, 08:59:45 AM
Quote from: heffo on August 09, 2016, 08:19:27 AM
Quote from: J70 on August 09, 2016, 12:49:56 AM
Eamon McGee following Colm McFadden in announcing retirement. Can't imagine he'll be last of them.

12 years (minus one or two drinking exiles  ;D) for McGee, 14 for McFadden.

They'll be hard to replace.

Two great players who I won't be sorry to see the back of (for the right reasons)

McFadden was a very special player. If his powerful shot in the 2011 semi final had been an inch lower rather than smashing off the crossbar history might have been very different.

Hard to believe there hasnt been more said about him. Fantastic classy player who was the lone shining star for Donegal for a long time, glad he got his just rewards the past few year with Ulsters and AIs.

trileacman

Quote from: INDIANA on August 10, 2016, 07:52:27 PM
Michael Murphy should take a long break, sit out the league next year, and get himself right.

Not playing like a brat in every game would be nice too. He leaves his calling card everywhere these days except on the scoreboard

You're an awful spite filled ****.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

INDIANA

Quote from: trileacman on August 10, 2016, 10:35:35 PM

its the truth he gets booked in every game he plays and he gets away with it due to reputation.

moysider

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 09, 2016, 02:09:03 PM
Does Donegal fans expect there to be any more retirements or will they wait til the new year.
I'd expect Lacey(31) and Thompson(30) to go. McGlynn is 30 too I see but he'll probably stay on will he?
They've put a lot of effort in the last 5 or 6 years.
I can see the two McMahons retiring but not sure about Sean Cavanagh.

Lacey a shadow of the player he was but 31 is young. Prime really unless injuries have taken a heavy toll and it looks like they have. Great player. Thompson and McGLynn are still in good order. Gallagher was a huge player and his absence this year was missed. Kavanagh has retired once already and Toye has probably squeezed the most out of it as well.

Murphy could do with some heavy lifters to replace Gallagher and Kavanagh in the middle third. He's been trying to do so many roles for so long now. He actually looked weary games I saw him this year.

aontroim abu

Quote from: INDIANA on August 10, 2016, 11:12:15 PM

its the truth he gets booked in every game he plays and he gets away with it due to reputation.

+++++1

imtommygunn

It's the truth but Donaghy and to a lesser extent cillian o'Connor are the same. Murphy and Donaghy are a bit more cynical and could do some damage as they have done this year with digs. O'Connor just fouls repeatedly.

Fuzzman

You seem very positive today aontroim abu.

Main Street

Murphy was top scorer on the day, he's a class act despite his  punching prowess.

J70

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 10, 2016, 09:04:10 PM
Eamon McGee following Colm McFadden in announcing retirement. Can't imagine he'll be last of them.

Two great players who I won't be sorry to see the back of (for the right reasons)

McFadden was a very special player. If his powerful shot in the 2011 semi final had been an inch lower rather than smashing off the crossbar history might have been very different.

Hard to believe there hasnt been more said about him. Fantastic classy player who was the lone shining star for Donegal for a long time, glad he got his just rewards the past few year with Ulsters and AIs.

His 2012 performances are among the best I've ever seen from any forward ever. Most other years he would have been a shoo-in for POTY. It is a testament to Lacey's astonishing ability and performances that year that McFadden didn't win it.

2011 and 2015 in addition, however, he otherwise blue hot and cold. Unplayable some days, and either not arsed or just off form shooting wise on others.

omaghjoe

Quote from: J70 on August 12, 2016, 04:03:00 AM

His 2012 performances are among the best I've ever seen from any forward ever. Most other years he would have been a shoo-in for POTY. It is a testament to Lacey's astonishing ability and performances that year that McFadden didn't win it.

2011 and 2015 in addition, however, he otherwise blue hot and cold. Unplayable some days, and either not arsed or just off form shooting wise on others.

The hoor was always hot agin us any road

seafoid

I love the quote from the Follower > "they will be remembered by their people"

aontroim abu

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 11, 2016, 04:40:50 PM
You seem very positive today aontroim abu.

I try to be positive every day Fuzz

Hound

What Lacey did that year was very good, but what McFadden did was more difficult and more important in my view. I certainly would have voted for McFadden as player of the year