Started by Barney, June 06, 2010, 09:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you like to see as Mayo Manager in 2010

James Horan
Tommy Lyons
Anthony McGarry
John Maughan

StoneWall

There is a county board meeting tomorrow night with only one item on the agenda...

Appointment of Mayo Senior Team manager

I guess we'll have white smoke sometime tomorrow night. I'm sure there will be a few leaks before then as to who they are putting forward for ratification.

Barney

QuoteThere is a county board meeting tomorrow night with only one item on the agenda...

Appointment of Mayo Senior Team manager

I guess we'll have white smoke sometime tomorrow night. I'm sure there will be a few leaks before then as to who they are putting forward for ratification

Shock and awe tactics. After a 3 month process they hold the meeting within a day of the suggestion being made. Clubs do not have time to digest the implications and will rubber stamp Tommy Lyons I guess.

If they don't - well then this whole thing will just get a lot more interesting.....

AbbeySider

Quote from: kevmy on September 28, 2010, 10:50:36 AM
Also an interesting piece in the Indo today
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/horan-gaining-mayo-support-2355188.html

Its very interesting that the article is linking James Nallen to James Horans management team.

If true, its a very strong team already. Nallen would be a great influence in any backroom team as his experience is immense.

I guess it will be all down to the delegates and im hoping that if there is any justice and honesty left in Mayo football; delegates wont be bullied or strong armed into voting the way some prominent members of the county board tell them to vote, and they will vote for what is best for Mayo football - not whats the cheapest.

Cosmo Kramer

Being reported all over the media now that the decision will be announced tomorrow night.

I guess the CB feel they have to get their man into the job before the unwanted Horan public bandwagon gains any more legs... :(
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

RedandGreenSniper

Lar I could cry reading your post. I really could. The County Board have to have an appointment ratified by the delegates. End of. What they are doing is manipulating the indifference to their own needs. The machinations of the past few weeks would really make you wonder how many people at board level have the best interests of Mayo GAA at heart. Would people laugh if I said it was a Fine Gael conspiracy? Possibly. But there's enough evidence to lead you in that direction.

And hoping that those who shout stop are too few to make any difference. Well I detect there may be more shouting stop than the board planned for. That would be a great thing. As I said it is a pivotal week in Mayo football. Tommy Lyons is a spoofer who won't even go to the bother of trying to source his own selectors in the county. God knows who the county board would pick. The Chairman seems to think that appointing Tommy Lyons will be a legacy appointment for him, that it will help him be remembered. He's right. He'll be remembered. But not for the reasons he would hope for.

I'm just hoping that Ballintubber's success may have raised James Horan's chances. It will be an interesting meeting tomorrow night. We'll see who's who.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

rrhf

RedandGreenSniper

Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

ballinaman

Quote from: rrhf on September 28, 2010, 01:59:34 PM
Have Fine Gael infiltrated the Mayo county board ????
Sure what colour are the seats in McHale park?........

rrhf

I mean to sum up some points in this thread O Mahony getting the job was a fine gael coup, and building the stand was iffy, and now the new manager is promoted by the blueshirts?? Do Mayo people everything is a long term conspiracy against them???

muppet

Quote from: rrhf on September 28, 2010, 02:08:33 PM
Do Mayo people everything is a long term conspiracy against them???

Mayo people everything all of the time!
MWWSI 2017

Barney

This may be a legacy appointment for the Chairman to add to a growing list of what he is going to leave behind from his time in charge:

* the shafting of Mickey Moran.

* the appointment of a Fine Gael General Election Candidate as Manager.

* the overseeing of the development of McHale Park with its design flaws, planning problems and financial noose around the neck of our clubs.

* the non-commitment on the position of the County at Congress on the opening up of Croke Park.

* and of course pledging the support of Mayo GAA to Padraig Nally when he was imprisoned.

Anything left out?

AbbeySider

Quote from: Barney on September 28, 2010, 02:33:46 PM
This may be a legacy appointment for the Chairman to add to a growing list of what he is going to leave behind from his time in charge:

* the shafting of Mickey Moran.

* the appointment of a Fine Gael General Election Candidate as Manager.

* the overseeing of the development of McHale Park with its design flaws, planning problems and financial noose around the neck of our clubs.

* the non-commitment on the position of the County at Congress on the opening up of Croke Park.

* and of course pledging the support of Mayo GAA to Padraig Nally when he was imprisoned.

Anything left out?

* selling the soul of the county by wheeling in and promoting a county managerial candidate based on the fact that he will cost them next to nothing.

mannix

if 15 or 20 clubs said no to tommy lyons as manager would that stop his ratification?

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me