Hypocritical Dubs

Started by Dave like the tv channel, July 04, 2017, 08:04:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Are people saying if Dublin built a new 50K stadium in Dublin that playing in Croker would no longer feel like a home game for them?

What do people understand as being the advantages to being the home team?
Have many of here actually stood on Hill 16 when the Dubs have a big game in Croker?
Are you aware they sing Hill16 is Dublin ONLY?

If it was agreed this year that the All Ireland final between Dublin and Kerry would be played in Killarney do you think Dublin would be as confident of winning?
How about if they moved it to the new Cork stadium next year as a trial?

dublin7

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 04, 2017, 09:58:10 AM
Quote from: TheGreatest on July 04, 2017, 09:32:54 AM
Quote from: Beantown on July 04, 2017, 09:27:41 AM
Croke Park will only become neutral when Dublin build a new stadium, as has been rumoured for a while now.  This hurling match could be played in Phoenix Park for all anyone cares.  Tipp will win either way.  I understand that if the rules say it should be a neutral venue, then so be it but surely common sense,  (yeah I know, common sense on the GAA is up there along with magic beans and earth being flat!!) should dictate a double header and  a big crowd in Thurles.  Maybe the Dubin players are happy gong down to Thurles for a double header, why not test yourself against the best in their back yard.  All of Leinster does it for the football most days.

I agree mate, no problem with the Venue myself.

My problem is with clowns who start up stupid threads.

Ger Cunningham (the Dublin hurling manager for you all you Nordies) is from Cork , he's not a Dub, and he's not happy about it.

The highly paid Ger Cunningham is hardly going to disagree with his employers.

It's common knowledge Dublin don't "pay" their managers. Before Anthony Daly got the job they approached Nicky English as he works in Dublin but they couldn't afford his "expenses". To be fair he did recommend Anthony Daly so that worked out in the end.

The majority of Dublin hurling fans don't follow the footballers and the Dublin hurlers play the majority of their home games in Parnell Park. If Kilkenny drew Tipp it wouldn't have been played in Thurles.

AZOffaly

It might have you know. The GAA are big on Double headers in the hurling at this stage. I think it's great.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: dublin7 on July 04, 2017, 10:46:26 AM
Croke Park will only become neutral when Dublin build a new stadium, as has been rumoured for a while now.  This hurling match could be played in Phoenix Park for all anyone cares.  Tipp will win either way.  I understand that if the rules say it should be a neutral venue, then so be it but surely common sense,  (yeah I know, common sense on the GAA is up there along with magic beans and earth being flat!!) should dictate a double header and  a big crowd in Thurles.  Maybe the Dubin players are happy gong down to Thurles for a double header, why not test yourself against the best in their back yard.  All of Leinster does it for the football most days.

Ger Cunningham (the Dublin hurling manager for you all you Nordies) is from Cork , he's not a Dub, and he's not happy about it.

It's common knowledge Dublin don't "pay" their managers. Before Anthony Daly got the job they approached Nicky English as he works in Dublin but they couldn't afford his "expenses". To be fair he did recommend Anthony Daly so that worked out in the end.

The majority of Dublin hurling fans don't follow the footballers and the Dublin hurlers play the majority of their home games in Parnell Park. If Kilkenny drew Tipp it wouldn't have been played in Thurles.

Ha! Nicky English, Anthony Daly, Ger Cunningham, some of the highest profile names in hurling and we're expected to believe they will manage Dublin for expenses and their love of Dublin hurling.

This is turning into my favourite thread.

#newbridgeornowhere

dublin7

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 04, 2017, 10:45:12 AM
Are people saying if Dublin built a new 50K stadium in Dublin that playing in Croker would no longer feel like a home game for them?

Have many of here actually stood on Hill 16 when the Dubs have a big game in Croker?

If it was agreed this year that the All Ireland final between Dublin and Kerry would be played in Killarney do you think Dublin would be as confident of winning?

There wouldn't be a problem playing qtr finals/semi finals/all irelands in Cork/Killarney or anywhere else if that's what was agreed at the start of the season. The problem the dubs have is these games where meant to be at nuetral venues and suddenly GAA decide to change the rules to make a couple of €€€

mup

So Cunningham is getting magic beans is it?

:o

Hardy

Seems it won't be ready that soon.

Taylor

Quote from: dublin7 on July 04, 2017, 10:53:11 AM

There wouldn't be a problem playing qtr finals/semi finals/all irelands in Cork/Killarney or anywhere else if that's what was agreed at the start of the season. The problem the dubs have is these games where meant to be at nuetral venues and suddenly GAA decide to change the rules to make a couple of €€€

And Dublin footballers play almost all of their home games at CP because.............?

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: TheGreatest on July 04, 2017, 08:38:07 AM
The fascination with all things Dublin continues. Another thread on Dublin, perhaps it would be better to start up a Dublin thread in January every year, and just post your bias and hatred there.

2 separate sports, different teams and generally different supporters, the qualifiers are meant to be neutral venue as highlighted in the bi-laws, for example Tipp played Offaly in Portlaiose in 2014. If the Dublin footballers went through the qualifier route more often then you might see more neutral venue otherwise the games get fixed home and away.

The GAA make the fixtures, not Dublin.

Croke Park in meant to be neutral.

Grow up.

You're right, it is meant to be neutral.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

clonadmad

Tipp played KK in a qualifier in 2013 in Nowlan and there wasn't an issue and KK wouldn't have an issue with playing Tipp in Thurles,then again that's an elite counties mentality

Rossfan

I thought all hurlers love to play in Thurles ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

AZOffaly

Quote from: Rossfan on July 04, 2017, 12:45:24 PM
I thought all hurlers love to play in Thurles ;D

They do. But it's hard to blame the Dublin Co. Board for standing up for themselves. It might be the difference between winning and losing this game.

clonadmad

Powers have a 9 point spread  on this game,if you think home advantage is worth 9 points to Tipp,I run down your local branch there now AZ

AZOffaly

Quote from: clonadmad on July 04, 2017, 01:13:20 PM
Powers have a 9 point spread  on this game,if you think home advantage is worth 9 points to Tipp,I run down your local branch there now AZ

Based on what I saw last Saturday, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Dublin put it right up to them.

Of course if Tipp suddenly find their groove, then it's irrelevant.