Hypocritical Dubs

Started by Dave like the tv channel, July 04, 2017, 08:04:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PW Nally

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 04, 2017, 01:21:13 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on July 04, 2017, 01:13:20 PM
Powers have a 9 point spread  on this game,if you think home advantage is worth 9 points to Tipp,I run down your local branch there now AZ

Based on what I saw last Saturday, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Dublin put it right up to them.

Of course if Tipp suddenly find their groove, then it's irrelevant.
Any other result for that game you want to predict :P

Rossfan

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 04, 2017, 12:49:44 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 04, 2017, 12:45:24 PM
I thought all hurlers love to play in Thurles ;D

They do. But it's hard to blame the Dublin Co. Board for standing up for themselves. It might be the difference between winning and losing this game.
Fair enough byt4 Dublin Co Board are  of course total hypocrites here.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

AZOffaly

Splinters in my arse :) It's hard though. Tipp are obviously a better team than they've shown. Dublin are middle of the road. They are better than Westmeath. If Tipp are the Tipp we watched last weekend, then Dublin are the winners. If Tipp find a bit of form, they'll put Dublin to the sword.

Prediction? Tipperary to blow out the dirty diesel, and win by 11 points.

Declan

Tipp will hammer the Dubs unless this man makes a difference

armaghniac

Crass hypocrites, they probably take lessons from the DUP.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

AZOffaly

Quote from: Declan on July 04, 2017, 01:37:06 PM

Who is he? Varadker's partner?

Lar Naparka

I've nothing personal against the Dubs; Jim Gavin seem a very good manager to e and he and the County Board are merely trying to maximize their advantages over every other team in the land. Wouldn't any other county do the same if they were given the chance?

The population of Dublin is increasing rapidly, whereas rural depopulation is a fact of life in many other counties. Tough tity as far as everyone else is concerned unless and until some hard decisions are taken..
What pisse me off bigtime is the cute hoorism of a large number of Dublin supporters; Kerry could sit back and takes lessons from them.
I mean you'll hear that Dublin' superiority in every imaginable way can be put down to the hard work of their volunteer coaches.
Who's codding who?
Every county has its volunteers and I am certain that a far higher percentage of the local community muck in to support their local club than you'll find in Dublin.
Another porky:It's just that Dublin have an exceptional bunch of talented players and when they are gone, they're gone, never to return, or something like that. What about Fenton, Small, McCarthy etc. etc.
Where are they coming from?
Look, the list is a long one but facts are facts no matter what spin is put on them.
According to Simon Coveney 40% of the population and 50% of the resources are located in the greater Dublin area and those figures are increasing rapidly.
By 2030, Dublin will have 50% of the population according to Coveney and no amount of BS can explain away the fact that it is a case of Goliath against David every time they play an intercounty game.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

The Dubs are fine when you're not talking football. Then they turn into Branch Dividians and hold the party line better than a Sinner or DUP lad. It's pathetic, to be honest.

clonadmad

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 04, 2017, 01:39:20 PM
Quote from: Declan on July 04, 2017, 01:37:06 PM

Who is he? Varadker's partner?

Toe facing out,young Trudeau

AZOffaly

Buttofthehill

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 04, 2017, 02:00:37 PM
I've nothing personal against the Dubs; Jim Gavin seem a very good manager to e and he and the County Board are merely trying to maximize their advantages over every other team in the land. Wouldn't any other county do the same if they were given the chance?

The population of Dublin is increasing rapidly, whereas rural depopulation is a fact of life in many other counties. Tough tity as far as everyone else is concerned unless and until some hard decisions are taken..
What pisse me off bigtime is the cute hoorism of a large number of Dublin supporters; Kerry could sit back and takes lessons from them.
I mean you'll hear that Dublin' superiority in every imaginable way can be put down to the hard work of their volunteer coaches.
Who's codding who?
Every county has its volunteers and I am certain that a far higher percentage of the local community muck in to support their local club than you'll find in Dublin.
Another porky:It's just that Dublin have an exceptional bunch of talented players and when they are gone, they're gone, never to return, or something like that. What about Fenton, Small, McCarthy etc. etc.
Where are they coming from?
Look, the list is a long one but facts are facts no matter what spin is put on them.
According to Simon Coveney 40% of the population and 50% of the resources are located in the greater Dublin area and those figures are increasing rapidly.
By 2030, Dublin will have 50% of the population according to Coveney and no amount of BS can explain away the fact that it is a case of Goliath against David every time they play an intercounty game.

Leave aside coaches / money, what is your solution to the population issue.
Split Dublin into what 4? Are you in favour of amalgamation of lesser populated counties so and kiss goodbye to the county structure altogether? Speaking broadly of course, but if you're using population as your guide, you can't have one without the other.

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: Syferus on July 04, 2017, 02:05:31 PM
The Dubs are fine when you're not talking football. Then they turn into Branch Dividians and hold the party line better than a Sinner or DUP lad. It's pathetic, to be honest.

Was on a train t'other day and mentioned something about hot weather to a pair of Dubs....just chatting. It wasn't long before one of the trogoldytes in his native-orc proclaimed "duublinnnn" to be the "best gah team in da cuntry".

This was after discussing the ins & outs of the Offaly-Tipp game in Thurles that day (it was Cork/Waterford) and trying to figure out who won the hurling All Ireland the previous year.

Pair of meatheads, the two of them. Of course they knew it all when it came to football.

Dublin - the "product" - has been created by Croke Park. All the talk about the volunteers and the "plan". At this stage, given the glorious realisation of said plan, that it was probably created in the boardrooms of CP and handed on a silver platter to the Dublin CB. The wealthiest, most populous county in the country and they need €1.5m per year for (now) 13 years?

It's Animal Farm.

Whatever goes upon two legs is a enemy v Once the pigs start walking on two legs, two legs become better then four.

Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend v The pigs end up thinking any animal who walks on four legs or has wings in inferior.

No animal shall wear clothes v The pigs all end up wearing clothes.

No animal shall sleep in a bed v "No animal shall sleep in a bed with sheets"
(think: CP opened for soccer & rugby yet Dromard GAA club fined 2k for allowing soccer on their grounds.

No animal shall drink alcohol v "No animal shall drink alcohol to excess"

No animal shall kill any other animal v "No animal shall kill any other animal without cause"

All animals are equal v "All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others"

Was the GAA created so that the most populous county would be receive such an unfair financial allocation, as to warrant them nearly unbeatable?

didlyi

Ask any Waterford hurling fan where they would prefer to play Tipp after last year Munster Final in Limerick. The answer would probably be thurles. If the Dubs kick up enough of a Fuss then maybe a draw for a home game would suffice.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Dave like the tv channel on July 04, 2017, 09:26:18 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 04, 2017, 02:05:31 PM

Was on a train t'other day and mentioned something about hot weather to a pair of Dubs....just chatting. It wasn't long before one of the trogoldytes in his native-orc proclaimed "duublinnnn" to be the "best gah team in da cuntry".

This was after discussing the ins & outs of the Offaly-Tipp game in Thurles that day (it was Cork/Waterford) and trying to figure out who won the hurling All Ireland the previous year.

Pair of meatheads, the two of them. Of course they knew it all when it came to football.

Dublin - the "product" - has been created by Croke Park. All the talk about the volunteers and the "plan". At this stage, given the glorious realisation of said plan, that it was probably created in the boardrooms of CP and handed on a silver platter to the Dublin CB. The wealthiest, most populous county in the country and they need €1.5m per year for (now) 13 years?

It's Animal Farm.

Whatever goes upon two legs is a enemy v Once the pigs start walking on two legs, two legs become better then four.

Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend v The pigs end up thinking any animal who walks on four legs or has wings in inferior.

No animal shall wear clothes v The pigs all end up wearing clothes.

No animal shall sleep in a bed v "No animal shall sleep in a bed with sheets"
(think: CP opened for soccer & rugby yet Dromard GAA club fined 2k for allowing soccer on their grounds.

No animal shall drink alcohol v "No animal shall drink alcohol to excess"

No animal shall kill any other animal v "No animal shall kill any other animal without cause"

All animals are equal v "All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others"

Was the GAA created so that the most populous county would be receive such an unfair financial allocation, as to warrant them nearly unbeatable?

Watching Gaelic football must be a living hell for you since the return of the Dubs in 2011. Just relax, sit back and enjoy the spectacle.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8