Louth Exile

Quote from: hardstation on July 13, 2010, 10:59:36 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 13, 2010, 10:54:39 PM
Quote from: hardstation on July 13, 2010, 09:02:52 PM
Funny reading through....

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 11, 2010, 02:59:45 PM
Awful decison, never a free against Crawford and he gets a yellow card  :o

Quote from: DuffleKing on July 11, 2010, 03:04:46 PM
Sludden is a blight on the GAA. Tyrone should be ashamed to be nominating him as an intercounty referee.
He's doing his absolute best for Louth

Quote from: joemamas on July 11, 2010, 03:17:00 PM
i am no major meath fan, but the ref is giving them a royal you know what

Then..........boom!

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 11, 2010, 03:33:27 PM
That was never a legal goal surely. Sheridan threw it into the net.

Might be funny reading surely, but the thing is, Meath had time on their side to get back on terms. Louth didn't.
I don't buy into that at all.

We know that you don't, but believe it or not, there were calls that also went against Louth in the course of the game  :o
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

From the Bunker

Quote from: hardstation on July 13, 2010, 11:01:01 PM
I also think that the Meath County Board are correct in their decision.

Agreed, but should have done it yesterday. Referee report only leaves them open to shite.

johnpower

best of luck to all teams next weekend in both the North and the West and the qualifiers I hope we have no more drama like last weekend and indeed the rest of the summer . I am amazed that some people I have talked to in the past number of days who are not regular Gaa followers are under the impression that if the matter was raised on the Sunday game the GAA would be swayed by public opinion

pkerin

So Louth have a copy of the same report right. Lets see what Louth will do now that Meath just told the world they have no prob. cheating. I would sure like to see the report myself. Any refs out there want to comment. Just how much detail would a ref. put in a report. I dont think they describe every bloody play do they?

Archie Mitchell

It wasn't cheating though. He went to kick it into the net and missed and he was already over the line anyway. Its not their fault the referee made a massive mistake, which he has admitted, and then opened a can of worms by saying he blew for a penalty, then decided to give the goal.

moysider

Well, that would appear to be that. Surprised that Meath decided to decline a replay. Not that a replay would have solved everything either. But this course of action makes them look a bit greedy. If they want to hold on to it that badly good luck to them. I doubt this will do either county any good going forward. Meath may use negative public opinion to spur them on but I would fear for Louth for the foreseeable future - even the life of this team. There has been silly talk about how they should concentrate on the qualifiers, get the head down and how this will galvanise them. Utter nonsense. They re as well to opt out now. Anybody who has been in a similar situation will know that it is impossible for a team to recover after a fillleting like that. Those Louth players will be plagued by that for the rest of their lives. It s a real tragedy for them.

Farrandeelin

Is it just me or is there anyone else out there think he (J.S) only made a half-hearted attempt to kick the ball when the ball was gone from him?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

pkerin

I am not buying this penanty crap that just came out tonight. And Meath know they should not have won the game. They were asked by the "country" to do the right thing. And what did they do. Ran for the hills with their medals. Cheaters all of them..........

meathie

please god let that be an end to it. Didnt care either way but decision is now made. wish people would make up their minds of what is good or bad. people all day saying Meath should not be placed in the position they were and now stating that they hope we get what we deserve.. ::) the point of all of this is that the GAA could not be ar**ed in doing the right thing themselves and actually taking the blame and making it right. wht the hell are Meath suddenly given the right to overrule all GAA heads and make this decision and be the scapegoats for weak authorities. Im glad they didnt agree. not for the sake of Louth fans who I know and agree are robbed etc but for the sake of GAA everywhere maybe they'll get off their high horses and do something themselves. By the way, I KNOW what happened on Sunday but neither will Meath celebrate this final. complete shambles. how people can say how Meath people can live with it, tarnished, etc etc, we BLODDY KNOW it is. Its crap for us too. Might as well be no title awarded.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on July 13, 2010, 11:08:52 PM
It wasn't cheating though. He went to kick it into the net and missed and he was already over the line anyway. Its not their fault the referee made a massive mistake, which he has admitted, and then opened a can of worms by saying he blew for a penalty, then decided to give the goal.

ok, it was not cheating trying to score a goal, but what do you make of the players actions going up to the referee and Umpire and trying to influence their decison when you know you scored illegally. Is that one you would also file to a split moment decision?

muppet

Meath CB only got to make the decision based on an incorrect decision, which has been conceded by all parties, otherwise it would have been the Louth CB who got to make the decision.

This is a bit like asking OJ Simpson to volunteer for another murder trial.
MWWSI 2017

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 13, 2010, 11:11:38 PM
Is it just me or is there anyone else out there think he (J.S) only made a half-hearted attempt to kick the ball when the ball was gone from him?

That thought did occur to me.

muppet

Quote from: hardstation on July 13, 2010, 11:17:16 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 13, 2010, 11:15:09 PM

Meath CB only got to make the decision based on an incorrect decision, which has been conceded by all parties, otherwise it would have been the Louth CB who got to make the decision.

Nonsense.

So explain to me how did Meath come to be the ones making the decision?
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: hardstation on July 13, 2010, 11:19:20 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 13, 2010, 11:18:10 PM
Quote from: hardstation on July 13, 2010, 11:17:16 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 13, 2010, 11:15:09 PM

Nonsense.

So explain to me how did Meath come to be the ones making the decision?
Whether you like it or not, they won the match and are Leinster champions.

My liking it is irrelevant, I am asking you how did they come to be the ones making the decision?

Was it or wasn't it based on a universally accepted error?
MWWSI 2017

From the Bunker

Quote from: moysider on July 13, 2010, 11:10:56 PM
Well, that would appear to be that. Surprised that Meath decided to decline a replay. Not that a replay would have solved everything either. But this course of action makes them look a bit greedy. If they want to hold on to it that badly good luck to them. I doubt this will do either county any good going forward. Meath may use negative public opinion to spur them on but I would fear for Louth for the foreseeable future - even the life of this team. There has been silly talk about how they should concentrate on the qualifiers, get the head down and how this will galvanise them. Utter nonsense. They re as well to opt out now. Anybody who has been in a similar situation will know that it is impossible for a team to recover after a fillleting like that. Those Louth players will be plagued by that for the rest of their lives. It s a real tragedy for them.

Moysider you would know you were from Mayo. Your comments towards Louth future prospects smacks of the negativity that Mayo folk year in year out heap on their county team.