Battle of the Boyne - Meath Vs Louth - Leinster Final 11/7/2010

Started by thejuice, June 29, 2010, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

You're a bigger clown than I'd given you credit for and that's quite a feat, I can assure you.

INDIANA

Quote from: Hardy on July 12, 2010, 08:33:05 PM
You're a bigger clown than I'd given you credit for and that's quite a feat, I can assure you.

Thats all you have these days Hardy . Insults. The last doyen of someone who's lost the argument.
Again.

Hardy

We're not having an argument. You're spouting nonsense. For instance, your last sentence isn't any form of English I understand. Do you actually know what a doyen is?

Elias

Quote from: Louth Exile on July 12, 2010, 07:29:22 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 12, 2010, 04:17:43 PM
I hope the Louth co board have issued an unreserved apology to Sludden, and the GAA for those scenes and accept that there was absolutely no justification for those attempts at mindless thuggery.

I don't see how it is responsibility of the Louth County Board to apologies for the mindless actions of individuals who were not there representing our county! The county board should (and has) aided with the identifying of these individuals and bringing them to appropriate justice. As I posted earlier, an ex player was in contact with the man who struck Mark Ward to identitfy himself to the Gardai and he has done so.

Sludden should apologies to the Louth players and management who had this massive achievement stripped away from them due to his incompetence/arrogance/malevolence/panic. Nobody but he can answer why he did what he did!

Who exactly were they representing then? Meath?

Jinxy

Quote from: INDIANA on July 12, 2010, 07:13:18 PM
Quote from: Hardy on July 12, 2010, 03:39:41 PM
Sligonian, I have as much respect for your opinion as I have for the squealing of a stuck pig. You are one of those who seem to think it's excusable for people to attack a referee after a football match. On that account, I have zero time or respect for you.

Nice deflection. What is embarrassing for me is the sheer lack of good grace from some of the Meath fans I've spoken to. They say Kerrymen are the cutest hoors out there, well some meath men aren't far off it. Even last night there was nothing said about the refereeing shambles that exists in the GAA. We have officials standing at each goal who have no basic knowledge of the rules. We may as well go to Dublin Zoo and hire a couple of chimpanzees for the day to do umpire because they have no powers and are as blind as Stevie Wonder with a bag over his head.
I've already said the louth muppets should get  a lifetime ban. You can't lay a hand on a ref anywhere. Even if a team were metaphorically takiing it up the ass for 60 mins you cannot lay a finger on a ref.Those idiots probably have no connection with any Gaa club and are an example of the sort of muppets who get access to tickets through Knackermaster. I see enough of these tulips on the Hill and they constantly bring shame on all the decent GAA fans out there. The simple solution to pitch invasions is to do with the Aussies do. Anyone caught tresspassing on the field of play in Australia gets a 5k fine. That would soften the cough of those clowns yesterday. They'd probably ask the social welfare to pay it for them. Probably 3 and a half braincells between the lot of them.

However the GAA are using the aftermath to deflect away from the refereeing shambles that exists in the GAA and focus on the aftermath instead of alloting some level of time to how in Gods creation that goal was ever allowed to stand. Where is the quality control in refereeing circles?

Sheridan has proven himself to be  a prize pratt in the aftermath. Seems like an individual who likes the limelight. Should be doing PR for the Iraqi Regime such is his resonance with Comical Ali. I don't blame him in claiming it was a goal at the time. But in the aftermath can he not keep his mouth shut? What happened to honesty , dececy and a bit of respect for the opposition. Or is that another pre- Celtic Tiger custom? Trying to still claim it was a goal is embarrassing for him and Meath football in general. Jaysus I'd  be sick to the pit of my stomach if a Dublin player was at the same thing.

Meath have to offer a replay I'd be appalled if they don't. A replay they will win in my view. Far nicer to be drinking out of the Delaney Cup after winning fair and square.

Jesus would you stop.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Square Ball

Question, and I am in no way trying to deflect from what went on

was there a reply of the goal shown directly after it? did the replay of the goal inflame the situation?

surely in contentious decisions a reply shouldn't be shown, something that needs to be taken board
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

seafoid

Joe Sheridan I heard interviewed and he sounds like a Dub and has none of those lovable Meath rs. Where did it all go wrong? 

INDIANA

Quote from: Hardy on July 12, 2010, 08:36:25 PM
We're not having an argument. You're spouting nonsense. For instance, your last sentence isn't any form of English I understand. Do you actually know what a doyen is?

I do. Its the senior member of a group. ie you in this case. As the senior member of  the group of Meath people still trying to pass this off as "just another incident". Could some of your players rub the Louth's players faces in the mud anymore? The Louth players are the real victims in all of this. A largely soccer dominated urban centre on the cusp of something great. Could have changed the whole Gaa landscape in Louth itself. Taken away from them.

Its not just about the louts at the end as some people would have us believe.

Hardy

Joe actually had an English accent that he has gradually been losing. It seems to be nearly completely gone now. He was brought up in Birmingham.

He might sound like a Dub to you, Seafoid, but not to us or to Dubs.

INDIANA

Quote from: Jinxy on July 12, 2010, 08:42:39 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 12, 2010, 07:13:18 PM
Quote from: Hardy on July 12, 2010, 03:39:41 PM
Sligonian, I have as much respect for your opinion as I have for the squealing of a stuck pig. You are one of those who seem to think it's excusable for people to attack a referee after a football match. On that account, I have zero time or respect for you.

Nice deflection. What is embarrassing for me is the sheer lack of good grace from some of the Meath fans I've spoken to. They say Kerrymen are the cutest hoors out there, well some meath men aren't far off it. Even last night there was nothing said about the refereeing shambles that exists in the GAA. We have officials standing at each goal who have no basic knowledge of the rules. We may as well go to Dublin Zoo and hire a couple of chimpanzees for the day to do umpire because they have no powers and are as blind as Stevie Wonder with a bag over his head.
I've already said the louth muppets should get  a lifetime ban. You can't lay a hand on a ref anywhere. Even if a team were metaphorically takiing it up the ass for 60 mins you cannot lay a finger on a ref.Those idiots probably have no connection with any Gaa club and are an example of the sort of muppets who get access to tickets through Knackermaster. I see enough of these tulips on the Hill and they constantly bring shame on all the decent GAA fans out there. The simple solution to pitch invasions is to do with the Aussies do. Anyone caught tresspassing on the field of play in Australia gets a 5k fine. That would soften the cough of those clowns yesterday. They'd probably ask the social welfare to pay it for them. Probably 3 and a half braincells between the lot of them.

However the GAA are using the aftermath to deflect away from the refereeing shambles that exists in the GAA and focus on the aftermath instead of alloting some level of time to how in Gods creation that goal was ever allowed to stand. Where is the quality control in refereeing circles?

Sheridan has proven himself to be  a prize pratt in the aftermath. Seems like an individual who likes the limelight. Should be doing PR for the Iraqi Regime such is his resonance with Comical Ali. I don't blame him in claiming it was a goal at the time. But in the aftermath can he not keep his mouth shut? What happened to honesty , dececy and a bit of respect for the opposition. Or is that another pre- Celtic Tiger custom? Trying to still claim it was a goal is embarrassing for him and Meath football in general. Jaysus I'd  be sick to the pit of my stomach if a Dublin player was at the same thing.

Meath have to offer a replay I'd be appalled if they don't. A replay they will win in my view. Far nicer to be drinking out of the Delaney Cup after winning fair and square.

Jesus would you stop.

Stop what? He should be down in Murphy's laughter Lounge! Or better still do PR for Cowen. With conviction like that he could convince voters to even vote FF in the next election. We get the message now. It was a Goal.  ::)

Hardy

Quote from: INDIANA on July 12, 2010, 08:47:23 PM
Quote from: Hardy on July 12, 2010, 08:36:25 PM

I do. Its the senior member of a group. ie you in this case. As the senior member of  the group of Meath people still trying to pass this off as "just another incident".

A fine effort. So how does "the last senior member of a group of someone who's lost the argument" parse? You meant bastion or refuge, didn't you?

Quotecould some of your players rub the Louth's players faces in the mud anymore? The Louth players are the real victims in all of this. A largely soccer dominated urban centre on the cusp of something great. Could have changed the whole Gaa landscape in Louth itself. Taken away from them.

Its not just about the louts at the end as some people would have us believe.

Jesus I'm nearly in tears here. Cop on to yourself.

Louth Exile

Quote from: Elias on July 12, 2010, 08:39:15 PM
Quote from: Louth Exile on July 12, 2010, 07:29:22 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 12, 2010, 04:17:43 PM
I hope the Louth co board have issued an unreserved apology to Sludden, and the GAA for those scenes and accept that there was absolutely no justification for those attempts at mindless thuggery.

I don't see how it is responsibility of the Louth County Board to apologies for the mindless actions of individuals who were not there representing our county! The county board should (and has) aided with the identifying of these individuals and bringing them to appropriate justice. As I posted earlier, an ex player was in contact with the man who struck Mark Ward to identitfy himself to the Gardai and he has done so.

Sludden should apologies to the Louth players and management who had this massive achievement stripped away from them due to his incompetence/arrogance/malevolence/panic. Nobody but he can answer why he did what he did!

Who exactly were they representing then? Meath?
Yes they were representing Meath  ::)
They were neither, players, management or officials of the county of Louth. Nor were they representative of the majority of us who managed to keep our anger in check! Should we all be tainted because of the actions of a few? I have said it before and I'll say it again, every county has its lunatic fringe, ours got out on the pitch yesterday!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

TYRONE HACK

Sheridan from England eh, thats where he gets the rugby then, I hear Martin Johnsons looking for him for the World cup, well it was good enough for Jack Charleton

Hardy

Jaysis I'm aytin meself laughin at that. You're a scream. Do you write this stuff solo or are you a team of chimps?

deiseach

Quote from: Hardy on July 12, 2010, 07:44:37 PM
What have you heard from Joe Sheridan since his interview in the dressingroom within minutes of the game? Even if he's still saying the same today, is he not entitled to give his opinion in answer to a question?

His 'opinion' is that he definitely kicked the ball over the line? Sorry, he's entitled to his own opinion but he is not entitled to his own facts