Fermanagh Football & Hurling

Started by Erne Gael, November 10, 2006, 10:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with the new Summer League for Club teams?

Yes, gives the club players plenty of matches
23 (50%)
No, rather play challenge matches
4 (8.7%)
Waste of time, won't be taken seriously
19 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

FermGael

Teemore getting beat is a huge surprise.
Good to see that Belnaleck get a point but Aughadrumasee  are probably the worst side in division 2.
Will this mean that there is no fermanagh team in the Ulster Junior championship this year??
Surely it would be an idea to have the losers in the first round of the intermediate play off for the junior championship in a knock out event.
Cannot believe that Tempo got beat by St Josephs especially with the number of good club players that St Josephs have lost this year due to emigration.

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Jimmyjimson

Quote from: FermGael on April 17, 2011, 10:48:46 PM
Teemore getting beat is a huge surprise.
Good to see that Belnaleck get a point but Aughadrumasee  are probably the worst side in division 2.
Will this mean that there is no fermanagh team in the Ulster Junior championship this year??
Surely it would be an idea to have the losers in the first round of the intermediate play off for the junior championship in a knock out event.
Cannot believe that Tempo got beat by St Josephs especially with the number of good club players that St Josephs have lost this year due to emigration.

Ederney have lost a few but Ferris coming back is a huge lift for them. They'll be badly hit by the couple of suspensions they are likely to get though

sammymaguire

SFL
Manor House SFL 1
Tempo 0-17, Lisnaskea 1-7
Derrygonnelly 3-16, St.Joseph's 3-10
Belcoo 0-6, Devenish 0-11
Roslea 1-15, Enniskillen 0-8
St.Patrick's 2-10, Newtownbutler 2-9

Fermanagh Herald SFL 2
Maguiresbridge P-P Teemore
Kinawley 2-12, Coa 2-7
Aughadrumsee 0-2, Brookeborough 0-11
Irvinestown 1-16, Derrylin 0-4
Belnaleck P-P Erne Gaels
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

118cmal

Very quiet in here ahead of the big game on Sunday.  Unfortunately I can't see anything other than a heavy defeat  :(

Can anyone hazard a guess at a possible lineout?

FermGael

Firstly congratulations to the minors.  Great to get a win at this level.
Good to see at least one Fermanagh team playing with a good game plan and playing to there strengths.
And missing one of their best players who was suspended.  well done to all.

and to he senior game.  Where to begin....
We committed football suicide by trying to play man on man with a 2 man Derry full forward line.
Not a sweeper in sight.  We gave Bradley the freedom of Celtic Park and he destroyed us.
Naive would not have covered it. 
We were wiped in midfield in the first half and just turned the ball over too many times.  Alot of unforced errors.
The our only game plan when we got the ball was to boot it in as long and as high as we could. 
A good plan considering the height we had in our full forward line  ::) ::).  It was meat and drink for McCloy.
Cecil tried hard and Ogie played well the whole game.  Corrigan looked good but the ball into him was brutal.
At least in the second half we put a bit of respectability on the scoreline but the game was over.
It was a throw back to the mid 90's when Fermanagh were the whipping boys of Ulster.
What has happened is water under the bridge and the exiled players will not be returning.
Needs to be sorted for next year because Fermanagh do not have the player pool to leave this players twiddling their thumbs all summer. 

On a side note, as usual McHugh puts the boot in again on the BBC the first chance that he gets about Fermanagh.
Did the same thing before on the BBC.  Change the record Martin, go and watch another Donegal game and then tell us all about whats wrong with Ulster football

Fermanaghfirst

Fermanagh v London - hard to believe this is a 50-50 match.

I suppose the way things have went this year a defeat wouldn't be a total surprise. What does everybody think. Things have been really quiet on this site, hoganstand seems more popular with Fermanagh folk.

I am appealing to all Fermanagh users on this board to make their feelings on the senior team known.

My own feelings are that the management team should step down at the end of the year. He should have never been appointed as the manager in the first place. He didn't have the expetise required for a senior job in my opinion. I  feel we need our best players playing. Having spoken to /met the players in question, especially the sherrys, tommy and Niall bogue over the last few years they are civil fellas and it would have taken alot for them to quit.

Come on and discuss OUR county!

ExiledGael

Don't know what to think of draw now and not sure I care that much any more which sums up the year. Definitely not confident about winning but even if we did God knows what would be waiting for us down the line.
Not much discussion here but it's a case of if you have nothing nice/constructive to say, say nothing at all.

sammymaguire

I hope they lose and the management quit
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

ExiledGael

You obviously never heard that saying!
I certainly don't wish for them to lose in London - we could do without that hanging around our necks for the next few years and it could really ruin the future of one or two of the younger players.
I do know there needs to be big changes before next year and we can't afford to be without at least 10 of our top players. It looks like those changes can't happen under John O'Neill but i don't want to see Fermanagh disgraced further. It's just a mess and the less long term damage done the better.

FermGael

Quote from: sammymaguire on June 15, 2011, 10:50:21 PM
Catch yourself on Sammy.
A lot of use here do not agree with what is going on but that statement is ridiculous.
They are quite a few talented younger players in the current squad and a defeat could, as exiled stated, ruin there career.

sammymaguire

Quote from: FermGael on June 16, 2011, 12:02:33 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on June 15, 2011, 10:50:21 PM
Catch yourself on Sammy.
A lot of use here do not agree with what is going on but that statement is ridiculous.
They are quite a few talented younger players in the current squad and a defeat could, as exiled stated, ruin there career.

Would you prefer to see these younger lads get slaughtered by Monaghan, Down or Meath in the next round?

Wake up lads and smell the coffee, they dont need that kind of humiliation it would be a tad more honourable to lose by a couple of points to London in Ruislip under inept management and rebuild over the next 2-3 years. Simple. This current squad are going nowhere, actually backwards to be frank.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

AidyMac

It is a strange game for Fermanagh

They are expected to win, because it is London.
If they win, then it was "Sure it was only London" and if they lose, then it is the managers fault.

I would not take this game too lightly, as London are preparing well for it

Living in Fermanagh, but family playing for London, I hope it is a good game and neither side gets a tanking

ExiledGael

Is there coverage on any local radio stations of the game in London?
Can't find any mention of it

sammymaguire

Quote from: ExiledGael on June 25, 2011, 12:26:59 PM

Are we officially the 2nd worst Senior inter county team in Ireland now? actually, maybe kilkenny would bate us too

if the Manager doesnt go now...
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

FermPundit

Quote from: sammymaguire on June 25, 2011, 03:37:35 PM
Quote from: ExiledGael on June 25, 2011, 12:26:59 PM

Are we officially the 2nd worst Senior inter county team in Ireland now? actually, maybe kilkenny would bate us too

if the Manager doesnt go now...

We're a complete shambles. I said it in the other thread, but O'Neill will probably not resign. Will the County Board dismiss him? I'm really not sure they will. I wonder what was said in the dressing room at the end of today's game? Such a disaster
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.