Fermanagh Football & Hurling

Started by Erne Gael, November 10, 2006, 10:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with the new Summer League for Club teams?

Yes, gives the club players plenty of matches
23 (50%)
No, rather play challenge matches
4 (8.7%)
Waste of time, won't be taken seriously
19 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

FermGael

Fermanagh SFC final this Sunday.

Anybody about this place these days or should i just turn out the light??

Just checked the odds there now with Paddy Power and Teemore are 7/2.
Thats huge odds.  They have put out 3 division 1 teams this year and have a spine of experienced players.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

sammymaguire

Up for grabs between Teemore and Roslea on Sunday afternoon. Hard to see past the favs Roslea with their third appearance in a row in the county decider but still the element of intrigue with the Div 2 Teemore facing them on Sunday, a club steeped in Championship history, their last win only 6 seasons ago, this one bringing the two clubs back to the epic battle of 1983; Teemore coming out on top that afternoon. Hopefully a decent dry afternoon for football seeing Roslea aiming for their 11th - and back to back titles, Teemore looking for their 22nd!!

Any thoughts on scoreline and result lads?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

FermGael

Fair play to you Sammy.

Its Teemore for me. 

ExiledGael

Roslea 4/9 Draw 7/1 Teemore 11/5.
Certainly have to fancy Roslea on paper but wouldn't be backing them at that price. Teemore have been on an unreal run and came back from the dead at least once. Morale must be at an all-time high after the Tempo comeback and they will have real belief. I'd expect them to start well this time after going 8/9 down against Tempo last time.
Paddy McKeever (Armagh) has been with them for a few months and he seems to be doing something right.
Will be iinteresting to see if Seamie Quigley starts, McGinnity has been using him off the bench lately, given his commitment.
Where Owens plays will also be interesting.
He'll probably start in the middle but given the impact he made at full-forward in the last 20 minutes against Tempo I'd sat it's a cert he moves there at some stage on Sunday.
Teemore half-time Roslea full-time me thinks. I hope I'm wrong.
Who do the Fermanagh champions meet in Ulster?

sammymaguire

Surprised there is not a bit more interest in the game in general, maybe many folk think it will be a foregone conclusion, Div 1 v Div 2 will mean any easy win for the so-called stronger team.

I think there will be some interesting battles all over the pitch on Sunday and the two sets of management will have a key part to play in the winning of the game, so thats what makes me think, McGinnity's experience will just come to the fore, although, if Owens and Brady and Declan O'Reilly are all on top of their games, then there will be little impact from the sideline so Roslea wont need to be any way complacent if they are to take the spoils on Sunday.

Roslea's forwards have the potential to score heavily against a Teemore defence which has been leaky in the championship so far this season, and if they can get the goals, that will wrap up this Championship for them but that will only happen if the midfield and half back line are able to get their hands on enough good ball to feed the likes of the two Quigleys and Lynchs. The semi final v Devenish was a hard hitting affair and the physicality wont upset the Roslea team as I see the game being played in this manner, a low-ish scoring, tight, hard hitting, 1-9 to 1-7 to Roslea.

I dont think it will be a runaway victory for the Roslea men anyway, thats for sure, the Teemore lads will battle to the death and will be well drilled and motivated my the management team in place there, I know Peter Quinn and he will be so up for this it will be unreal. Looks like it could be a cracker so I'll be there on Sunday.

Winners to pay Clonduff or Burren in the 1st round of Ulster Club (Fermanagh venue)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

FermGael

looking at the game you would think that Roslea have to much for Teemore.
The have the Quigleys up front with Liam Lynch who has been there unsung hero this year.
They have 2 county midfielders in Sherry and Cosgrove and a back line that will be well marshalled by Peter Sherry and Conor Quigley.
They play a very defensive game plan and leave the two Quigleys(when they both play) isolated up front.  They try to play a counter attack style of football.

Devenish had the right idea in the semi when they played a sweeper in front of the Roslea front two.  They played Chris O'Brien there and he caused Devenish alot of problems picking up the ball and running at them from deep.  I am sure Teemore will have seen this.

Also Cosgrove has been taken of in both games i saw Roslea in.  Seamie Quigley is carrying a bit of weight and was well marshalled by Martin O'Brien the last day.  James Sherry played well in spurts the last day.  Him and Hughie will be the key battle. 

Upfront i would think Teemore will leave Barry around the middle until they need him at full forward.  He has the best hands in the county and i feel he could be the difference when he is moved into full forward. 
Paul Martin and Stanley will also be back for Teemore which will be a huge boost for them.

It will be a tight game and i think that Teemore will just about get over the line.
IMO its the last chance that some of there players will get at a county title.

oakleafgael

Its Roslea's to lose imo. Teemore rode their luck against Tempo who must be kicking themselves as they threw it away. Barry Owens was completly ineffective at midfield and it was only when he moved to full forward that they got back into the game.

sammymaguire

Roslea 1-10 Teemore 1-07. Seamy Quigley show wins the day for Roslea
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

FermGael

Well he was given the freedom of Brewster.
Cannot believe how niave Teemore were. 
Leaving Quigley one on one was a huge mistake

sammymaguire

Quote from: FermGael on October 02, 2011, 10:57:34 PM
Well he was given the freedom of Brewster.
Cannot believe how niave Teemore were. 
Leaving Quigley one on one was a huge mistake

Totally right. I think even if they had have played Barry Owens on him it would have been a better move as although Owens done some decent work further up the field, it was non effective and as Roslea were targetting SQ with every forward pass, it was strange that they did not double up on him...  :-\
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

supersarsfields

Feck me a week since the county final and not a post on it?

I'd say relationships between Teemore and Kinawley are at an all time low! 

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

sammymaguire

Well if the news is true, this is back on the agenda again - thankfully
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

FermGael

IMO there is only one man.  McGinnity

sammymaguire

Quote from: FermGael on October 11, 2011, 09:32:33 AM
IMO there is only one man.  McGinnity

Too right but Roslea football riding on the crest of a wave at the moment and he knows that "they need to make hay while the sun shines"... will he want to leave this?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!