GAA tree planting for Stormont

Started by Jim_Murphy_74, November 03, 2009, 12:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: ziggysego on November 14, 2009, 02:40:59 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 14, 2009, 02:37:17 PM
Quote from: Hardy on November 14, 2009, 02:33:05 PM
No more trees to be planted, then or books to be read or songs to be sung or dinners to be eaten until the important issues are sorted out. Because sorting out important issues can't be done as long as there's tree planting going on. Stands to reason, doesn't it.

I get it now. I'm surprised you're so slow on the uptake, Ziggy.

Plant away but don't try and fool us that it is some sort of achievement... it's nothing to clap about. "They can fool all of the people some of the time etc..."

Never claimed it was an achievement. I just think it's silly to complain about it because of Policing and Justice.

There's too many Unionist symbols and trappings at Stormont, so these trees will go along way in readdressing the balance. Plus I think it's much better than statues, flags and other such stuff.
A tree goes a long way to redressing the balance? How? It's only a tree. Will there even be a plaque below it to show that it's a GAA tree? If not, it's just another tree in an estate full of trees.

I'm not one for statues/flags etc, but this is hardly a great victory for neutralising Stormont.

Aerlik

$5 says there'll be a fleg draped off it next July :P
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

ziggysego

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 15, 2009, 10:07:45 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on November 14, 2009, 02:40:59 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 14, 2009, 02:37:17 PM
Quote from: Hardy on November 14, 2009, 02:33:05 PM
No more trees to be planted, then or books to be read or songs to be sung or dinners to be eaten until the important issues are sorted out. Because sorting out important issues can't be done as long as there's tree planting going on. Stands to reason, doesn't it.

I get it now. I'm surprised you're so slow on the uptake, Ziggy.

Plant away but don't try and fool us that it is some sort of achievement... it's nothing to clap about. "They can fool all of the people some of the time etc..."

Never claimed it was an achievement. I just think it's silly to complain about it because of Policing and Justice.

There's too many Unionist symbols and trappings at Stormont, so these trees will go along way in readdressing the balance. Plus I think it's much better than statues, flags and other such stuff.
A tree goes a long way to redressing the balance? How? It's only a tree. Will there even be a plaque below it to show that it's a GAA tree? If not, it's just another tree in an estate full of trees.

I'm not one for statues/flags etc, but this is hardly a great victory for neutralising Stormont.

To my knowledge, that is the first of many trees which will be used to make Camens. At lasting tribute I think.
Testing Accessibility

Orior

Quote from: hardstation on November 22, 2009, 10:49:32 PM
Did anyone hear Sammy Wilson's jokes?

Quite funny I have to say.

You can't do that Hardstation. C'mon, tell us what they were?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

Quote from: hardstation on November 22, 2009, 11:48:38 PM
Something about "better than planting bombs".

Something about "Gerry talking to Special Branch and now talking to trees".

He toul them better.

He did.

Your comedy... timing... is... awful.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

drici

A needle pulling thread.