Who/what can stop Dublin?

Started by ONeill, April 27, 2014, 10:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 27, 2014, 11:11:34 PM
The only thing that could stop this Dublin juggernaut is Seamus Aldridge announcing his return to refereeing.

Not so sure. Dublin have serious momentum alright but they need likes of Cluxton, McAuley and Flynn to make it tick. If those 3 remain fit and healthy only a fool would bet against them. A couple of injuries though and everything changes as we well know.

Wildweasel74

I still think they can be caught on a one off game, but the team against them got to be dogged and still hang in there when Dublin threaten to hand out a trimming, the first 15mins are vital when dublin come on strong, if a team can stick with them to the 55min mark when Dublin tend to kick for home they have a chance, though maybe only a slight chance, A injury to a few key players later in the year might affect them.

In short, they probably the biggest favourites for an all-ireland in a long long time but i feel if Cork, Mayo, Donegal and Maybe Tyrone could stick with them they have a chance.
Derry were just like a rabbit in the headlights the day,

Jinxy

Only global warming can stop them now.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

moysider

Quote from: Jinxy on April 27, 2014, 11:50:21 PM
Only global warming can stop them now.

Global warming will not flood Croke Park til 2018.

Too late.

orangeman

The Jones Road residents association.

Bertie Aherne.

A rule to make Dublin players use their weak foot. On seconds thoughts that rule wouldn't even work.

theticklemister

orangeman

Goals count the same as points for Dublin.

But the opposition get 3 for a point and 10 for a goal.

And Cluxton isn't allowed to play during the game but can kick about at half time in Cumann na mBunscoil game.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

balladmaker

QuoteA big wave?

Fracking?

A plague?

Garth Brooks ... after Garth and his 400,000 strong following are finished with Croker, it won't be fit for any fancy football from August onwards ... it will be set up for a cart horse of a team to take the All Ireland  ;D

neilthemac

Play a game or two outside Croke Park.
anyone?

screenexile

As someone mentioned this Dublin team are starting to look like Kilkenny when they were in their pomp.

Having said that there will be a day when they are just not firing on all cylinders and one of the better teams could have a good day and beat them. The likelihood is of course very small and it would have to happen in the Quarter Final on as I don't think it would happen twice in a season.

For me it's Cork and Monaghan and at a push Mayo who could do it. Neither of these teams are as good as the Dubs but if they click and Dublin falter slightly there is a chance.

The rest are a good bit behind, Donegal are finished, Kerry, Kildare and Tyrone are in transition as are Derry.

There is quite a gulf then behind that where you're looking at Down/Westmeath/Laois etc.

Champion The Wonder Horse

An outbreak of Foot and Mouth at Dublin Zoo.

J OGorman

the only team who could really give Dublin their fill of it imo would be Cork if they gell well in the championship and meet Dublin who have maybe lost a couple of key men to injury. Talk of Mayo or especially Donegal beating them is was off the mark. Both are on the wrong end of their repsective peaks. Donegal have lost that ferocious intensity and the subs they brought on yesterday, Brick withstanding wouldnt have the physique to compete with the Dubliners