Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

A Cavan player swung back and slapped/punched after being fouled by Darren O'Sullivan. The name of the Cavan player involved escape me at the minute. I wonder will A retrospective ban be incured here?

rodney trotter

Cavan aren't playing in a All Ireland Semi so not in the limelight as much as Tyrone would be now. That's not to say a ban might happen.
I thought at the time Gormely was very lucky stay on. No surprise the CCC reviewed the incident as it was before Penrose being sent off.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 13, 2013, 11:36:57 PM
Cavan aren't playing in a All Ireland Semi so not in the limelight as much as Tyrone would be now.

Totally irrelevant (according to their own rules). And Donegal's Eamonn Mc Gee?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

larryin89

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 13, 2013, 11:40:30 PM
Cavan aren't playing in a All Ireland Semi so not in the limelight as much as Tyrone would be now.

Not following you on E. McGee
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Schkite

Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 13, 2013, 11:09:29 PM
Mone was holding his hand, he pushed it away with force. There was no punch. Its the best way of describing what happened. The holding of the face by Mone when he clearly wasn't touched there by Penrose  was as bad as anything that happened during the incident and no one has mentioned it.

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 13, 2013, 11:09:54 PM
If Mone hadn't felt the compulsion to act the meddling p***k none of this would have materialised. Ridiculous, and here's hoping the TCB can portray the CCC for the jaundiced buffoons they are at times, a portrait that they'll richly deserve.

Aye it's all Dessie's fault!  ::) Fcuk me you Tyronies can be some whingebags. The two boys were stupid and shouldn't have rose to it, I'd have thought two experienced players like them wouldn't be so stupid, especially right in front of all the officials.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: larryin89 on August 13, 2013, 11:42:11 PM

Not following you on E. McGee

Gormley misses the next game, Mc Gee won't.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Schkite on August 13, 2013, 11:42:36 PM
If Mone hadn't felt the compulsion to act the meddling p***k none of this would have materialised. Ridiculous, and here's hoping the TCB can portray the CCC for the jaundiced buffoons they are at times, a portrait that they'll richly deserve.

Aye it's all Dessie's fault!  ::) Fcuk me you Tyronies can be some whingebags. The two boys were stupid and shouldn't have rose to it, I'd have thought two experienced players like them wouldn't be so stupid, especially right in front of all the officials.

What did he run over for? Yeah, he acted the meddling p***k.

shezam

Schkite

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 13, 2013, 11:47:26 PM
Quote from: Schkite on August 13, 2013, 11:42:36 PM

What did he run over for? Yeah, he acted the meddling p***k.

Every county has players who do that, no point in saying otherwise. Doesn't mean Penrose and Gormley were wise to get involved, it's stupid anywhere but in front of all the officials it's simply brainless.

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Whishtup

Quote from: Syferus on August 13, 2013, 11:20:10 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on August 13, 2013, 11:09:47 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 13, 2013, 11:07:45 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on August 13, 2013, 11:01:56 PM
They took their time on that one. Get Tyrone stopped at all costs I doubt.

Yeah, lads. Nothing to do with him striking someone in full view of the officials and the cameras. There's no bloody conspiracy on this one, unless you feel aggrieved that the laws of the sport are being upheld?

Again. Have you watched the video?                             

Every damn person here has.

I'm sick of people trying to deny a black and white situation just because it suits their team. If one of our lads did something as silly as that the last thing I'd be doing is making excuses for him.

Gormley plays on the edge, this time he went over the line. There is nothing more to this story.
away out of it.  What has promised to be a great championship has been hijacked by a swirl of sanctimonious shitehawks-fans,pundits,and  cccc members who are ruining the game from the inside out-black card will reinforce this. There will be plenty more about this. If you can't see how unfair it is then, i'm afraid your sense of reason is none existent or heavily biased.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Schkite on August 14, 2013, 12:02:27 AM
Every county has players who do that, no point in saying otherwise. Doesn't mean Penrose and Gormley were wise to get involved, it's stupid anywhere but in front of all the officials it's simply brainless.

I'm not saying they were wise, though Gormley was not sanctioned at the time even though it was in front of the officials!? So what did they miss that the CCC have subsequently (and selectively) detected? 

Any player who runs over as Mone did to involve himself and whinge and bleat to the ref is a meddling p***k, regardless of county.

rodney trotter

Unless Kerry made a complaint then its not much of a talking point. Lot of handbag incidents goes on during games. If it was bunch O Sullivan would have went to the ground.
Gormley was at the Centre of attention in front of the referee..

give her dixie

GAA HQ Hit Tyrone With Even Further Sanctions. Aughabrack To Represent County Against Mayo.

Despite founded allegations of an anti-Tyrone vibe emanating from the GAA hierarchy this year, the Red Hands have been hit with a further sanction with the news that the county side must step down and be replaced with an entire Aughabrack side.

Bans for Penrose and Gormley coupled with a media witch-hunt in recent weeks have seen tempers simmering but today's news has left the county reeling. Local Aughabrack wrestler, Barney McGill, reckons it poses a few problems:

"This is some handlin. Sure we haven't played together as a club since 1996. Rounding up 15 lads on the morning of the 25th will be some operation. The wemen have a big role here. They need to keep their men in the house on Saturday night before the game. Mayo boys like Aidan O'Shea wouldn't be out slapping stout into him 15 hours before the game."

McGill reckons the average age of the side will hit 49 with the entire full back line aged 71, 66 and 59 respectively.

"Ach it'll be great getting out from the Sperrins as ten of us haven't been as far as Dunnamanagh. We'll be able to take home spices and stuff from Dublin. I hear this Mayo side are good but we hold no fear. Don't forget the slaughtering we gave Owen Roes in 1988. I'm just wondering – who has the jerseys?"

The GAA have refused to reveal why this latest sanction has occurred but warned Tyrone that 'there'll be more of where that came from if we hear any more yappin'.

On the plus side, Brian Dooher will be making a comeback even though his years of service has left him bent double and using a stair lift for any upwards movement.

http://tyronetribulations.com/2013/08/13/gaa-hq-hit-tyrone-with-even-further-sanctions-aughabrack-to-represent-county-against-mayo/
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 14, 2013, 12:12:10 AM

Unless Kerry made a complaint then its not much of a talking point. Lot of handbag incidents goes on during games. If it was bunch O Sullivan would have went to the ground.
Gormley was at the Centre of attention in front of the referee..

Again, totally irrelevant, and you don't know that O'Sullivan would have gone to ground, that's not in the rules either (whether he would have or not).

See previous about Gormley, the CCC can now very selectively subsequently detect what the officials miss right under their noses!