Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 14, 2013, 12:15:44 AM
Quote from: rodney trotter on August 14, 2013, 12:12:10 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 13, 2013, 11:40:30 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on August 13, 2013, 11:36:57 PM
Cavan aren't playing in a All Ireland Semi so not in the limelight as much as Tyrone would be now.

Totally irrelevant (according to their own rules). And Donegal's Eamonn Mc Gee?

Unless Kerry made a complaint then its not much of a talking point. Lot of handbag incidents goes on during games. If it was bunch O Sullivan would have went to the ground.
Gormley was at the Centre of attention in front of the referee..

Again, totally irrelevant, and you don't know that O'Sullivan would have gone to ground, that's not in the rules either (whether he would have or not).

See previous about Gormley, the CCC can now very selectively subsequently detect what the officials miss right under their noses!

It wasn't even a talking point by any of the Kerry fans at the game. Did they discuss it in the Sunday Game?, or again Am I being totally irrelevant?. If they did a ban might happen, if not, then didn't think it was big deal.

Gormely acts the hard man all the time , its not about being selective. its about him being stupid and not having the cop on to control  his temper.

BennyHarp

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 14, 2013, 12:22:51 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 14, 2013, 12:15:44 AM
Quote from: rodney trotter on August 14, 2013, 12:12:10 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 13, 2013, 11:40:30 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on August 13, 2013, 11:36:57 PM
Cavan aren't playing in a All Ireland Semi so not in the limelight as much as Tyrone would be now.

Totally irrelevant (according to their own rules). And Donegal's Eamonn Mc Gee?

Unless Kerry made a complaint then its not much of a talking point. Lot of handbag incidents goes on during games. If it was bunch O Sullivan would have went to the ground.
Gormley was at the Centre of attention in front of the referee..

Again, totally irrelevant, and you don't know that O'Sullivan would have gone to ground, that's not in the rules either (whether he would have or not).

See previous about Gormley, the CCC can now very selectively subsequently detect what the officials miss right under their noses!

It wasn't even a talking point by any of the Kerry fans at the game. Did they discuss it in the Sunday Game?,
or again Am I being totally irrelevant?. If they didm a ban might happen, if not, then didn't think it was big deal.

Gormely acts the hard man all the time , its not about being selective. its and him being stupid and not having the cop on to control  his temper.

So decisions are made by the CCC based on whether they are talked about on the Sunday Game? I don't think your getting the point here at all. Sure Gormley deserves it for "acting the hard man all the time"!  ::)
That was never a square ball!!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 14, 2013, 12:22:51 AM
It wasn't even a talking point by any of the Kerry fans at the game. Did they discuss it in the Sunday Game?, or again Am I being totally irrelevant?. If they did a ban might happen, if not, then didn't think it was big deal.

Gormely acts the hard man all the time , its not about being selective. its about him being stupid and not having the cop on to control  his temper.

The Sunday Game (or Kerry fans) is not the sole arbiter of the CCC's regulatory jurisdiction, it's not even an arbiter.

Again, tell me what the CCC have picked up on that the the officials both missed, since whatever Gormley did was right under their noses?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

It does look like the ref missed it first time.

Any apathy within the county should disappear now.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Schkite

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 14, 2013, 12:08:24 AM
Quote from: Schkite on August 14, 2013, 12:02:27 AM
Every county has players who do that, no point in saying otherwise. Doesn't mean Penrose and Gormley were wise to get involved, it's stupid anywhere but in front of all the officials it's simply brainless.

I'm not saying they were wise, though Gormley was not sanctioned at the time even though it was in front of the officials!? So what did they miss that the CCC have subsequently (and selectively) detected? 

Any player who runs over as Mone did to involve himself and whinge and bleat to the ref is a meddling p***k, regardless of county.

I don't see what that has to do with Dessie though, not his fault it wasn't either dealt with at the time, or the fact that it's been brought back up now. He may have been meddling alright, but as I say that stuff goes on all the time, two seasoned players like them should have kept the head. If Dessie did go in solely to meddle and act the pest then it worked and the boys rose to the bait. (And yes I know it matters little to Monaghan now given Tyrone won anyway)

Captain Obvious

Gormley is Tyrone best defender a huge blow for them.

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 14, 2013, 01:02:22 AM
Gormley is Tyrone best defender a huge blow for them.

Better than Super Joe? Gormley sets the tempo for Tyrone alright. Huge loss but I don't think it'll effect the result either way.

caraghtyrone

Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 13, 2013, 11:24:49 PM
If ever a player got his comeuppance.

I see you hail from Mr Brollys County.....an seems your also a little jealous of the "rattle" of Conors Celtic Crosses in his pocket!

Love to know what you think your Derry nos 5 or 6 from 1993 would have done in Sean Cavanaghs situation or even Conor Gormleys?

I will reserve judgement on the issue when we see the stats on the CCC's usage of Video evidence and how many have been punished or escaped.

Id say Tyrones "friends" in the RTE just couldnt wait to hand over the video to the CCC, considering theres little communication or co operation from the Tyrone GAA in relation to the media ban.

caraghtyrone

Quote from: caraghtyrone on August 14, 2013, 01:29:18 AM

I see you hail from Mr Brollys County.....an seems your also a little jealous of the "rattle" of Conors Celtic Crosses in his pocket!

Love to know what you think your Derry nos 5 or 6 from 1993 would have done in Sean Cavanaghs situation or even Conor Gormleys?

I will reserve judgement on the issue when we see the stats on the CCC's usage of Video evidence and how many have been punished or escaped.

Id say Tyrones "friends" in the RTE just couldnt wait to hand over the video to the CCC, considering theres little communication or co operation from the Tyrone GAA in relation to the media ban.

P.S. No matter what is said or happens Sunday week...its still great to be Flying the flag for Ulster Football in the last 4

Syferus

Quote from: caraghtyrone on August 14, 2013, 01:33:32 AM

P.S. No matter what is said or happens Sunday week...its still great to be Flying the flag for Ulster Football in the last 4

Do you want the cross to martyr yourself on delivered to your home address or the Tyrone centre of excellence?

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 13, 2013, 11:09:54 PM
If Mone hadn't felt the compulsion to act the meddling p***k none of this would have materialised. Ridiculous, and here's hoping the TCB can portray the CCC for the jaundiced buffoons they are at times, a portrait that they'll richly deserve.

Ah, c'mon Fear,
If me auntie had you-know-what she'd be me you-know-who.
Mone may be a " meddling p***k."In fact he could be the biggest toolbox in the history of the game but I can't believe he'd launch an unprovoked attack on Penrose's fist with his gob.
I've looked at the video and I wasn't totally convinced but, after looking at the animated gifs, I don't know why anyone is denying that Penrose didn't deserve a red card.
Yup, Tyrone have every right to feel aggrieved that other players in other matches didn't get a red card either there and then or after a CCC review but doesn't alter the fact that Penrose deserved what he got.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Lar Naparka

I think that's the most sensible post from any Tyronie who's given his opinion about the red cards.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

tyssam5

Quote from: Syferus on August 13, 2013, 11:07:45 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on August 13, 2013, 11:01:56 PM
They took their time on that one. Get Tyrone stopped at all costs I doubt.

Yeah, lads. Nothing to do with him striking someone in full view of the officials and the cameras. There's no bloody conspiracy on this one, unless you feel aggrieved that the laws of the sport are being upheld?

Always good to see the 'laws of the sport' being upheld by CCCC, wonder what they were up to in this case when they rescinded this red card? Joke of a body.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRaI1PDU2xw

larryin89

Whilst Mayo fly the flag for Mayo. Ye should really get over the whole Ulster thing, really does my head in, you're a county not a province.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Asal Mor

Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 13, 2013, 11:09:29 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on August 13, 2013, 11:05:20 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 13, 2013, 11:03:24 PM
I'm absolutely disgusted by that decision. The lack of consistency and bias by the CCC is again summed up by this decision. To watch it again in real time and call it a punch is pushing it in the extreme. He pushed his hand away with force. The big issue here is that counties aren't being treated equally. There have been numerous other incidents caught on camera throughout the championship that have been ignored. Why is this? What is the CCC guidance for using video evidence? They've yet to answer some pretty basic questions about when they use it and how they review games. To me it seems completely random. Paul Galvin was caught on camera punching earlier in the season. It was ignored. Why was he different to Gormley?

People can accuse Tyrone of many things but we do seem to be treated differently to everyone else when it come's to these issues. I'd love to have the statistics for the use of video evidence since 2003. Because we seem to be heavily penalised by it. All counties have to be treated the same for it to be fair. A few years ago McMenamin got the most random ban of 6 weeks for example that was never given to anyone else before just to make sure he missed more games.

I hope Tyrone appeal this and take it as far as they can. I'd love them to produce a video of other incidents and play it to the CCC along with Gormleys and ask them to explain what was different. I can see a highly motivated Tyrone team taking to the pitch next week. I hope they can shove this decision write back in the ccc's faces.

Thats almost as funny as , his face walked into his fist. Ffs

Mone was holding his hand, he pushed it away with force. There was no punch. Its the best way of describing what happened. The holding of the face by Mone when he clearly wasn't touched there by Penrose  was as bad as anything that happened during the incident and no one has mentioned it.

Yeah, Mone's reaction was a disgrace. Feigning injury to get the man sent off. That's what Joe Brolly should have been ranting about.