Bitta-Banter

IFC Quarter Final in Bright:
Darragh Cross 0-9 Downpatrick 0-6

I heard Mayobridge were leading Kilcoo 1-6 to 0-1 with 25minutes played

In the Onion Bag

IH Semi Final .  Bredagh won by 4.

mournerambler

Quote from: Town Gael on August 23, 2009, 07:57:57 PM
Due to the fact the changing rooms were ock3ed and there were stewards on the doors coupled with the fact the Clonduff weren't robbed points to a dirty Loughinisland man and from what i have been told that is the case- the blues have a manin mind

Were they not playing An Riocht Town Gael?

John Martin

I hear kilcoo won by two points.

Downboy

Kilcoo by 2 . Late late rally by all accounts

dundrumite

Any reports on game? Fair play to them, all work being put in at underage warrants some success.

centre 3/4s

Couldn't believe what i heard at the game tonight the whole talk was about the islnad boys getting there wallets nicked maybe if they paid more attention to there own club instead of worring about all there neighbours things like this wouldn haooen

islandboy

Sorry can't believe the nonsense Reading here . Is town Gael accusing island person of stealing.  R a gimp . Think town have to look after  Who is watchng the rooms .say no more 

dundrumite

Quote from: islandboy on August 23, 2009, 08:25:53 PM
Sorry can't believe the nonsense Reading here . Is town Gael accusing island person of stealing.  R a gimp . Think town have to look after  Who is watchng the rooms .say no more

It was probably the referee  ;)

lroberts680

U16 B Hurling Championship abandoned at half time due to heavy rain and waterlogged pitch with Bredagh leading 5:8 2:3.
Pitch was in dire state at half time and more rain during half time just made it worse. Replay - Thursday 6.30 Castlewellan

Highlander3

Fair dues to Kilcoo great win, its will be good to see a new Down Championship winner

bcarrier

Were the 'bridge really beat ?

thewobbler

It's on BBC Sport Bcarrier.

There'll be some party wherever the O'Hare Cup lands this year.

Lecale2

Hurling Results from Castlewellan

JHC Semi Final

Warrenpoint 3-16 1-13 Carryduff
The Point got a real scare in this one with Carryduff well up for it in their first ever adult hurling championship game. At half time Carryduff led by 1-9 to 5 points and Warrenpoint didn't know what had hit them. Young Earley scored the Duff goal straight from a 50m sideline cut, a score that would grace Croke Park even if the Warrenpoint goal keeping was Go Games standard.

The Point obviously got a good talking to at half time and came out all guns blazing. 2 early goals settled them, they took complete control and ran out fairly easy winners in the end. The dismissal of the Carryduff full back for a 2nd yellow didn't help their cause especially as the first yellow was completely unnecessary.

The Point play the winners of Ballyvarley and Castlewellan in what should be a good JHC final.

IHC Semi Final

Bredagh 2-12 1-11 Ballela
Bredagh took control of this game early on and the Ballela defence were pulled all over the place by the young Bredagh forwards. Despite playing against a strong breeze Bredagh went in at the break leading by 1-9 to 6 points.

The second half was a closer affair with some very robust hurling on display. How the game finish 15 aside I don't know. Ballela grabbed the goal with 5 minutes remaining to add a bit of tension but Bredagh held on to win by 4.

Bredagh now face Liatroim in the IHC Final.

mournerambler

According to BBC sport it was debatable whether the game should have gone ahead tonight given the condition of the surface after the heavy rainfall, can anyone confirm this or is this a case of the BBC making yet another boob?