Ulster Minor Club Championship

Started by bennydorano, October 20, 2009, 01:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Doire Geal

Derry Team won it the last two years just because ballienderry aren't in it this year does not mean a Derry team have a strong chance of winning ulster

drici

Reckon they should play the Harps/Killann Gaels match in Casement on Sunday 29th November at noon if the Ulster Senior Club Championship Final is not on there the same day as there was no score board at the Rossa pitch last year.

Any craic

Banna Man

Quote from: GAA 125 on October 21, 2009, 08:16:04 PM
Omagh won the Under 17, Kilcoo where is it, Dungiven where in it to, was any other of the teams in it and how did they do ?

Kilcoo is near Castlewellan in co down Minors won county and also seniors this year also

screenmachine

i think Omagh and Dungiven will be the best two contenders in this competition. Kilkoo are too small and will find it tough against the better sides
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

thewanderer

have seen Omagh this year i think that they are very strong and would i think be favourites for the tournament. harps and scotstown will be strong also.

The Doire Geal

Dungiven very strong contenders... dont rule them out ... same can be said for belcoo and rest of ulster ... all champions... luck on the day will decide ulster champion

crossfire

Archie Mitchell

Omagh would be strong contenders. Were lucky not to win Tyrone last year and have been very strong at youth level in Tyrone last few years.   

rootthemout

Quote from: thewanderer on October 29, 2009, 11:26:57 AM
have seen Omagh this year i think that they are very strong and would i think be favourites for the tournament. harps and scotstown will be strong also.
[/
quote]
were you watching the nephews play them ;)

bennydorano

Haven't seen any betting for this as of yet?  Not suprised as it would be a bit of a nightmare for bookies.  How anyone can say such and such are certs is beyond me in such a high quality tournament that is normally played in dreadful conditions.  Plenty of luck required. 

Scotstown's experience should stand to them - 3rd year in a row.  I know when we won it we had lost the final the year previously and the experience helped us.

stew

Quote from: bennydorano on October 31, 2009, 04:40:04 PM
Haven't seen any betting for this as of yet?  Not suprised as it would be a bit of a nightmare for bookies.  How anyone can say such and such are certs is beyond me in such a high quality tournament that is normally played in dreadful conditions.  Plenty of luck required. 

Scotstown's experience should stand to them - 3rd year in a row.  I know when we won it we had lost the final the year previously and the experience helped us.

Good point benny, McKenna must have grown as a playera ton over the summer and his experience should certainly help the Harps and also although they didnt play well in the co finale they still won and will feel that the pressure is off them at this stage.

This is an excellent minor team by all accounts and I hope they go on and win the Ulster.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

randomtask

surely you could get some odds from a local bookmaker near saint pauls, if anyone knows where i can get some odds give me a pm, would be very much appreciated

Schkite

Scotstown will have a big shout in this. 3rd year in a row as has been said and that experience does help you an awful lot at this level where even a couple of years of an absense can mean a completely different team. They're in the same situation as we were when we won it, the 3rd year in a row and beaten in the previous final. They should do well.

depressed.fermanagh.man

Fermanagh's representives Belcoo were also in the competition last year, having been narrowly beaten by a good Creggan side. However Belcoo have lost a number of players since last year, but still have county minors Eoin Leonard and Johnny Feeley has commanding figures. I feel that they can still give Dungiven a game of it on the 5th December.  ;D Omagh, Kilcoo and Scotstown look the favourites. Is McCarey allowed to play for Scotstown?