Previous topic - Next topic

wats that 4 ref

armagh minors 1-06 monaghan 0-05 half time

wats that 4 ref

Any craic

http://vimeo.com/12141451 - highlights from the minor game, first-half, so far

http://vimeo.com/12142139[url]]
- highlights from the minor game, first-half, so far

http://vimeo.com/12142139// - an emotional but happy day for Clann Eireann at the Marie Hoye Memorial tournament

Benny Barnaveld

Armagh League Division 2 Result Today @ 2pm.              Granemore 1*14    Ballyhegan 0*15

RealSpiritof98

Congrats t the Armagh Minor Hurlers who beat Derry today in the c'ship, a great result and they should go into the semi final against Down with great confidence.

A bit unfair  they have to beat Derry, down and Antrim to win it buts that life at the bottom, although having Antrim sitting in the final already without a game is a joke

TacadoirArdMhacha

ACL Division 1 St. Patrick's 0-11 Culloville 1-10

This was a close enough game which could have gone either way but in the end it was Culloville's greater potency in front of the posts which carried the day. Cullyhanna got off to a good start with points from Aidan Mackin and Kieran Hoey before slack defending allowed the visitors in for the only goal of the game in the 7th minute. Despite this setback the home side continued to make the running and a brace of points from Aidan Mackin and Barry McConville saw them regain the lead. Towards the end of the half Culloville began to find their rhythm and added 2 points. St. Pat's finished strongly with points from Tony Donnelly (free) and Shane McKeever to ease them into a 0-6 to 1-2 half-time advantage.

St. Pat's would have been happy enough at half-time with a one point lead having played against a stiff enough wind. However Culloville upped their game on the resumption and registered 4 points in the opening 5 minutes of the second-half. As the half progressed Culloville's ability to consistently win the breaking ball around midfield was a significant factor in the result as St. Pat's were forced more onto the defensive. In attack Cullyhanna worked hard enough but lacked the cutting edge of their opponents and were largely dependent on converted frees for their scores. Overall a disappointing result which poses the danger of relegation even at this early stage of the season. Improvement is needed and no doubt the team are capable of playing better than they have done so far this year.

Team: Declan McArdle, Peter McKeever, Stephen Reel, Brendan Savage, Michael Murray, Paudie McCreesh, Eoin McArdle, Barry McConville (0-1), Tony Donnelly (0-5, all frees), Aidan Mackin (0-2), Eugene Casey, Kieran Hoey (0-1), Robbie Tasker (0-1), Paudie Mackin, Shane McKeever (0-1): subs used: Paul Toner, Rory McMahon, Kyle McEvoy.

ACL Division 4: St Patrick's II 0-4 Derrynoose 2-12

For the second week in a row the Division 4 side slumped to a heavy defeat thanks to a below-par performance away to Derrynoose on a fine Sunday afternoon. The visitors had their backs against wall from the opening seconds as Derrynoose collected the ball from the initial throw-in and waltzed through the Cullyhanna defence to score a goal within the first 20 seconds. Derrynoose followed this up with a point after 3 minutes however St Pat's managed to get a foothold in the game when Paddy McDonnell won the ball well in the full forward line and sent a brilliant kick over the bar. McDonnell was on the scoresheet again within 20 seconds and after 7 minutes Miceal Connolly found Brendan Murray well with a fist pass and the corner forward kicked a nice score to bring his side within a point of the home side. However this was to prove Cullyhanna's only spell of dominance in the match as Derrynoose began to take control scoring 3 points in a row thanks to an effective and direct brand of football. On 14 minutes came the decisive score of the match when a high ball into the Derrynoose attack wasn't dealt with by the St Pat's defence and, in the confusion which reigned, the ball was palmed to the net for a Derrynoose goal. The concession of this score badly affected Cullyhanna who let their heads drop somewhat as Derrynoose finished the half strongly with a further 4 points to put them 2-7 to 0-3 ahead at the break.

St Pat's seemed to respond well to their half-time team talk when Paddy McDonnell got a good point in the first minute but unfortunately for the Cullyhanna men this was to prove their only score of the second half as the game petered out into a comfortable Derrynoose victory. While Cullyhanna never really looked like getting back into the game, they were perhaps unfortunate not to put a better complexion on the scoreboard as 3 clearcut goal chances went begging with Paddy McDonnell particularly unfortunate to see a long range goal effort come crashing off the goalpost.

Although St Pat's had plenty of possession throughout the match, the wrong option on the ball was chosen on too many occasions and some slack marking meant that Derrynoose found scores much easier to come by than their opponents. Best on the day for St Pat's were Terry Toner, Kevin Toner and Paddy McDonnell. All in all, this was a disappointing enough performance and no doubt the players and management will be keen to make amends when they host fellow seconds team Killeavy on Friday night.

Starting XV: F Murphy; T Toner, B Quinn, C Quinn; R O'Neill, P Loughran, F Nugent; M Connolly, K Toner; B Nugent, M McConville, K Nugent; C McGlade, P McDonnell (0-3), B Murray (0-1) Subs Used: P McKeever, J Thomson, J Quinn, A Quinn
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

CountyGK

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on May 30, 2010, 05:46:23 PM
Congrats t the Armagh Minor Hurlers who beat Derry today in the c'ship, a great result and they should go into the semi final against Down with great confidence.

A bit unfair  they have to beat Derry, down and Antrim to win it buts that life at the bottom, although having Antrim sitting in the final already without a game is a joke

Final score was:
Armagh 4-15
Derry 2-14

Play Down in 2 weeks time in semi's

charlie stubbs

any1 know throw in time/venue 4 maghery clans tonight?

winsamsoon

I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

charlie stubbs

ogshead

Quote from: CountyGK on May 31, 2010, 12:23:05 AM
Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on May 30, 2010, 05:46:23 PM

Final score was:
Armagh 4-15
Derry 2-14

Play Down in 2 weeks time in semi's

Brilliant result... gives all concerned with hurling in Armagh a boost. Well done lads!!

winsamsoon

Clans 2-9 to 0-7 Maghery 5 mins to go and young maghery lad badly injured looking like a broken leg (awaiting ambulance) From what i hear.

oman

Any reports from the Minor hurling game against Derry. Great win.

winsamsoon

Ft Maghery 0-7 Clans 2-9 Nice one lads

fitzroyalty

Good win for Clans in Maghery. Could have been a different story if the home team had brought their shooting boots, though to be fair we took our chances and deserved the win  :)
Hope that fella's injury isn't too serious.