Golf Clubs

Started by joebloggs, August 01, 2007, 05:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joebloggs

Anyone know a good place to buy some new clubs, or what is a good set to get. My old ones are done and need something to replace them.

Square Ball

Quote from: joebloggs on August 01, 2007, 05:57:22 PM
Anyone know a good place to buy some new clubs, or what is a good set to get. My old ones are done and need something to replace them.

apparently there is a sports shop in Yorkgate doing a clear out sale, mate of mine bought a driver reduced from £185 to £35 nd there were a lot of other clubs for sale, cant see the big fuss made over golf myself
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

joebloggs

Thanks for that. Im not big into it just like playing a bit every now and again with a few mates. Joined a club and hated it; too many people complaining that everyone wasnt adhering to the dress code and the rules etc etc. I was just playing for a bita craic so didn't join any more clubs.

An Fear Rua

Quote from: joebloggs on August 01, 2007, 06:12:44 PM
Thanks for that. Im not big into it just like playing a bit every now and again with a few mates. Joined a club and hated it; too many people complaining that everyone wasnt adhering to the dress code and the rules etc etc. I was just playing for a bita craic so didn't join any more clubs.

You can get great deals on ebay from pro shops, or check out some of the golf magazine web sites, they usually have shops attached to them. I have previously used these shops and got great bargains.
Its Grim up North

joebloggs

yea but the problem is i dont know what im lookin for in the first place

The Real Laoislad

I have a set of Nike iorns that i bought in Mcguriks golf in Dublin cost me 600euro.But you can buy lovely complete sets  inc iorns and woods for around 300euro
I bought my driver and woods on internet
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Orior

If you dont know what you are looking for then trot along to Nevada Bobs and have a swing with a number of sets in your price range. Buy the ones that feel good.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Balboa

Quote from: Orior on August 01, 2007, 09:55:44 PM
If you dont know what you are looking for then trot along to Nevada Bobs and have a swing with a number of sets in your price range. Buy the ones that feel good.

Nevada Bobs can be a bit on the steep side, there is a good site www.golfbidder.co.uk. Its like a golf clubs ebay with clubs all rated 1 - 10 by their condition, 10 being brand new, they have a huge range.

magickingdom

taylor made drivers are very popular these days, so have a look at them...

Goats Do Shave

http://www.thesportshq.com/Products.asp?CategoryID=14//

Seems a decent place to start..

I recently bought a set of Palmer Bay Hill golf clubs. They seem grand to me. Won an auction on ebay £79.

EDIT: Full set, brand new by the way!!

Orior

Is there such a thing as a bad set of golf clubs?

If you consistently miss the wee white sphere, or hit the big green/blue sphere before you hit the wee white sphere, then £1000 set of clubs aint worth a fiddlers fart.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

joebloggs

what would be the difference between the fake and real ones? apart from them being fake obviously

Lecale2

What do you mean by fakes?
Is someone likely to send you a tennis racket instead of a golf club and hope you don't notice?

Deal_Me_In

there are companies that take the top renage of clubs such as Nike, Callaway, Tayloemade etc and copy them, and produce their own similar clubs at a fraction of the price. These are as good as most novice/intermediate golfers require. Low handicappers may perfer teh better club but you have to pay for these.

lynchbhoy

got a taylormade driver for Christmas and tried it out thee a couple of weeks ago - certainly far better than the driver I had prev.