Tír Eoghain v Iarmhí, D1R514, Omagh, Sunday 16th March @ 2pm.

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 10, 2014, 10:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Anyway, begone the nightmare of Fitzgerald Stadium, onwards and sidewards upwards.

Need to bounce back sharpish, though Westmeath will be in no mood to meekly surrender, as Mayo found (almost to their cost) yesterday.

It's an opportunity to exorcise Killarney demons, and exorcised they must be.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Club Rossa

Right Mickey,get 13 men behind the ball.Back to the puke football and we'll be grand ;D

sensethetone

Quote from: Club Rossa on March 10, 2014, 10:37:05 AM
Right Mickey,get 13 men behind the ball.Back to the puke football and we'll be grand ;D
the way some of the tyrone defenders play is like they rely on the blanket defence to save thier blushes.

orangeman

It will be 15 v 15 again on Sunday.

Yesterday was a one off never to be repeated.

ONeill

Should be hurting. Another win will leave them very close to the semis. McAliskey for McNeice.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

bogball88

Quote from: ONeill on March 10, 2014, 04:23:58 PM
Should be hurting. Another win will leave them very close to the semis. McAliskey for McNeice.

John Lynch for Tierney  ;D

sensethetone

westmeath probably fancy thier chances againist tyrone. if tyrone get sharper to the breaks and sort out miss hit passes and poor ball retention it would improve the team without many personnel changes.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: sensethetone on March 11, 2014, 09:28:38 AM
westmeath probably fancy thier chances againist tyrone. if tyrone get sharper to the breaks and sort out miss hit passes and poor ball retention it would improve the team without many personnel changes.

Not in Omagh. And certainly not after the smarting ye took in Killarney last weekend. If we show more of the battle/bottle like the second quarter last weekend and we are competitive compared to our last visit up there in 2012 I would be happy. Need to let the team settle down now.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ONeill on March 10, 2014, 04:23:58 PM

Would like to see Mc Aliskey starting too (if he's not carrying an injury), but MH being the man he is, he might want to give that starting 15 a chance to atone and redeem themselves on Sunday (if Seán Cav isn't carrying an injury).
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

You'd think Westmeath would get their own name.

Imagine being called Northarmagh or Southderry.

Redhand Santa

Hopefully Sunday can prove to be used to push the players on for the rest of the year. Better to get a defeat like that in early march rather than later in the year. For some reason the players legs seemed to go a bit during the 2nd half on Sunday. The lack of energy had a big part to play in the size of the defeat. Hopefully lessons will be learnt and performance here will rebuild confidence.

Until the mcmahons or gormley are available mattie Donnelly to me is the best option at centre half back. But if Harte sees him as developing at full forward he might see this as being counter productive given that wont be his role come championship. I'd go with a team like this:
Morgan
Pj
Mcbride
Mcnamee
Mcnabb
Mattie d
Harte
Clarke
Colm c
Sean c
Mcguigan
Grugan
Mccurry
Coney
R oneill

I thought mcguigan had a decent first half as did Harte on Sunday. Clarke is getting turned too easily in defence. He's big enough for the middle and mobile enough but needs to throw his weight about a bit. Not sure he's best option there but worth a go. Ronan oneill would be lucky enough to keep his place but still has lot to offer going forward.

orangeman

It was one bad game lads. Context.

A couple of weeks ago, Ronan O'Neill was the solution to all the problems.

Please lads, easy does it.

ONeill

rrhf

Quote from: orangeman on March 12, 2014, 12:04:14 AM
It was one bad game lads. Context.

A couple of weeks ago, Ronan O'Neill was the solution to all the problems.

Please lads, easy does it.

I agree... will somebody please think of the children...