Gabriel_Hurl

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 17, 2008, 06:52:22 PM
Forpadydeplasterer - Ballymore Novice Hurdle

Had 100 on him at 33/1 - now into 16's

Hurl picked him up at 21 on betfair, have laid him at 8s, fair play
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Louth Exile

Heard some good news about Cork all star and sublimity today, keeping them on the short list anyway
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Hardy

Tom Taaffe was interviewed on At The Races yesterday - still upbeat about Kicking King. He says he wouldn't read anything into his poor run last Saturday and put it down to the famous bounce effect, etc. It was to be expected, he said, in the second run after a long layoff.

More significantly, he said they discovered a trapped nerve in his back on Tuesday and sorted it out. He wasn't saying that accounted for his bad run, but it has to be taken into consideration.

"It's all systems go for the Gold Cup", he said.

Homer

Quote from: Homer on February 19, 2008, 02:49:15 PM
I'm also adding a small bet on Numide (12/1) for the Supreme Novices. Has won both starts over hurdles in convincing fashion. Showed excellent flat form in France, was only beaten 2 lengths in the French Derby with plenty of good horses behind him, prior to that he beat a horse called Gentlewave who went on to finish 2nd to Dylan Thomas in the Irish Derby. Also beat the one time Epsom derby favourite Visindar. This horse really has the ability to be something special.

Runs today (Kempton 2.05). Has moved into 10/1 since I posted the above and hopefully he will keep going that direction with a win today.

Bonus is also running today (Lingfield 3.45).

Louth Exile

I'm sure there are preview nights up and down the country this week, the line up for this one in The Helix is a good one

http://www.thehelix.ie/2008_Q1/CheltenhamNight.htm

Be interesting to hear what the legend Barney Curley has to say anyway
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

maddog

Weather has been exceptional here for the last couple of weeks, some good tight frosts and clear days. Think they will actually have to water it. Expect the going to be good , mudlarks wont feature.

Louth Exile

They have started to water it this week

Homer

Quote from: Homer on February 23, 2008, 12:33:20 PM
I'm also adding a small bet on Numide (12/1) for the Supreme Novices. Has won both starts over hurdles in convincing fashion. Showed excellent flat form in France, was only beaten 2 lengths in the French Derby with plenty of good horses behind him, prior to that he beat a horse called Gentlewave who went on to finish 2nd to Dylan Thomas in the Irish Derby. Also beat the one time Epsom derby favourite Visindar. This horse really has the ability to be something special.

Runs today (Kempton 2.05). Has moved into 10/1 since I posted the above and hopefully he will keep going that direction with a win today.

Very disappointing run from Numide on Saturday. He looked to be well poised coming to last couple of furlongs but found nothing when he was asked of. Having re-watched his past hurdle runs I'm a bit of a loss as to why he was so bad and even more so since Moore has now claimed there was nothing wrong with him. He's still going for the festival anyway so at least I'll get a run for my moneys worth.

Mickey Linden

Well not long till the festival now. This is my first year working over the festival. I was just wondering what do people do in that situation. I have no access to a radio or anything. Its going to be a nightmare. Internet bookmakers are banned. I have Gold Cup day booked off so not all bad I suppose!

girt_giggler

all bookmaker/horse racing sites are barred in my place too. although i can access www.sportinglife.com & there is a live commentray link there also which work for me

Louth Exile

I'm going to do the same as last year, sign up for the racinguk online access. Work the first two days and watch the races on the internet in the office (and do a bit of work in between). Half day on the Thursday and all day off on the Friday.

Homer

I'm off for the week myself, I book it off every year as soon as Cheltenham has finished. I just couldn't work through it.

When I am working I usually use Boylesports who let you watch races when you have a bet on them. Although occasionally I have to resort to watching the in-running market on Betfair while listening to betfair radio to see how a race is going, it can be a bit of mayhem but its actually quite educational and I often watch the market while there's a race on tv.

I see most the bookies have now gone No Runner No Bet now so slightly less risk from here on in.

Finally I'm gonna have another small touch EW on Zaarito (6/1) in the Champion Bumper, very impressed with his last run and if he can produce something similar he'll go very close.

Has moved into 7/2 fav after Time Electric decided to head for Punchestown instead. Think he is probably over priced now so I've laid most of the bet off for a free bet @6/1.

AZOffaly

I think I'm on a training course. What a pile of ballix. Who fixes a training course for Cheltenham week?

There might be a lot of 'phone calls' to be taken.

Louth Exile

Quote from: Homer on February 27, 2008, 02:08:59 PM
I see most the bookies have now gone No Runner No Bet now so slightly less risk from here on in.

Of the top of your head Homer, who has now introduced this??