Quote from: SidelineKick on August 28, 2009, 10:48:21 AM
He did do his job  ???

OH f**king HELL, YOU ARE GOING TO GET ME LOCKED UP

The referee didnt do his job last Sunday

redhandloo

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 23, 2009, 05:40:05 PM
Quote from: JMohan on August 23, 2009, 05:32:52 PM
Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 23, 2009, 05:00:52 PM
Can anyone honestly say they are in anyway surprised to see Tyrone diving and cheating???
Wise up
Bitterness doesn't suit you

So you can't say that it is a surprise yourself...
Suppose it makes a change from the Dubs choking!!
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

SidelineKick

Quote from: full back on August 28, 2009, 10:49:40 AM
He did do his job  ???

yeah but the incident you quoted, the ref DID do his job, so thats 1-1.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

full back

Quote from: SidelineKick on August 28, 2009, 11:04:05 AM
Quote from: full back on August 28, 2009, 10:49:40 AM
He did do his job  ???

yeah but the incident you quoted, the ref DID do his job, so thats 1-1.

Give me that f**king ball......I'm off

I dont give a flying fcuk about the incident nearly 20 years ago where the ref done his job

SidelineKick

:D I'll admit I was just taking the piss with that last comment.  Also picked you up wrong in your last post before that.

Reported.

full back

Quote from: SidelineKick on August 28, 2009, 11:17:39 AM
:D I'll admit I was just taking the piss with that last comment.  Also picked you up wrong in your last post before that.

I'm sorry for taking the piss

To be honest you were correct all along and I was just acting like an immature imbecile

Apology accepted
Good lad

Zulu

One of the biggest problems in our games now is the guy who winds up an opponent by verbal shit talking and sly digs hoping his opponent lashes out so he can hit the ground as if blindsided by Tyson. It is a plague on our games and should be stamped out, the correct action from Bannon should have been to book both of them, one for a minor strike and one for play acting. The problem is, as this thread highlights, is that when one of our own (insert whatever your own county is) does it most people never accept their own players liability and instead become over night experts on the rule book and quote precedents that suit them but ignore ones that don't.

Nobody wants to see lads getting their jaw broken off the ball but neither do we want to see lads holding their faces and doctors 'checking them' for injury when everyone knows there was minimal contact.

muppet

Quote from: Zulu on August 28, 2009, 11:27:53 AM
One of the biggest problems in our games now is the guy who winds up an opponent by verbal shit talking and sly digs hoping his opponent lashes out so he can hit the ground as if blindsided by Tyson. It is a plague on our games and should be stamped out, the correct action from Bannon should have been to book both of them, one for a minor strike and one for play acting. The problem is, as this thread highlights, is that when one of our own (insert whatever your own county is) does it most people never accept their own players liability and instead become over night experts on the rule book and quote precedents that suit them but ignore ones that don't.

Nobody wants to see lads getting their jaw broken off the ball but neither do we want to see lads holding their faces and doctors 'checking them' for injury when everyone knows there was minimal contact.

Agreed, Brolly mentioned it a few weeks ago that a certain team were, as he put it, absolute masters of the dark arts.
MWWSI 2017

full back

the correct action from Bannon should have been to book both of them, one for a minor strike and one for play acting.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

blewuporstuffed

what exactly is a minor strike? (Q the Arthur Scargel jokes)
what Miskella did ,w as a red card offense, end of story.
I agree with you that alot of these incidents are started with verbal provocation but unless the referee actually hears it, what can he do?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Final Whistle

;D ;D ;D ;D

Minor Strike, never knew there was such a thing as a minor strike!!!

SidelineKick

Quote from: full back on August 28, 2009, 11:19:21 AM
Quote from: SidelineKick on August 28, 2009, 11:17:39 AM

I'm sorry for taking the piss

To be honest you were correct all along and I was just acting like an immature imbecile

Apology accepted
Good lad

:D ya bollix, I started reading that thinking "Jesus did I write that?"

Then I seen the last line  :D

Reported.

Zulu

QuoteThe problem is, as this thread highlights, is that when one of our own (insert whatever your own county is) does it most people never accept their own players liability and instead become over night experts on the rule book and quote precedents that suit them but ignore ones that don't./quote]

What evidence do I have to support my claim, I give exhibit 1 from FB..
Quotehttp://gaaboard.com/board/Smileys/default/cheesy.gif

and exhibit 2 from Final Whistle

Minor Strike, never knew there was such a thing as a minor strike!!!/quote]

supersarsfields

But then you've got to look at what precedes the "sly digs" Usually shirt pulling and such which also needs stamped out. How often do you see a forward getting his shirt pulled and he throws a elbow back to shake of the defender. Happens 10 times a game. Not enough refs are big enough to blow for a foul down the pitch were a forward is being held illegally even when it's bloody obvious!!

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: full back on August 27, 2009, 05:31:00 PM
Its not often a forward starts on a defender to be fair

Maybe not to intimidate or injure but to goad the opposing player into getting booked or sent off? Happens often enough in my experience...

The classic is feigned offense at some close marking followed by some handbag wrestling and appeals to umpires while the referee is at the other end of the field. Usually ends in both players getting booked which is a result for the forward  >:(