Alan O'Connor sending off.

Started by mournerambler, August 23, 2009, 04:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: full back on August 27, 2009, 05:12:17 PM
Quote from: Hardy on August 27, 2009, 05:05:40 PM
Quote from: full back on August 27, 2009, 04:59:55 PM
What did you see Mc Guigan do?
If the referee seen it would he have sent him off?

What did you see Miskella do?
If the referee seen it would he have sent him off? (obviously we have to discount the notion that the clown was refereeing it)

McGuigan struck Miskella. (Or maybe Miskella started the whole thing by simulating a strike, It wasn't as OTT as Miskela's simulation, but very expert - just exactly how you'd react if someone hit you in the balls - a sudden backward thrust of the nether regions). The penalty for striking is a red card.

If's & maybe's

The jury dismiss your case

Oh well that settles it then. 

INDIANA

Quote from: SidelineKick on August 27, 2009, 04:16:42 PM
Being punched in the head and knocked out is serious injury. Being punched on the head and falling in a pile for a suitable amount of time  ;) means he had alterior motives. There is no way in hell that punch was hard enough to knock a man to the ground and keep him there for several minutes.

This is going on too often in our sport.

thats not the point. The rules are not attached with a memorandum where the referees can decide action based on the force of a punch . Its either a punch or its not. At least in soccer its clearcut- use the fist and you're off. Anyone who thinks the game is better off with lads punching the chops off each other has a a screw loose.

full back

Quote from: Hardy on August 27, 2009, 05:20:47 PM

If the referee seen it would he have sent him off? (obviously we have to discount the notion that the clown was refereeing it)

McGuigan struck Miskella. (Or maybe Miskella started the whole thing by simulating a strike, It wasn't as OTT as Miskela's simulation, but very expert - just exactly how you'd react if someone hit you in the balls - a sudden backward thrust of the nether regions). The penalty for striking is a red card.

If's & maybe's

You think Mc Guigan struck Miskella, unless you have evidence to the contrary off course ;)

Miskella did strike Mc Guigan

Pretty clear cut

SidelineKick

Indiana I dont want to have to say this again - I AGREE HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN SENT OFF!!! There is no place for cold boxes.

I am talking about seperate issue now of why McGuigan felt the need to lie on the ground for several minutes? In my honest opinion that box was not enough to floor him in the first place never mind keep him down.

He should be ashamed of himself too. Miskella shouldnt have reacted the way he did, but I'd rather see him do that than fall in a pile letting on McGuigan hurt him.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Hardy

Quote from: full back on August 27, 2009, 05:23:54 PM

If's & maybe's

You think Mc Guigan struck Miskella, unless you have evidence to the contrary off course ;)

Pretty clear cut

Do you think McGuigan didn't strike Miskella? Be honest now.

And do you think McGiuigan's carry-on was honourable? Be honest on that too.

oakleafgael

Hardy,

You either have eyesight problems or your stirring the pot. McGuigan poked him in the ribs with his elbow.

INDIANA

Quote from: SidelineKick on August 27, 2009, 05:26:21 PM
Indiana I dont want to have to say this again - I AGREE HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN SENT OFF!!! There is no place for cold boxes.

I am talking about seperate issue now of why McGuigan felt the need to lie on the ground for several minutes? In my honest opinion that box was not enough to floor him in the first place never mind keep him down.

He should be ashamed of himself too. Miskella shouldnt have reacted the way he did, but I'd rather see him do that than fall in a pile letting on McGuigan hurt him.

well maybe if you'd nearly lost your eye in a similar incident you'd feel a bit differently to getting a smack in the head.

full back

Quote from: Hardy link=topic=13516.msg630686#msg630686
Do you think McGuigan
b]didn't [/b]strike Miskella? Be honest now.

Honestly, he probably did, but Im not certain on that. IMHO Miskella was at Mc Guigan and Mc Guigan drew back, then Miskella struck.
Its not often a forward starts on a defender to be fair

Honourable - no
But he was struck in the head. We dont know how hard, but he was struck & went down

SidelineKick

Quote from: INDIANA on August 27, 2009, 05:29:59 PM

well maybe if you'd nearly lost your eye in a similar incident you'd feel a bit differently to getting a smack in the head.

A smack on the BACK of the head??

As irrelevant a comment as I have seen.

Reported.

supersarsfields

Quote from: Hardy on August 27, 2009, 05:28:00 PM
Quote from: full back on August 27, 2009, 05:23:54 PM

If's & maybe's

Pretty clear cut

Do you think McGuigan didn't strike Miskella? Be honest now.

Hardy my view would be that McGuigan and Miskella were pulling at each other. McGuigan might have thrown the elbow back into Miskella's chest( not even sure of this) but nothing that doesn't happen twenty times between men during the game.
Then Miskella threw the punch ( my view of it was that it was certainly a punch all be it not that powerful) and McGuigan went down to easily for my liking.
Proper outcome should have been a Red for Miskella. I wouldn't have been overly happy with McGuigan going down so easily but I believe it would be hard for a ref to justify booking him for diving especially when there is no doubt there is contact.

SidelineKick

Quote from: full back on August 27, 2009, 05:31:00 PM
Quote from: Hardy link=topic=13516.msg630686#msg630686
Do you think McGuigan
b]didn't [/b]strike Miskella? Be honest now.

Honestly, he probably did, but Im not certain on that. IMHO Miskella was at Mc Guigan and Mc Guigan drew back, then Miskella struck.
Its not often a forward starts on a defender to be fair

Honourable - no
But he was struck in the head. We dont know how hard, but he was struck & went down

So because he was struck in the head its ok to go down?

If he was hit a box on the arm, a real hard one, would it be "acceptable" to fall in a pile?

There was no serious injury done (as can be seen by him getting up a few minutes later and simply rubbing his head*) then he had no call to fall down.

* If something is that sore should you really be rubbing it? I've never heard of rubbing a broken leg to ease the pain  ???

Reported.

INDIANA

Quote from: SidelineKick on August 27, 2009, 06:05:59 PM

As irrrelevent as your lack of understanding of the rulebook.

SidelineKick

Quote from: INDIANA on August 27, 2009, 06:15:45 PM
Quote from: SidelineKick on August 27, 2009, 06:05:59 PM

As irrrelevent as your lack of understanding of the rulebook.

Indian please tell me you're taking the piss.

When have I ever said Miskella shouldnt have been sent off. Jesus H Christ read my posts before replying to them.

Two issues:

1) Miskella - DEFINITE RED. No questions, totally agree.

2) McGuigan - impact of the box was not enough to put him down at all, never mind the length of time he lay in a pile for. I have nothing against him personally, I am simply using him as an example of how our game is going.

Pleeeeeease tell me why I dont understand the rule book?

Reported.

BennyHarp

If someone punches you in the head playing football you have two options in my opinion - you punch him back and risk getting sent off yourself, or you go down to draw the refs attention to the incident (which is why mcguigan went down) and increase the chances of getting the dirty hoor who hit you sent off - which is exactly what he deserves! In the context of this match mcguigan took the correct action! If it was a local club reserve game - i'd have hit him back!

What would you have done sidelinekick? Stay on your feet, then what?
That was never a square ball!!

INDIANA

You don't seem to see Mc Guigan's reaction was irrelevent once Miskella hit him in the head. Thats a no-no in all contact sports as the rulebook states. So its irrelevent debate really.

That would only be an issue if Mc Guigan wasn't hit and he was feigning injury. And he was hit. End of story.