Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffron sam2

Quote from: hardstation on September 24, 2010, 10:16:37 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 24, 2010, 10:14:08 PM
Quote from: hardstation on September 24, 2010, 10:06:45 PM
My sources tell me that St. Gall's have a big match on Sunday night against An Rinn of Waterford and may be taking it easy tomorrow night.

if we win on Saturday then i'll bring my gear for that match.
No need for that. Yis have already selected your panel.

That's tomorrow's entertainment sorted.  The net cast as far and wide as it is for their footballers I see.

Well done yesterday. Hopefully the young buck will say something positive at lunch tme.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

1life 1club

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 25, 2010, 08:32:08 PM
jesus St Galls are some outfit. im sure they wouldnt have talked it about much before now, but a back to back all ireland is a REAL possibility. Cross and others will have plenty to say, but if this team are hungry enough they are certainly good enough for it
cross wont even get out of armagh ladthey got a lucky draw 2nite,,and if they did yous shouldnt fear them
full forward son

Square Ball

Is the JFC final on tomorrow night?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Milltown Row2

Aye Aggies and O'D's

Must be the worst two teams to meet in a final, played against both this year and they were dung
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Square Ball

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 30, 2010, 09:17:38 PM
Aye Aggies and O'D's

Must be the worst two teams to meet in a final, played against both this year and they were dung

Doesnt say a lot for the teams they beat on the way there! may go over and have a look or will it be that bad MR?

imtommygunn

Harsh MR - it is the junior final and neither have the pick of players that a club like you guys would have.

If O'Ds had been able to retain half the talent that walked through their door they'd have done quite well over the last 20 or so years but quite a lot seemed to slip through the grasp. Good setup they have now.

The Aggies got there last year. Both are clubs I would have admiration for. They have got it tight but a number of good clubmen have kept them at it.

Milltown Row2

I.m not knocking the clubs. Just the standard. I can only give you my personal opinion on having played them. Has for our pick at that level its not great. Sorry if i sounded disrespectful

Square Ball

So O'Ds won/stole it by a point, a lot of drinking done in the club last night I bet, fair play to them.

I agree with imtommygunn when he states about the talent, they are sandwiched between, St Johns, St Galls and Rossa and the lure of these clubs would be too much for some people if they came calling.

aontroim

O'Ds influx of transfers at the start of this year obviously has worked wonders!  Must of had about 30 players transfer back from other Belfast clubs.  Amazing what can happen when the (social) club is going well   :D

Any craic

http://vimeo.com/15514778// - O'Donnell's manager is some craic after their JFC win. Dunloy's last kick equaliser against Rasharkin is on here too.

Gold

O'Ds manager is a legend.

Saw him last year with a big long coat on down to the ground and the collar up to his ears. Looked like some old style soccer manager barkin out the orders!

Fair play to them they've had a great year and the club as whole with the clubhouse, pitch and underage has come on a bomb. Some great work bein done there.

Hard luck to the Aggies
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Cardinal

Great to see that the hard work at the club hasn't gone unnoticed by our regal neighbours and do I detect a touch of envy regarding our social status. Believe me boys we would give it up in a heartbeat for more success on the pitch both Juvenile and Senior. It is good to have a solid financial backing , but if the hard works not done at grass roots then it counts for nothing. We are O'Donnells GAC not O'Donnells PLC.

Slan.

( And the Aggies were very unlucky , good luck to them in the future )
Its not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog.

Cardinal

Just like to add a reply to MR , you could hardly have played against the Aggies and ourselves this year as we are both in different Senior divisions. I gather that if you played against either then you are not good enough to play for your 1 st 15 and are therefore of similar standard to both. So stop criticising others and get your head down then maybe you can play with the big boys.

Its not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog.

Milltown Row2

Both south Antrim games Cardinal and we are talking about 2/3 players on both teams that were different to Friday night.

No disrespect but thats just my feeling on both teams. As for my own standard well, i'm past my best ;)