Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 27, 2014, 07:15:03 PM
Quote from: Sidney on August 27, 2014, 07:07:03 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 27, 2014, 06:56:25 PM
Quote from: Sidney on August 27, 2014, 06:41:27 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 27, 2014, 06:38:37 PM
Quote from: Sidney on August 27, 2014, 06:31:38 PM
Waterville is 166km from Limerick. Castlebar is 170km. An outrageous 4km difference. I can see why you're so upset.

Is Waterville the new County town of Kerry! ;)
Exactly the same criteria as muppet used when making his comparison - the furthest part of the nearer county compared to the main population centre. You'll also find more Gaelic football fans in Waterville than you'll find in Derry City.

Castlebar is the main population centre, although in this debate I would be happy if you argue for Ballina.

Waterville - population 538  ;D ;D ;D ;D
That's probably about 438 more GAA fans than in Derry City.

Come on Derry City lads (or to politically correct we must include the 538 from LondonDerry). Tell this man how many of ye there are!

This is where I get MAD!!!!!

Our club girls just beat Glen Maghera for first time in 4 years In Championship football to qualify for u-16 A football final tonight so I won't get too upset.

I'll leave you to the morning Sidney.......... ( sleep with one eye open , and your precious google maps won't tell you how many miles I'm away from your home at 4.30 in the morn)

J OGorman

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 27, 2014, 07:15:03 PM
Quote from: Sidney on August 27, 2014, 07:07:03 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 27, 2014, 06:56:25 PM
Quote from: Sidney on August 27, 2014, 06:41:27 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 27, 2014, 06:38:37 PM
Quote from: Sidney on August 27, 2014, 06:31:38 PM
Waterville is 166km from Limerick. Castlebar is 170km. An outrageous 4km difference. I can see why you're so upset.

Is Waterville the new County town of Kerry! ;)
Exactly the same criteria as muppet used when making his comparison - the furthest part of the nearer county compared to the main population centre. You'll also find more Gaelic football fans in Waterville than you'll find in Derry City.

Castlebar is the main population centre, although in this debate I would be happy if you argue for Ballina.

Waterville - population 538  ;D ;D ;D ;D
That's probably about 438 more GAA fans than in Derry City.

Come on Derry City lads (or to politically correct we must include the 538 from LondonDerry). Tell this man how many of ye there are!
Sidney would definitely add to the tool total that's for sure. The soccer fraternity know more about football than he does

theticklemister

As a Glen man said tonight at the match J O Gorman..'they must have learnt that at the Brandywell'. We then hammered them.

theticklemister

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 27, 2014, 10:07:11 PM
Predictions anybody?

Yeah I predict that I ll spend 8/9 hours 'driving' on Saturday. Maybe more. I d love to have Sidney along to show him how handy a venue it is ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. Operation Barbarossa was a Sunday drive compared this campaign!
latest advice I have from a Limerick man is through Portumna, Nenagh ( bringing Tipperary into the invasion/equation - bit like going through the Ardennes to get around the Maginot Line!) and Killaloe  >:( >:( This guy was on the level.

As regards the match, the only prediction I want is yours Farr. - and as negative as possible please. Anything positive and Sidney the Shit Stirrer  will spend the day locked in the back of the jeep in driveway, with the engine running,and the wife searching for the hose to water the hanging baskets.

mayoman dan

Quote from: moysider on August 27, 2014, 11:53:11 PM
Predictions anybody?

Yeah I predict that I ll spend 8/9 hours 'driving' on Saturday. Maybe more. I d love to have Sidney along to show him how handy a venue it is ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. Operation Barbarossa was a Sunday drive compared this campaign!
latest advice I have from a Limerick man is through Portumna, Nenagh ( bringing Tipperary into the invasion/equation - bit like going through the Ardennes to get around the Maginot Line!) and Killaloe  >:( >:( This guy was on the level.
Of course Killaloe reminded me of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygr0V71O61E  but hoping it will be Kerry Martyrs on Saturday :-\
As regards the match, the only prediction I want is yours Farr. - and as negative as possible please. Anything positive and Sidney the Shit Stirrer  will spend the day locked in the back of the jeep in driveway, with the engine running,and the wife searching for the hose to water the hanging baskets.

Is there anybody on here leaving from the Ballina area.What time would you want to be on the road at? I was thinking round 11?

theticklemister

Moyside tasteless joke about the Scariff Martyrs about Kerry people. I know you did not mean to cause offence I think you did.

moysider

Quote from: mayoman dan on August 28, 2014, 12:05:32 AM
Predictions anybody?

Is there anybody on here leaving from the Ballina area.What time would you want to be on the road at? I was thinking round 11?

I am.

11 would be fine but what day ;D ;D ;D

There s people talking leaving about 10 around Ballina. Belmullet: 9 would do. Of course if you calculate it on distance you can leave at 1 o clock ( it s only 3 hours to Limerick  after all - right Sid ye p***k ;)) and listen to the game on the radio sitting in traffic. There s nice people on here will be able to tell who s covering it on radio. Could be good craic that. 

moysider

Quote from: theticklemister on August 28, 2014, 12:08:04 AM
Moyside tasteless joke about the Scariff Martyrs about Kerry people. I know you did not mean to cause offence I think you did.

God forbid. I just love that song. I ll remove that link right away.

mayoman dan

Quote from: moysider on August 28, 2014, 12:16:25 AM
Predictions anybody?

Of course Killaloe reminded me of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygr0V71O61E  but hoping it will be Kerry Martyrs on Saturday :-\

I am.

There s people talking leaving about 10 around Ballina. Belmullet: 9 would do. Of course if you calculate it on distance you can leave at 1 o clock ( it s only 3 hours to Limerick  after all - right Sid ye p***k ;)) and listen to the game on the radio sitting in traffic. There s nice people on here will be able to tell who s covering it on radio. Could be good craic that.

Cheers Moy i was given the same advice as yourself from a Galway man that works in Limerick every day to head to Portunma and on to Nenagh and go in that way but your on the wrong side of the city for the Gaelic grounds then.This really is unbelievable slobbering to get to a game.

moysider

Quote from: mayoman dan on August 28, 2014, 12:25:02 AM
Predictions anybody?

I am.

Cheers Moy i was given the same advice as yourself from a Galway man that works in Limerick every day to head to Portunma and on to Nenagh and go in that way but your on the wrong side of the city for the Gaelic Grounds then.This really is unbelievable slobbering to get to a game.

You head  for Parteen from Killaloe and that will take you up to Thomond, which is as close to Gaelic Grounds as you could hope for. Of course if we all do that we ll create another jam! But if you stay on the N7 into the city from Nenagh .....

The people that thought this was a good idea are gobshites of the highest order. But we ll get through it.

Bod Mor

Quote from: moysider on August 28, 2014, 12:51:23 AM
Quote from: mayoman dan on August 28, 2014, 12:25:02 AM
Predictions anybody?

I am.

Cheers Moy i was given the same advice as yourself from a Galway man that works in Limerick every day to head to Portunma and on to Nenagh and go in that way but your on the wrong side of the city for the Gaelic Grounds then.This really is unbelievable slobbering to get to a game.

You head  for Parteen from Killaloe and that will take you up to Thomond, which is as close to Gaelic Grounds as you could hope for. Of course if we all do that we ll create another jam! But if you stay on the N7 into the city from Nenagh .....

The people that thought this was a good idea are gobshites of the highest order. But we ll get through it.

There's a great little shortcut you take when you know traffic will be backed up on the Ennis road (which it will be on Saturday). After Gort, head out the R458 towards Tulla, head out then through Kilkeshin and sixmilebridge and follow that road til it takes you to the old cratloe road and then onto the LIT. Used to knock nearly half an hour off our trips years back when I was in the old LIT!
I heard the Davin Arms is closed I heard so mot sure where the best watering hole for a pre\post match pint would be.
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

Farrandeelin

How many thousand cars will be en route? 6/7k all at the same time? It'll be some nightmare. As for my prediction, with Mayo not knowing what XV are available yet due to Keegan's appeal, and the fact Donaghy cauaed so much pandemonium the last day, I can only see a Kerry win. Mayo players to play well for 25 mins of the game. Kerry by 7. :(
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ballinaman

Is it time to PANIC yet re travel ?!Times are getting earlier and earlier from what I'm hearing.

Reminds me of going to college and getting the train to Dublin. Every Sunday myself and few lads would take bets on when we could get people to start standing up from, just have to stand up and reach for your bag and the domino affect would happen. I think between Clara and Portarlington was the record...no iPods are laptops in my day for entertainment.

ballinaman