Championship draw 2015

Started by GalwayBayBoy, October 09, 2014, 04:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Will they all have to agree on an eventual winner? Will that team then be given Sam?
Sure I can listen to all sorts of experts making predictions about games in any pub or GAA club any night and they will be just as valid/daft as these lads.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

You might think that rossfan but they will certainly not be as daft as these lads.

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on May 01, 2015, 02:02:32 PM
Will they all have to agree on an eventual winner? Will that team then be given Sam?
Sure I can listen to all sorts of experts making predictions about games in any pub or GAA club any night and they will be just as valid/daft as these lads.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14njUwJUg1I

tippabu

Was just looking over the draw there and worked out how the qualifiers might pan out. Before anyone gets their knickers in a twist i simlpy used league standings as to winners in each game

A side

Louth/Westmeath, Dublin/Longford, Kildare/Laois/Carlow, Clare/Limerick, Cavan/Monaghan, Fermanagh/Antrim, Roscommon/London

1st round Qualifiers: Carlow, Louth, Longford, Kildare, Limerick, Cavan, Antrim, London

A side semi finalists: Dublin/Laois, Cork/Clare, Sligo/Roscommon, Fermanagh/Monaghan

So Laois, Clare, Sligo, Fermanagh to play 4 of Carlow, Louth, Offaly, Kildare, Limerick, Cavan, Antrim, London in round 2

B side

Offaly/Longford, Wexford/Louth/Westmeath, Meath/Wicklow, Tipperary/Waterford, Leitrim/Galway, Derry/Down, Tyrone/Donegal/Armagh

1st round qualifiers: Offaly, Wexford, Wicklow, Waterford, Leitrim, Derry, Tyrone, Armagh

B side semi fianlists: Meath/Westmeath, Kerry/Tipperary, Mayo/Galway, Donegal/Down

So Westmeath, Tipperary, Galway, Down to play 4 of Longford, Wexford, Wicklow, Waterford, Leitrim, Derry, Tyrone, Armagh

Just did this for a sense of the sort of strenght on each side of the draw

Teams in Bold confirmed in qualifiers

Farrandeelin

How are Offaly/Longford in both A and B?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

tippabu

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 05, 2015, 08:45:21 PM
How are Offaly/Longford in both A and B?

Loser goes to one side winner goes to the other, same with another game in leinster. They are the only two games where teams can be in either side

naka

Quote from: tippabu on May 05, 2015, 04:19:48 PM
Was just looking over the draw there and worked out how the qualifiers might pan out. Before anyone gets their knickers in a twist i simlpy used league standings as to winners in each game

A side

Louth/Westmeath, Dublin/Offaly/Longford, Kildare/Laois/Carlow, Clare/Limerick, Cavan/Monaghan, Fermanagh/Antrim

1st round Qualifiers: Carlow, Louth, Offaly, Kildare, Limerick, Cavan, Antrim

A side semi finalists: Dublin/Laois, Cork/Clare, Sligo/Roscommon, Fermanagh/Monaghan

So Laois, Clare, Sligo, Fermanagh to play 4 of Carlow, Louth, Offaly, Kildare, Limerick, Cavan, Antrim in round 2

B side

Offaly/Longford, Wexford/Louth/Westmeath, Meath/Wicklow, Tipperary/Waterford, Leitrim/Galway, Roscommon/London, Derry/Down, Tyrone/Donegal/Armagh

1st round qualifiers: Longford, Wexford, Wicklow, Waterford, Leitrim, London, Derry, Tyrone, Armagh

B side semi fianlists: Meath/Westmeath, Kerry/Tipperary, Mayo/Galway, Donegal/Down

So Westmeath, Tipperary, Galway, Down to play 4 of Longford, Wexford, Wicklow, Waterford, Leitrim, London, Derry, Tyrone, Armagh

tiipabu
how did you work these out

tippabu

Quote from: naka on May 06, 2015, 04:37:38 PM
Quote from: tippabu on May 05, 2015, 04:19:48 PM

A side

Louth/Westmeath, Dublin/Offaly/Longford, Kildare/Laois/Carlow, Clare/Limerick, Cavan/Monaghan, Fermanagh/Antrim

1st round Qualifiers: Carlow, Louth, Offaly, Kildare, Limerick, Cavan, Antrim

So Laois, Clare, Sligo, Fermanagh to play 4 of Carlow, Louth, Offaly, Kildare, Limerick, Cavan, Antrim in round 2

B side

Offaly/Longford, Wexford/Louth/Westmeath, Meath/Wicklow, Tipperary/Waterford, Leitrim/Galway, Roscommon/London, Derry/Down, Tyrone/Donegal/Armagh

1st round qualifiers: Longford, Wexford, Wicklow, Waterford, Leitrim, London, Derry, Tyrone, Armagh

So Westmeath, Tipperary, Galway, Down to play 4 of Longford, Wexford, Wicklow, Waterford, Leitrim, London, Derry, Tyrone, Armagh

tiipabu
how did you work these out

From The wallchart on the gaa website, as I said above I just used league positions for match results to give an example

tippabu

Just noticed i had a mistake in the original post, had london/roscommon on the wrong side of the draw, changed now. Think its all correct by my working out but im open to correction