Home Heating Oil - Beware!!!

Started by Tommo2, October 06, 2010, 09:35:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: the Deel Rover on October 06, 2010, 11:16:20 AM
Quote from: Main Street on October 06, 2010, 10:32:33 AM
Quote from: clarshack on October 06, 2010, 09:50:20 AM
i have a lock on the oil tank so i'm sure no one stole any of it. i
You have to put a lock on your heating oil tank?
Are there people who roam around in the night time  conspiring to syphon the fuel out of your oil tank?
True Diesel?

they roam around the day time as well main street doesn't have to be dark. i was talking to a lad who is building a house and they cleared out rads, hot tank , copper pipping the lot
That's definitely a cruel experience,  but a house under construction is one thing,  an occupied house in a neighbourhood is another - presumably with the heating oil tank in the back garden?

the Deel Rover

loads of oil been stolen down our way from occupied houses these fcukers have nothing to do all day but drive around looking for targets , i have a lock on my oil tank
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

orangeman

Quote from: the Deel Rover on October 06, 2010, 11:45:39 AM
loads of oil been stolen down our way from occupied houses these fcukers have nothing to do all day but drive around looking for targets , i have a lock on my oil tank
[/b]

Not worth a damn - they just cut a hole in the tank and on they go.

Locks only keep honest people out, isn't that what they say.

Main Street

:)
For what you refer to as honest people, I'd say -  lazy dishonest people.

johnneycool

Quote from: orangeman on October 06, 2010, 12:42:38 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on October 06, 2010, 11:45:39 AM
[/b]

Not worth a damn - they just cut a hole in the tank and on they go.

Locks only keep honest people out, isn't that what they say.

And then you need a new tank as well!!

Tommo2

think we are getting off the point. Its the delivery drivers not putting in the correct amount, rather than people actually coming and stealing the oil, once it is in.

The Iceman

Hold on a minute here. I have delivered oil and if you have the meter set up to legal standards it prints directly to the receipt how many litres were pumped.  No Oil is left in the hose. Once the correct amount of oil is pumped from the tank the valve shuts off but the pump continues to run until the hose is clear. There might be a litre maximum left in coating or whatever but by no means is there 25 litres in the hose.

If you are getting ripped off then go to a reputable dealer instead of trying to save pennies on the litre by going to a cowboy outfit.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Billys Boots

Ask for their Weights and Measures certification.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Tyrones own

Quote from: The Iceman on October 06, 2010, 02:43:34 PM
Hold on a minute here. I have delivered oil and if you have the meter set up to legal standards it prints directly to the receipt how many litres were pumped.  No Oil is left in the hose. Once the correct amount of oil is pumped from the tank the valve shuts off but the pump continues to run until the hose is clear. There might be a litre maximum left in coating or whatever but by no means is there 25 litres in the hose.

If you are getting ripped off then go to a reputable dealer instead of trying to save pennies on the litre by going to a cowboy outfit.
Thats fair enough but there's nothing stopping the driver from pumping the
First 100 or whatever back into his tank before filling your tank....that way you
Get receipt for 900 but only get the 800, very easy to do at a house when no ones
Home.
Weights and measures keep a fairly close eye on dispensing meters and they'd be
fcuked if caught messing with the calibration.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

pintsofguinness

Are there people who roam around in the night time  conspiring to syphon the fuel out of your oil tank?
True Diesel?

Jeeze, where have you been?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Iceman

And how would he pump it back into the tank please tell us?

The Fill connections are on the top of the tanker for one. Based on Weights and Measures Derv or Kero or whatever is being stored is recorded on the way in and the way out..... it would have to be some cowboy outfit to be at that craic.

Like I said before find a decent supplier. You get what you pay for.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

rosnarun

True Diesel?

they roam around the day time as well main street doesn't have to be dark. i was talking to a lad who is building a house and they cleared out rads, hot tank , copper pipping the lot
think that's bad we had a shed full of turf taken
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Tyrones own

Quote from: The Iceman on October 06, 2010, 06:12:11 PM
And how would he pump it back into the tank please tell us?

The Fill connections are on the top of the tanker for one. Based on Weights and Measures Derv or Kero or whatever is being stored is recorded on the way in and the way out..... it would have to be some cowboy outfit to be at that craic.

Like I said before find a decent supplier. You get what you pay for.
Are you saying its not possible IM....do you really believe there aren't people
Capable of such an act especially in this economy
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

the Deel Rover

You cant be serious ros lmao
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

caughtredhanded

Quote from: rosnarun on October 06, 2010, 09:58:28 PM
True Diesel?

think that's bad we had a shed full of turf taken
I've a real bad f@#ker of a dog tied up at the oil tank. There has been a big problem with oil being stolen in our area and its true, they just drill a big hole in the side of your tank to run the oil out of it. Not only are you out a fill of oil but you have to buy a new tank as well.

I hope he eats the arses of them if they creep round my house.