Áth Cliath V An Dún. 7 30pm 02 Aibreain 2011

Started by 5 Sams, March 22, 2011, 02:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

Quote from: PAULD123 on April 01, 2011, 03:58:46 PM
Quote from: amallon on April 01, 2011, 03:52:00 PM
Can I people pay at the gate for this game?

You certainly will be able to buy a ticket on the night. It won't be a sell out and the GAA is not likely to turn down your good money!

This is the Dublin GAA website info -
Ticket Information for Saturday 2nd April - Dublin hurlers v Kilkenny (5.15); Dublin footballers v Down (7.30) - Music Act Jedward (6.45)

General Sale
Tickets are on sale from http://www.gaa.ie  http://www.ticketmaster.ie  or The GAA Ticket Office – Dorset Street. Opening times 9.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
On Saturday tickets will be on sale from mobile ticket unites in the vacinity of Croke Park.

Allow plenty of time for queuing if you are hoping to buy them at the office opposite Gills pub. A shambles of an operation there.

Dubh driocht

Got an e-mail about my season-ticket - it went to junk-mail and needs to be printed to get in .
Cushty seats in section 329  Lower Hogan- ideal for a close-up of Jedward, Henry Shefflin and Kalum King.

NP 76

Dubh driocht got them printed earlier section 329 row nn lower hogan should be dry if the rain comes on was talking to another man and he is in the same section all Down season tickets must be together.Cant wait

PAULD123

Quote from: NP 76 on April 01, 2011, 07:31:22 PM
Dubh driocht got them printed earlier section 329 row nn lower hogan should be dry if the rain comes on was talking to another man and he is in the same section all Down season tickets must be together.Cant wait

Me too Section 329 row PP.

SHEEDY

Quote from: PAULD123 on April 01, 2011, 08:11:21 PM
Quote from: NP 76 on April 01, 2011, 07:31:22 PM

Me too Section 329 row PP.
me too!!! happy with the seats and the fact all down season ticket holders seem to be together
nil satis nisi optimum

No1

Quote« Reply #46 on: Today at 10:00:58 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: No1 on Today at 08:33:14 AM
If the rumour I heard this morning is true, Benny is going to be out for quite a while.

i hope this is an april fools, just like the Dublin team with no Bernard Brogan

april fools we aint falling for that

f**k sake, not even one bite!!

Really looking forward to this game, has the potential to be very open and entertaining.  Lets hope it doesn't disappoint.

Down by a goal (Benny is due one)!

Oldhacker

It's a little surprising that there is apparently no announcement of the Down side less than 20 hours before the throw-in of such a big game, and there will inevitably be fears that we have a late inury or two to deal with. Most Down supporters expected an unchanged tean, but presumably the morning papers will have the line-up.

Regardless of that, it is a fascinating match which, on the basis of league form so far, and with a bit of luck, could be quite a spectacle. Dublin have been sweeping  all before them, but still conceding a little more than they would like, while Down, apart from the last 15 minutes away to Cork, have looked as though we fully deserve to be in the top half of division one.

It's quite a while since we played Dublin in the league, and I can remember being on the wrong end of a couple of thumpings in the mid-90s. There was one game at Newry when heavy traffic meant we were late arriving and the ball came over the terracing at the town end as we went through the turnstiles. It turned out to be an early penalty from Ross resulting in a point which meant that we missed our only score that day. Dublin finished with an ordinary enough 1-7, which was enough to give them a nine-point win. Hopefully, it will be a little closer tomorrow.

Out in Front

James McCartan has named the following line up for tomorrow nights match v Dublin in Croke Park (from Down website)

Declan Alder   (Ceathrú Aodha Dhuibh),
Gerard McCartan   (Boireann)
Dan Gordon   (Loch an Oileáin)
Brendan McArdle   (Eanach Chlúain)
Conor Garvey   (Droichead Mhaigh Éo)
Kevin McKernan   (Boireann)
Declan Rooney   (Boireann)
Peter Fitzpatrick (Baile Mhairtín)
Kalum King   (Áth Bhriain)
Daniel Hughes   (Sabhaill)
Mark Poland   (Cloch Fhada)
Conor Maginn   (Áth Bhriain)
Paul McComiskey   (Dún Droma)
Ronan Murtagh   (Baile Cholmáin)
Martin Clarke   (An Ríocht)

Mourne Rover

Murtagh in, Benny out - otherwise unchanged. The use of substitutes on both sides may be crucial.

PAULD123

With Murtagh in and Benny out it is just as well No.1 admitted his comment about Benny was an April fool or I may have started to get a bit worried.

James has continued his policy of playing fundamentally his best side with just a tweak or two to help develop the squad overall. Personally I think thsi is the best idea. I don't believe you learn much from experimenting with wholesale changes, you don't find out how the new players will perform in the team you just find out what a totally different team will play like.

So that just leaves us to consider what the changes will be. No bench has been named so, as James normally has a plan for these in advance,  who do people think will coem in during the game? I expect to see Dan come in for McCardle, and Benny to swap with Murtagh at some point. Other than that it would be nice to see Dee Rafferty touch the ball, Colgan get a bit of a turn at midfield. I woudl love to see Liam doyle on the pitch but have no idea if he is fit enough yet. What do others think?

Out in Front

This changed team appeared later on the Down website than the on posted previously

James McCartan has named the following line up for tomorrow nights match v Dublin in Croke Park
Brendan McVeigh   (An Riocht),
Gerard McCartan   (Boireann)
Dan Gordon   (Loch an Oileáin)
Brendan McArdle   (Eanach Chlúain)
Conor Garvey   (Droichead Mhaigh Éo)
Kevin McKernan   (Boireann)
Declan Rooney   (Boireann)
Peter Fitzpatrick (Baile Mhairtín)
Kalum King   (Áth Bhriain)
Daniel Hughes   (Sabhaill)
Mark Poland   (Cloch Fhada)
Conor Maginn   (Áth Bhriain)
Paul McComiskey   (Dún Droma)
Brendan Coulter   (Droichead Mhaigh Éo)
Martin Clarke   (An Ríocht)

Dubh driocht

Either team will do me. Bring on the Dubs and stick a wedge on the Ulstermen at 9 to 4.You will see Brogan before half-time but he won't have heard how good Gerard Mc Cartan is .Benny to cut loose,Mc Kernan to find his shooting boots, KK and Bastick to have a few fall-outs and Rony Murtagh to come on and score 1-5 in the last ten.

Declan

Alan and Bernard's grandfather died last night  - RIP

downredblack

Rain on in Dublin , wet ball the night .

Condolences to the Brogan family .

borderfox

Hard Luck On Down. Deserved a draw I thought
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.