Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

I think United are playing very well of late, and the defence has a more solid look about it now with the return of Vidic and Rio.  I would be confident of beating Chelsea but again there is alot of room for potential slip-ups in the remaining games for both United and Chelsea, whereas Arsenal are the ones I would secretly fancy to sneak the title. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

full back

Didnt see the game live but from the highlights it was a walk in the park.

The defence is looking tighter that it has done all season which is a bonus.

Still far too reliant on Rooney although Berba played better than he normally does.

Will be a tough game against the scousers next week who always raise their game for .
The bitch hasnt been in the best of form lately so hopefully Vidic can exact some sort of revenge for the last few games when she has destroyed him

EC Unique

Liverpool have a game tomorrow night and another on Thursday. Add to that their current form and apparent fallouts Utd should beat them handy enough. With the last few results coupled with the 3 points being so important in the run in there should be no need for harsh words from Fergie.  They have nobody that should get anywhere near stopping Rooney and I would expect Valencia to cause them a lot of bother. I would expect Vida to kick lumps out of the ladyboy. ;D

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: EC Unique on March 15, 2010, 12:37:35 PM
Liverpool have a game tomorrow night and another on Thursday. Add to that their current form and apparent fallouts Utd should beat them handy enough. With the last few results coupled with the 3 points being so important in the run in there should be no need for harsh words from Fergie.  They have nobody that should get anywhere near stopping Rooney and I would expect Valencia to cause them a lot of bother. I would expect Vida to kick lumps out of the ladyboy. ;D

another sending off then?  ::)
usually would be quite confident going into these liverpool v united games but as EC has pointed out 2 games this week before the united game, playing terrible stuff and rooney flying at the minute, its hard to see liverpool getting a result.
A point from the united game would be a great result.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

ross4life

i sense a lot of over confidence about the upcoming Liverpool Game! have you guys forgotten the last time they beat us during there worst run of results in their history!

form goes out the window in these Games, & the Way Rafa Set's up his Team united always find's it them hard to break down so I'll be more than happy with a 1-0 win that come's off Rooney's ass

IMO United will win the Title if they can beat Both Chelsea & Liverpool
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

new devil

City away is the one i'am most worried about,they are going to be up for it big time

ross4life

yep City away is one Game i Expect united to slip up in but on the Same Day Arsenal are away to Wigan, while Chelsea are away to Spurs

United v Chelsea Game is a Real 6 pointer & a Draw will be a great Result for Arsenal
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

AFS

Glad Liverpool had a good win tonight. Knock any lingering complacency on its head.

ross4life

the Chelsea v inter result might be important for the title race

Quarter final 1st leg March 30/31
Chelsea (H) April 3rd
Quarter final 2nd leg April 6th/7th

if they get knocked out tonight then only united have to play those fixtures  :-\

EC Unique

Quote from: ross4life on March 16, 2010, 04:28:46 PM

Chelsea (H) April 3rd

if they get knocked out tonight then only united have to play those fixtures  :-\

Indeed Ross. They can now put 100% effort into premier league. :(

paco

For whoever came up with the latest title of this thread, and the rest of you saying all of this about Rooney, have any of you watched any games outside the Premiership this season?

ross4life

Madrid and Chelsea both out
Who would have thought that, they must have been second and third favourites around Christmas time?

So the team's left now are:

United
Inter
Cska
Arsenal
Lyon
Bayern
Olympiakos/Bordeaux
Barca/Stuttgart

hope united avoid inter or barca

CSKA rematch will do  8) or maybe not with the long traveling distance

under the bar

Quotehope united avoid inter or barca

CSKA rematch will do   or maybe not with the long traveling distance

I think Fergie would want Barca now.  Get that disappointing night in Rome put to bed.

stiffler

Quote from: EC Unique on March 16, 2010, 09:38:10 PM
Quote from: ross4life on March 16, 2010, 04:28:46 PM

Chelsea (H) April 3rd

Indeed Ross. They can now put 100% effort into premier league. :(

fa cup?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Shrewdness