Ulster SFC Championship

Started by Dinny Breen, April 23, 2007, 09:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Now that the league is over who is going to win it?

Armagh
Antrim
Cavan
Monaghan
Tyone
Donegal
Fermanagh
Derry
Down

BallyhaiseMan

amallon

The 3 people who voted for Down have to be Down men!  ;D

What way do the neutrals think the Down Cavan game will go? 
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

full back

Will be shocked to see anything other than a Cavan victory, unless Down can reproduce the character they showed against Armagh, if this is the case they have a chance

winsamsoon

This years Ulster is as competitive as it has been for a long while. It is partly down to all the fancied teams being in one side of the draw. ie Armagh Donegal and Tyrone. Let's not forget Derry and Cavan. The Donegal, Armagh game will be a tight encounter. It has the making of a real cracker championship game. It will be hard hitting ( as Donegal  now look capable of coping with anyone physically in Ireland) you will also see the emergence of a more youthful Armagh side bolstered by the seasoned campaigners of Mc Geeney, Mc Nulty, Mc Donnell, Mc Grane and Marsden. Two great teams it will be a shame to loose on of them so early but i think the winner of this tie will go all the way.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

realredhandfan

Down wer nowhere when the 91 season started ....wounded animals.

Uladh

Donegal will beat armagh and tyrone will take care of them in the semis to go on and win ulster.

that said, i think armagh could go further than both through the back door.

cavan4ever

Quote from: full back on April 23, 2007, 03:32:39 PM
Will be shocked to see anything other than a Cavan victory, unless Down can reproduce the character they showed against Armagh, if this is the case they have a chance

Unless Cavan get the midfield sorted and fullback they will be in big bother against Down.

Six Inch Nail

Its hard to look past Donegal, even before yesterdays win they look the best in Ulster.  Although I was very concerned going into last years Ulster Final and we came out on top.  Donegal have now broken their duck as far as winning something goes.  However, how will they cope now being strong favourites?  I think they might do it.
Silverbridge Harps GAC, Co. Armagh

off the laces

alot of people going for donegal i have to say after their performance yesterday i think they will not be far away,although as it galls me to say it armagh will be tough to beat with their full panel back.
Keeps 'er' straight

An Cloch Scoilte

I think everyone will need to be wary of Tyrone come the championship. Remember they will have had a good lay off of about 8 weeks before the Fermanagh game, and after surrendering their All-Ireland so tamely last year will be out to make up for it. If they get past Fermanagh-which they should- they are one big game away from an Ulster Final!!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: An Cloch Scoilte on April 23, 2007, 09:50:42 PM
I think everyone will need to be wary of Tyrone come the championship. Remember they will have had a good lay off of about 8 weeks before the Fermanagh game, and after surrendering their All-Ireland so tamely last year will be out to make up for it. If they get past Fermanagh-which they should- they are one big game away from an Ulster Final!!

Nah, nah, not at all, no need to be wary of us, why none at all...  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

johnpower

Tyrone are still the team to beat although Armagh Tyrone and Donegal should make the last 8 if they time it right and can avoid any injuries .

The Real Laoislad

Can't see anyone only Tyrone or Donegal i think Armagh are past it (cue angry Armagh heads to tell me otherwise ;))
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Pangurban

He who laughs last,laughs longest. Beware the Red and Black. Got to go,my medications ready

J70

45% for Donegal?!!

If they were on the other side of the draw, I would agree, but I think we're seeing a bit of false modesty from some of the Armagh and Tyrone lads!

Armagh are going to hit Donegal like a tonne of bricks! Until we see how that turns out, I wouldn't be putting money on Donegal for Ulster.

Its Tyrone for me.