Ulster SFC Championship

Started by Dinny Breen, April 23, 2007, 09:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Now that the league is over who is going to win it?

Armagh
Antrim
Cavan
Monaghan
Tyone
Donegal
Fermanagh
Derry
Down

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: J70 on April 24, 2007, 01:18:34 AM
45% for Donegal?!!

If they were on the other side of the draw, I would agree, but I think we're seeing a bit of false modesty from some of the Armagh and Tyrone lads!

Armagh are going to hit Donegal like a tonne of bricks! Until we see how that turns out, I wouldn't be putting money on Donegal for Ulster.

Its Tyrone for me.

Nah J70, why do we always feel the need to undersell ourselves?

This is one of the best Donegal sides in a long time, we will be meeting an Armagh side in transition (turmoil!) certainly never underestimate the orangemen, but our lads have a point to prove against Armagh especially!!! They'll defo be up for it, and plenty of confidence and match practice.

As for Tyrone, can't deny they have been a great side in the past, but we are more then capable of beating them (they seem to be living on past reputations. Also Fermanagh may have something to say about who's in the semis against us!  ;)
Tbc....

oneillcup2007

As for Tyrone, can't deny they have been a great side in the past, but we are more then capable of beating them (they seem to be living on past reputations. Also Fermanagh may have something to say about who's in the semis against us!
Bollix. So Donegals already in the semis.  I suppose the party still going strong celebrating Sundays big win.  Enjoy it to the full.. lads. 

nrico2006

Im glad that Donegal won the league, it combined with tyrones indifferent league form has lessened expectations of the red hand men.  Armagh are going to do very little nationally this year, they have too many old heads as everyone knows, and are missing Clarke aswell.  I still feel they will beat Donegal in the first round, but believe Donegal will have a good run in the championships.  They had a good league win, but met extremely weakened mayo, dublin, kerry and tyrone sides.  People seem to forget the tanking tyrone give them in the mckenna cup final with near enough the same team they had out on sunday.  I still fancy Tyrone to win Ulster and reach the all ireland final again this year, the break will do them good and with Cavanagh returning and hopefully McGuigan then their football will do the talking.  Still a relatively young tyrone side with quite a few years left yet.

On another note, I have to say I wasnt very upset at seeing Ciaran Bonner flattened on Sunday.  I immediately remembered his cowardly attack on Eamonn Maguire, but the only difference was that Bonner received a fair shoulder on Sunday.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Bogball XV

Having thought long and hard about it - Tyrone have to be the selection, with Derry and Donegal being the other main contenders.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: oneillcup2007 on April 24, 2007, 11:27:17 AM
As for Tyrone, can't deny they have been a great side in the past, but we are more then capable of beating them (they seem to be living on past reputations. Also Fermanagh may have something to say about who's in the semis against us!
Bollix. So Donegals already in the semis.  I suppose the party still going strong celebrating Sundays big win.  Enjoy it to the full.. lads. 

Sorry should I have said IMO! Also did you miss the wink at the end?

BTW yes still celebrating the win! As you would be if Tyrone had been there.

My point is that there is nothing wrong with Donegal gaining confidence from this league campaign, we won it well beating all the major players on the way (well most of them!).
I'm happy enough for the Tyrone and Armagh boys to write us off in the Anglo-Celt, because I do believe that this Donegal side have the players and manager to win us more silverware this year!

P.S You shouldn't be writing off Fermanagh, yes they may be in a bit of a state at the minute, but they still have most of the team that wewnt on the run a few seasons ago! All it takes is one good performance on the day!
Tbc....

tyroneman

Let's not forget Derry and Cavan

No......Lets

J70

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 24, 2007, 12:22:28 PM

On another note, I have to say I wasnt very upset at seeing Ciaran Bonner flattened on Sunday.  I immediately remembered his cowardly attack on Eamonn Maguire, but the only difference was that Bonner received a fair shoulder on Sunday.

Utter f**king shite.

Bonner had been allowed back onto the pitch. Maguire didn't see him. That, and the fact that Bonner is twice his size is why he was hurt, not because of any "cowardly attack" on Bonner's part.

An Port Mor

QuoteOn another note, I have to say I wasnt very upset at seeing Ciaran Bonner flattened on Sunday.  I immediately remembered his cowardly attack on Eamonn Maguire, but the only difference was that Bonner received a fair shoulder on Sunday.

Cowardly Attack!! Maybe if he was playing Basketball!! You'd think he hit him with a glass bottle.

It was a reasonable shoulder, but Maguire wasn't expecting it. Unfortunate that he was badly injured, but no moreso than Bonnar's injury on Sunday.

Star Spangler

QuoteNah J70, why do we always feel the need to undersell ourselves?
I don't know about that.  I remember talking to a pharmacist in Ballyshannon after the All Ireland in 92 and he reckoned that we'd seen nothing yet, that Donegal would win the next two All Irelands.

neutral

cavanmaniac

If the one person to vote for Cavan wasn't from Cavan, I'd like them to step forward and explain their logic now please...there must be something I missed!

Donegal for me. People are loathe not to simply say 'Tyrone' or 'Armagh' simply because of the standards of recent years, and so are playing safe, but the red hands and apple boys have their problems. There might be a kick left in Ulster's big two and they'll still be hard beat for sure especially in qualifiers, but Donegal look like the new force about to emerge, for me anyway.

ExiledGael

Ciaran Bonner took advantage of a dangerous loose rule in the game and hit the smallest man on the pitch on his blindside as hard as he could. He could easily have nicked the ball out of his hands and turned over possession, Maguire was only just past the Fermanagh defensive 21 yard line.
Possession wasn't his aim, simple as that!
Coward

ziggysego

I personally think that Tyrone will bow out early in the Ulster Senior Championship.. by Donegal.

However, I think we'll come back strong in the All Ireland Championship, making it at least to the Semis.
Testing Accessibility

Uladh

Quote from: ExiledGael on April 24, 2007, 04:27:27 PM
Ciaran Bonner took advantage of a dangerous loose rule in the game and hit the smallest man on the pitch on his blindside as hard as he could. He could easily have nicked the ball out of his hands and turned over possession, Maguire was only just past the Fermanagh defensive 21 yard line.
Possession wasn't his aim, simple as that!
Coward

Boo f**king Hoo

ExiledGael

Not crying at all, just stating I certainly wasn't crying when Bonner was flattened on Sunday