Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: BennyCake on July 27, 2019, 05:47:46 PM
Seriously, what's going to change for the new season?

United will more than likely start the season with a back three of De Gea, Smalling and Jones. Need I say more?

Ole will be gone by end of January.

The circus will continue.

We get it at this stage that you don't rate De Gea but any notion he one of our problems is   ;D

Hound

The thing I noticed about Lindelof is that he cares. Really cares. Like a Neville or Carragher type.  And while he'd a few hiccups early on, there's no doubt he has quality.  I think he'll be a rock this year for yis. Although, as you've all been saying, he needs a good partner.

BennyCake

Quote from: Boycey on July 27, 2019, 09:00:18 PM

United will more than likely start the season with a back three of De Gea, Smalling and Jones. Need I say more?

We get it at this stage that you don't rate De Gea but any notion he one of our problems is   ;D

He's certainly not one of the answers

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on July 27, 2019, 07:35:41 PM

Lindelof is clearly United's best CB. He will start the season as first choice. The Maguire deal will be done too.

United will be better this season. But not better enough to bother the top two.

Would expect better alright as United's fitness for the first 5 months of last season was appalling and had a manager that simply wanted out. Agree on Lindelof and he will likely excel more if a good player is signed to partner him in the centre of defence. Playing along side the likes of Young and Jones would make most defenders look poor.

Midfield still an issue also if you are left to rely on static Matic to bring some energy to the engine room of the team.

nrico2006

Supposed to be fitter, press more etc but only basically linked with British players and still have some amount of deadwood in Young, Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Damiam etc. Don't score enough yet selling a striker with no obvious replacement lined up. Martial in his best position could be the answer. Why Maguire for that money instead of Koulibaly?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

GJL

Seems the Fernandez deal is getting close.

trailer

GJL

Quote from: trailer on July 29, 2019, 08:59:19 AM
Quote from: GJL on July 28, 2019, 04:30:35 PM

Who?

Bruno Fernandez. Portugese midfielder. Currently at Sporting Lisbon.

J70

He looked very good against Liverpool the other night.

under the bar

Quote from: GJL on July 28, 2019, 04:30:35 PM

Which prob means he'll sign for City!  :P

NAG1

Whats the latest then on the Maguire deal, are they holding out to the last minute or is it dead in the water?

BennyCake

Quote from: NAG1 on July 29, 2019, 11:45:32 AM
Whats the latest then on the Maguire deal, are they holding out to the last minute or is it dead in the water?

More importantly, any word on someone taking De Gea?

under the bar

Quote from: BennyCake on July 29, 2019, 11:53:43 AM

Apparently Linfield wanted to take him on a free transfer but his wages were too much.  ::)

johnnycool

Quote from: under the bar on July 29, 2019, 12:01:57 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 29, 2019, 11:53:43 AM

Apparently Linfield wanted to take him on a free transfer but his wages were too much.  ::)

Not so. De Gea can top up his wages by working part time for Russell Cellars. He just doesn't like the uniform.

nrico2006

Apparently the Savic deal is also close.  Can believe nothing.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'