AISF Mayo v Dublin

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

Jinxy

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 30, 2015, 06:53:00 PM
What happened to O'Carroll anyway? Off after 3 minutes pumping blood and never reappeared. RTE never seemed to show a replay of what caused it. Unless I missed it.

Probably a wayward headbutt attempt by Philly McMahon.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

muppet

Quote from: bridgegael on August 30, 2015, 06:56:17 PM
There is a lot of "i never saw it but o connor punched him"  on twitter.

Would these be the same geniuses who booed O'Shea because McMahon tried to headbutt him and bravely fell down holding his face?
MWWSI 2017

INDIANA

Quote from: muppet on August 30, 2015, 06:59:41 PM

Would these be the same geniuses who booed O'Shea because McMahon tried to headbutt him and bravely fell down holding his face?

Or when Lee Keegan got Connolly sent off? Or when Aidan O Shea gave ROC 11 stitches.

Blowitupref

Great comeback by Mayo when all seemed lost however when they watch that game back they will know their wastefulness from play is why they didn't win that game today. Andy Moran off the bench on 45mins played nearly scored as much from play as the rest of the Mayo team combined.

O Connor unlikely to score 1-9 from placed balls in the replay so to win the next day Mayo will need Doherty, D O'Connor, K McLoughlin, A O'Shea to step up and get the scores.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Zulu

Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 30, 2015, 06:32:49 PM
Quote from: Zulu on August 30, 2015, 06:24:09 PM
Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 30, 2015, 06:14:55 PM
Quote from: Zulu on August 30, 2015, 06:11:17 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 30, 2015, 05:12:57 PM
Meh. At least we have the hurling next week to look foward too.

Zzzzzzzzzzz. Stick to the soccer.

Aren't you the fella who said Kildare fans should have been happy with their 27 point defeat to Kerry? :D I don't think you're in any position to talk.

No surprise you don't understand the point I was making. You haven't made a single logically post yet - Dublin's millions blah blah blah, repeat on all posts regardless of discussion.

I don't think anyone understands how you think Kildare fans should be happy with a 27 point defeat. :D
The millions Dublin gets is the central issue in the GAA! It's leading to other teams being forced to spend millions to try to match them and it's leaving other counties miles behind.
It's not something that you'd appreciate though, maybe you should go watch some soccer. :D

It's only the central point in your mind. Oh and misquoting me doesn't help your cause.

Zulu

Quote from: hardstation on August 30, 2015, 06:51:41 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on August 30, 2015, 06:48:14 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on August 30, 2015, 06:36:34 PM
Kerry will beat the winners of this with some ease

I can't fathom statements like this at all. Did you actually watch last week's game or are you just using a stupid quote generator?

Kerry only just about saw off the weakest of the quarter finalists, and as usual they had to call on an unhealthy dose of cynicism to get there too.
Tyrone were the weakest of the quarter finalists? And you are getting high and mighty about stupid quotes??

Tyrone were the weakest by some distance, I didn't think that was up for debate.

muppet

Quote from: INDIANA on August 30, 2015, 07:00:41 PM

Or when Lee Keegan got Connolly sent off? Or when Aidan O Shea gave ROC 11 stitches.

Connelly was completely possessed today. He was scrapping everyone and anyone including one smash on his own player. If I was Gavin I would have had him off at halftime. How he lasted as long as he did is a testament to the GAA's inability to referee their games.
MWWSI 2017

INDIANA

Quote from: muppet on August 30, 2015, 07:02:37 PM

Connelly was completely possessed today. He was scrapping everyone and anyone including one smash on his own player. If I was Gavin I would have had him off at halftime. How he lasted as long as he did is a testament to the GAA's inability to referee their games.

Lets hope Aidan O Se didn't try to gouge ROC. Because that's the rumour.

Only a pup does something like that.

Main Street

That's what I'd call a manly game, worthy of being the final and hard to credit that whoever gets through still have to play Kerry to win Sam. Dublin just about kept their finger in the dyke when faced with the Mayo juggernaut charge in the last few minutes.
i thought McQuillan put in an excellent effort to reff that game.

Zulu

Quote from: hardstation on August 30, 2015, 07:04:07 PM
Quote from: Zulu on August 30, 2015, 07:02:03 PM
Quote from: hardstation on August 30, 2015, 06:51:41 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on August 30, 2015, 06:48:14 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on August 30, 2015, 06:36:34 PM
Kerry will beat the winners of this with some ease

I can't fathom statements like this at all. Did you actually watch last week's game or are you just using a stupid quote generator?

Kerry only just about saw off the weakest of the quarter finalists, and as usual they had to call on an unhealthy dose of cynicism to get there too.
Tyrone were the weakest of the quarter finalists? And you are getting high and mighty about stupid quotes??

Tyrone were the weakest by some distance, I didn't think that was up for debate.
Are you mad?

Sorry just noticed the typo, definitely the weakest semi final team

Wildweasel74

Standard of football very poor compared to last week game. I was hoping Mayo would win but how can any team expect to win an all-Ireland if they have scored 1 pt from play in 60mins. Mayo have not solved the problem of the past 5 years and find 2 scoring inside forwards which they so badly need to complete a fairly good team. i cannot see them beat Kerry if they overcome Dublin, they simply haven't the scoring power and seemed a one trick pony today with high aimless balls into the full forward line.

To the game, Don't think the Aidan O`Shea incident was a penalty, the Paul Flynn one was. Ciaran kilkenny was very good for Dublin and did not get involved in any of the carry on the rest of the dubs were at, The Dub`s scored alot of points from play, O`Connor for Mayo scored mostly frees. McCauley simply not fit and i would took him off after 20mins P Flynn very poor today.

Dublin done enough to win then folded when Mayo pushed up on the Keeper which they should done from day 1, Dublin lack options in midfield.  Dublin cant seem to tackle, who coached their defending?

Penalty was touch and go abit like Tyrone first one last week, though McMahon knee brought Boyle to ground on contact. A Moran made a mess of the goal chance through greed then messed up a easy point when 5 down from a free.

P McMahon - G, mouthing, off the ball pulling, lying down trying to get a man sent off (which i thought should been a black card as he cut of O`Shea going for the ball) you sure you no relations in Tyrone? hell forgot about the attempted headbutt on O`se only he was to small, wonder while this be revisited?

Connolly - Oh Boy, class footballer, very poor temper,  attempted follow through hit to a Mayo man on the ground prior to McMahon attempted wrestling move (headbutt) The incident with keegan was hard to make out, Keegan deliberately checked his run, then Connolly grabbed him and wrestled him to the ground, He got a straight red so i can only presume he hit Keegan or attempted to.

muppet

Quote from: INDIANA on August 30, 2015, 07:04:16 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 30, 2015, 07:02:37 PM

Lets hope Aidan O Se didn't try to gouge ROC. Because that's the rumour.

Only a pup does something like that.

Cop yourself on. The is no way O'Sé gouged anyone.
MWWSI 2017

BluestackBoy

Can I take it there will be no more sanctimonious lectures from Dubs about cynical Ulster teams or no more wittering about "how the game should be played"

No more, ever again.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Teo Lurley

Quote from: Zulu on August 30, 2015, 07:01:04 PM
Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 30, 2015, 06:32:49 PM
Quote from: Zulu on August 30, 2015, 06:24:09 PM
Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 30, 2015, 06:14:55 PM
Quote from: Zulu on August 30, 2015, 06:11:17 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 30, 2015, 05:12:57 PM
Meh. At least we have the hurling next week to look foward too.

Zzzzzzzzzzz. Stick to the soccer.

Aren't you the fella who said Kildare fans should have been happy with their 27 point defeat to Kerry? :D I don't think you're in any position to talk.

No surprise you don't understand the point I was making. You haven't made a single logically post yet - Dublin's millions blah blah blah, repeat on all posts regardless of discussion.

I don't think anyone understands how you think Kildare fans should be happy with a 27 point defeat. :D
The millions Dublin gets is the central issue in the GAA! It's leading to other teams being forced to spend millions to try to match them and it's leaving other counties miles behind.
It's not something that you'd appreciate though, maybe you should go watch some soccer. :D

It's only the central point in your mind. Oh and misquoting me doesn't help your cause.

You don't have a clue. Another one of yours was to give huge funding like Dublin get to Meath and Kildare!!!!! :D You're a joke.

JoG2

Quote from: hardstation on August 30, 2015, 07:02:57 PM

Lol.

Not beyond the realms of possibility re Keegan and Connolly.  I remember seeing a soccer clip were a player grabbed the others guys arm and punched himself with it.. Worked as well

Not a notion what happened with OCarroll,  it wasn't shown again.  Nasty cut by the looks of it.