How much do you pay for Sky?

Started by nrico2006, April 16, 2010, 10:39:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: Bensars on April 16, 2010, 12:11:10 PM
If you actually go through and cancel, they will soon change their minds.

Most talk about it and threaten it and it doesnt wash anymore, as they hear it 100s of times a day. If you actually go straight to cancellations and appear as if your not for turning you will be classed completely differently.

Once i cancelled i was recieving calls  and getting letters left right and centre with offers to get me to come back.

Even if you cancel you can reactivate at the click of a switch very quickly. ( although i think you are regarded as an existing user for up to 1 year after ). I would be amazed if they didnt change their stance.

Im amazed they backed you into a corner Screen. Think now how all those sheep feel around the 'Screen ! ;)
Exactly.  I actually wanted to cancel and because I was probably convincing they offered me a few deals. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Minder

Quote from: tyrone girl on April 16, 2010, 12:28:04 PM
Just checked their website - seems to be £199 for the sky plus box. Might have to give them a ring see what can do

I got Sky multiroom before Xmas, every customer is entitled to a free extra standard box but the extra Sky + box is £199. Don't really see a need for more than one Sky + box in the house but I suppose it depends whether you are the "boss" of the tv or not.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Shrek

Quote from: Minder on April 16, 2010, 04:03:54 PM
Just checked their website - seems to be £199 for the sky plus box. Might have to give them a ring see what can do

I got Sky multiroom before Xmas, every customer is entitled to a free extra standard box but the extra Sky + box is £199. Don't really see a need for more than one Sky + box in the house but I suppose it depends whether you are the "boss" of the tv or not.

i upgraded to sky + sometime last year for free with multi-room, wasnt long after i realised i certainly needed another Sky+ box. i got my 2nd one of e-bay for £30, i have since upgraded to Sky+HD.

pintsofguinness

I can't believe how much yous pay, are yous f**king mad in the head?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

€200 every two months for NTL Digital
You'll Never Walk Alone.

flantheman82

We already had sky+ so when we upgraded to HD, we just kept the original sky+ box for the other room and took up the multiroom.
Think all we had to pay was £49 for the HD box and as we moved our existing box into the other room, we didn't have anything else to pay.

lurganblue

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 16, 2010, 05:53:04 PM
I can't believe how much yous pay, are yous f**king mad in the head?

agree pints. Some of those prices are shocking and can't be value for money. I pay about £18 four the standard channels plus kids stuff and documentarys for myself. I had the movies at Christmas for a fiver extra and even found that wasn't worth it.

I don't think I'll ever get the sports as I'm happy with the amount that is shown on the likes of itv, BBC and rte. I also like to go out with friends to watch big matches.

The only extra I fancy is the HD but is there really much point as it would of course be limited. How much extra for HD?

Minder

Quote from: Shrek on April 16, 2010, 04:12:36 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 16, 2010, 04:03:54 PM

i upgraded to sky + sometime last year for free with multi-room, wasnt long after i realised i certainly needed another Sky+ box. i got my 2nd one of e-bay for £30, i have since upgraded to Sky+HD.

So is it just a matter of replacing the standard Sky box in another room and putting in a Sky + box and it works ok?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ziggysego

I've the standard package, plus documentaries and music. Since I have a HDTV, I went for the HD package too. HD is very good, but it depends what you're watching. BBC tend to show a lot of SD shows upgraded to near HD quality. As you can imagine, not quite the real deal.
Testing Accessibility

mylestheslasher

Jaysus some of ye are really recession proof. £100 a month for 100 channels full of shite!!

leenie

i was just onto sky and got a great deal....

we have been with sky for over 10yrs and had the bog standard box... we were paying £40 a month for our packages.. really peeved me that new customers got sky+ plus cheaper deals... the account is in my da's name, i said i was his daughter and he was looking to get rid of sky and just use freeview... i said i would try and see if i could get a better deal, i explained to sky that this was what i was doing as i wanted to negoiate with my da to persuade him not to cancel.. i told them i had been on to bt vision and that they were offering me near enough the same as sky but alot cheaper and a recording box... (had no intention of getting bt as they do not do rte) anyway they cut down the price of the package but i told them it was no good as i was the only one who watches movies but i never get to see them as they clash with other programmes and i couldn't afford to buy the sky+ box...

anyway to cut a long story short

i got our monthly bill down from £40 to £27 (keeping all the channels we watch)
I got a free sky hd + box
and i got free installation....

happy days... i think it depends on how you convince them.
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Farrandeelin

€35 per month. Only have Sky sports 1 though, as well as normal channels.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.