NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

I'm very confused by the suspensions. If the referee felt that the five players who have been issued with suspensions contributed to a melee why did he not red card them at the time?  I'd also like to know when he wrote his report and whether he spoke to anyone other than a match official or heard any coverage of the match before writing his report. To me it makes little sense. I wonder too will the CCCC get involved for anyone missed by the officials.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

mackers

Quote from: tyrone08 on March 30, 2022, 05:23:33 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on March 30, 2022, 05:00:40 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on March 30, 2022, 04:57:43 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on March 30, 2022, 04:50:37 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on March 30, 2022, 04:46:10 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on March 30, 2022, 01:48:37 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on March 30, 2022, 01:45:14 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on March 30, 2022, 01:28:02 PM
If Murphy struck on the full time whistle and there is no video evidence available, then I'm afraid that he will not be suspended. It doesn't mean that he is innocent, just that he didn't get caught.

Presumably both teams will have videoed  the match along with the actual TV footage but neither side are going to release footage incriminating their own players. Obviously the GAA have access to a lot more footage than we have seen publicly, otherwise I'm not sure how they could suspend the 3 Armagh lads who supposedly have received bans.

Either way there will appeals and counter appeals as this rumbles on for weeks.

As oisin said after the tyrone game, there shouldn't be any appeals. Tyrone should just take their medicine. Funny I haven't heard him say it this time.

Where was he interviewed?

Does he have to be interviewed to give his opinion? Isn't that what social media is for. He was passionate about the gaa drawing a line in the sand and saying enough is enough and that tyrone shouldn't appeal decisions. Well shoe is on the other foot now so if he was sincere come out and tell armagh to suck it up.

Same as kieran. Was having a dig at tyrone saying fergal will be sticking in an appeal then he has the cheek to appeal the single red card they got.

If he did say that (I dunno) then perhaps he should heed his own advice. Regardless, pundits are always going to be biased towards their own county.  Armagh are no different and Tyrone are no different  - its the nature of the game.

He said it on the Sunday game I think it was and I agreed with him. Most of tyrones red cards were justified and I had hoped that tyrone wouldn't appeal it but unfortunately they tried to.

Oisin is a very good pundit and is usually fair enough to be honest hopefully he will come out now that the players have been identified. As someone else has said this is like gold dust for Armagh in terms of creating a team bond. They should be well up for the rematch

Do people actually think that Armagh wouldn't have been up for the match in the first instance. Their whole season centres mostly around this game so I don't know how people are trying to spin this into a positive for Armagh.

Lets be honest, Donegal are the big winners here. I'd much prefer to have the 3 players available.

Ah of course there would be up for the match but they will feel hard done by which will help them go the extra mile. Tyrone have used this in the past so it does work lol
Exactly. I can't imagine that the Ulster final replay didn't feature in the chat amongst the Tyrone players and management in the lead up to the AI semifinal in 2005.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

SouthDublinBro

Quote from: greatpoint on March 30, 2022, 03:04:43 PM
You'd have to feel sorry for the Armagh supporters

::) Their players are ill-disciplined and deserve these punishments. The fans should be more upset at their players than anything else.

It's no surprise at all to me that they are constantly involved in incidents like this. This type of muck goes all the way back to their early 2000s teams.

tonto1888

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on March 30, 2022, 06:49:27 PM

::) Their players are ill-disciplined and deserve these punishments. The fans should be more upset at their players than anything else.

It's no surprise at all to me that they are constantly involved in incidents like this. This type of muck goes all the way back to their early 2000s teams.
Shouldn't you be in the division 2 thread? And it's a bit rich a dub talking about the I'll discipline of other teams players

APM

Would you go away and scratch yourself!

There is no doubt that the players are at fault and I'd say that the three Armagh players sanctioned are feeling pretty stupid right now.

You're implying that this is a systemic problem in Armagh football.  It's a systemic issue in the GAA, but at this rate of going, it won't be an issue for much longer - among Ulster teams at least.  Players will learn to walk away rather than risk suspension. 

I imagine the Armagh/Donegal lads will have been done for something very general, like contributing to a melee.  If that is the case, then I'd like to see similar suspensions doled out to every county in Ireland and not just Ulster teams for contributing to a melee (Kerry/Dublin anyone?).  I'm sure there were plenty of other melees across the four divisions this year. 

Captain Obvious

A bit rich coming from a Dub with the behavior his own players and supporters over the years.   :D

Wildweasel74

As usual supporters can't handle suspension, every time it's some else fault, personally I thought there no reasons for subs and backroom staff to he involved in this, and hardly any supsended. The Donegal sub goalkeeper, he was continous in tussles. So in short absolutely nothing fired out to stop the same happening again. Pathetic.

Solo_run

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 30, 2022, 08:01:26 PM
As usual supporters can't handle suspension, every time it's some else fault, personally I thought there no reasons for subs and backroom staff to he involved in this, and hardly any supsended. The Donegal sub goalkeeper, he was continous in tussles. So in short absolutely nothing fired out to stop the same happening again. Pathetic.

Glad someone picked up on it.

J70

I was wondering about Lynch (the keeper) myself.

Maybe those singled out were more violent or were judged to have done more to escalate things or something.

On the lack of deterrance, maybe these lads missing such a big game MIGHT make players think twice, but I agree it needs to be more severe. Hit the teams as a whole.

KickPass

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 30, 2022, 12:49:55 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on March 30, 2022, 12:46:47 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on March 30, 2022, 12:44:53 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on March 30, 2022, 12:25:09 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 30, 2022, 12:14:00 PM
Where are you hearing that lads?

Any names?
Campbell
Forker
Ciaran Makin from Armagh I've heard
heard Nugent instead of Forker. From speaking to one that were at the game Murphy 100% should be gone.
As should O'Neill be. If he avoids it after that punch the whole thing is a farce.
I've watched it back a few times and the only thing remotely like a punch is a slight movement with the left hand. Looked like more of a shove to me than a punch. Surprise surprise Donegal target the best or second best player in the
country to get him banned....
You spelt county wrong.

Tubberman

Can ye start an 'Ulster Infighting' thread and continue your pulling and dragging there instead?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Solo_run

Quote from: Tubberman on March 30, 2022, 08:54:08 PM
Can ye start an 'Ulster Infighting' thread and continue your pulling and dragging there instead?

It is getting a bit boring.  Anyone want to start the Donegal vs Armagh USFC 24/04/22 topic?  ;D

Farrandeelin

;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

tonto1888

Nobody to blame but themselves. Even if someone else starts you have a choice. Walk away or get involved. We chose it get involved and now will be missing three players

Armagh18

Apologies chief theres that many Ulster teams in D1 these days it's like a mini Ulster Championship at times.