NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

It looks like nobody wants to actually get to the League final.

Hard to believe that Tyrone have stunk the place out since winning the AI yet could still make the League final.

clarshack

Quote from: yellowcard on March 20, 2022, 06:55:55 PM
It looks like nobody wants to actually get to the League final.

Hard to believe that Tyrone have stunk the place out since winning the AI yet could still make the League final.

What set of results would get Tyrone to the league final?

Wildweasel74

The Kerry defence seems to have turned into a bunch of slabbers watching that Armagh game there. What effect does a new manager drill undesirable practices into a team?

An Watcher

If Tyrone beat Kerry by a zillion points, kildare beat mayo and donegal beat armagh

yellowcard

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 20, 2022, 07:03:29 PM
The Kerry defence seems to have turned into a bunch of slabbers watching that Armagh game there. What effect does a new manager drill undesirable practices into a team?

They are definitely meaner and more cynical and I was surprised at the amount of pulling and holding of Armagh forwards off the ball. Not as easy on the eye as previous seasons but it's a deliberate attempt to tighten up a previously leaky defence.

It will be interesting to see how Kerry approach the Tyrone match next week.

An Watcher

I don't expect Tyrone to get anything in kerry but I don't know if theyll need anything either.  Fancy mayo to beat kildare which keeps Tyrone and kildare level.  Then as long as donegal get something from the armagh game Tyrone are safe.  Not sure how armagh or donegal will approach it with the championship game so soon after it

Throw ball

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 20, 2022, 07:03:29 PM

You could add a half forward or 2 into that mix

Farrandeelin

I thought Mayo's chances of making the league final were done and dusted last night. Horan may try more experimentation next weekend which could see Kildare beat us also.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Captain Scarlet

I really think Mayo should try a few more new lads... 8)
It's going to be a cracking last weekend of games in fairness. Everyone has something to play for.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

yellowcard

I think Jack O'Connor has a hatred of Tyrone which can be traced back to the noughties so I don't think he will give them soft points next week. In fact he might turn up the nasty, cynical stuff a few more levels to see what his boys are made of. And they owe Tyrone one from last years Covid ambush.

tyrone08

Quote from: yellowcard on March 20, 2022, 08:42:10 PM
I think Jack O'Connor has a hatred of Tyrone which can be traced back to the noughties so I don't think he will give them soft points next week. In fact he might turn up the nasty, cynical stuff a few more levels to see what his boys are made of. And they owe Tyrone one from last years Covid ambush.

Absolute certainty. Can be sure of a few rows breaking out as Jack will have the kerry lads out for vengeance with the knowledge that any rows will be pinned rightly or wrongly at the feet of tyrone

Average Score

Quote from: KickPass on March 20, 2022, 06:01:29 PM
Quote from: Average Score on March 20, 2022, 05:58:31 PM
Quote from: KickPass on March 20, 2022, 05:57:24 PM
If the game starts slipping away from them expect Armagh to go full-on shithousery.

On the drink early today.

Good for you. Half the Athletic grounds along with you as well I'd imagine?

Not only did you put your initial statement into word for autocorrect, you then edited my quote, what a saddo.  ;D ;D

CK_Redhand

Do we now have 2 Angelos arguing with each other?

Average Score

Quote from: tyrone08 on March 20, 2022, 09:04:30 PM

Absolute certainty. Can be sure of a few rows breaking out as Jack will have the kerry lads out for vengeance with the knowledge that any rows will be pinned rightly or wrongly at the feet of tyrone

A few rows, lads lying down feigning injury to get opposition sent off, classy stuff.

tyrone08

Quote from: Average Score on March 20, 2022, 09:29:45 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on March 20, 2022, 09:04:30 PM

A few rows, lads lying down feigning injury to get opposition sent off, classy stuff.

And that's just from the kerry ones