Dublin GAA

Started by mournerambler, July 15, 2007, 11:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Normally I would find this sort of thing disgusting and a ridiculous intrusion into an amateur sportsman's life but in the light of last Sundays antics I'm feeling that there's a bit of karma about this.

Bud Wiser

1. Mankind was created "in the image of God" (Genesis 1.27), "naked and unashamed" (Genesis 2.25).

2. After they sinned, mankind covered themselves out of fear, not shame (Genesis 3.10). God mercifully clothed mankind out of physical necessity, not moral necessity (Genesis 3.17-19, 23-24).

3. Except where forbidden in formal worship by specific religious or cultural conventions (examples: Exodus 20.26, 28.42-43, 1 Corinthians 11.5-6), there are no Biblical prohibitions of nakedness.

This is the word of the Lord, and this year on the 19th July players from all over the country were to try to emulate the Roscommon team of 2002 who on that date celebrated their nakedness over a game of pool.  All Bonner did was went two days early and fell asleep on the job. 

Armagh Exile

QuoteHope the garda that has hauled him up is not Darren Rooney or Kieran Brennan !

I heard it was Pillar who found him.

Tankie

good to see we're back to the usual shite talk anyway. if a laois had of won on sunday and one of the players had of fallen asleep on the street he would probrably be a hero.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Rossfan

"Contract" ??? :o

How can an amateur have a "contract" ??
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tankie

Quote from: Rossfan on July 18, 2007, 05:44:12 PM

if you wanna talk shite head in with the rest of the lads to the cheeky dub posts as its full of gobshites in there!
Grand Slam Saturday!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 18, 2007, 05:23:10 PM
Normally I would find this sort of thing disgusting and a ridiculous intrusion into an amateur sportsman's life but in the light of last Sundays antics I'm feeling that there's a bit of karma about this.

Was thinking along the same lines myself Seanie

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tankie

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 18, 2007, 05:59:57 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on July 18, 2007, 05:23:10 PM

Was thinking along the same lines myself Seanie

well if the laois lads started it what will their Karma be? i would say not advance in the Championship but we all know thats a dead cert anyway, another august of sitting around!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Bensars

Term extension tankie

Rossfan is correct a  contract for someone to claim expenses ? ::)

I also believe this would be  awrong move for Dublin if they want to win an all ireland. Over the last few years  he has been shown up as tactically niave in the heat of battle. He can get away with it as dublin have no oppisition in leinster, however against some of the big boys , he has been shown up.

Wasnt too long ago most of the dubs on the board where calling for his head.

Tankie

I agree with you Bensars, i have said all season he should be sacked regardless, even if he wins an All Ireland because i am of the belief that if we do win one this year it will be a "lucky" one. Some of our performances in the league this year were just embarrising. I think this would be a bad thing for dublin as pillar aint got the tactical know how to beat the big teams.

On the issue of the contract I know Rossfan was correct but I don't want this thread to turn into the normal bullshit that goes on every time dublin are mentioned! lets stick to the subject for a change!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Bensars

you started the thread and have contract in the title.

edit the title

ONeill

Another reason why this Dub side will never win the All-Ireland. You wouldn't find Brian Dooher sleeping in the middle of the road pissed during the summer. In fact, three hours after the match I wouldn't be surprised if he had his arm up the hole of a moo-moo, with shite up to the neck.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Frank Casey

If the Dubs come unstuck then the coke heads on the hill might be taking out a contract on him. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

By the way I've got a couple of packages that were "found" on a west sork beach. Any true blues interested ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
KERRY 3:7

ONeill

I see the Irish News has it in for him big time. Kenny Archer's article today was about why he doesn't want the Dubs to win the All-Ireland and it's simply down to Pillar's treatment of fellow man. They've all given Caffrey a touch in that paper over the last two years.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rossfan

Quote from: Tankie on July 18, 2007, 05:45:47 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 18, 2007, 05:44:12 PM

if you wanna talk shite head in with the rest of the lads to the cheeky dub posts as its full of gobshites in there!

Jasus who pissed on your parade ya b*****x. :-\
I presume "shite" talk by "gobshites" = anything or anyone who doesnt buy into the "Dublin are wonderful" line.
Now answer the question -how can an amateur have a "contract"?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM