Dublin GAA

Started by mournerambler, July 15, 2007, 11:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

John Gildea used to take a big long swing when bouncing the ball. He generally got two or three or so steps out of it!

Bud Wiser

There he is with his big head, pictured in this evenings Herald after being arrested for being drunk and lying asleep in the middle of the road. Having already got a yellow card on Sunday for "showboating" he will probably escape with a second yellow this time and a max fine of €127.   Hope the garda that has hauled him up is not Darren Rooney or Kieran Brennan !

Pietas

Any word on whether there's more to this than meets the eye, or is it the usual 'Dublin player gets pissed after match and makes fool of himself' story which debued last season, satarring Messers Sherlock and Vaughan?
In Roman mythology, Pietas was the goddess of duty to one's state, gods and family.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Pietas on July 18, 2007, 04:45:47 PM
Any word on whether there's more to this than meets the eye, or is it the usual 'Dublin player gets pissed after match and makes fool of himself' story which debued last season, satarring Messers Sherlock and Vaughan?

What are you suggesting happened other than they guy got hammered?

Incidentally its a disgrace that an amateur player be plastered all over the papers for getting pissed.
Absolutely gutter press.
Ask me holy bollix

derrymad

I agree.  I would have a vague guess that most of the players got hammered to let off a bit of steam.  It no big deal, all the sacrifices they put in people expect them to abstain from drink for 9 months of the year.  He only a young man who has and doing what most young men do, only they do it every weekend.

Go on, celebrate, get drunk and enjoy a victory.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 18, 2007, 04:49:47 PM
Quote from: Pietas on July 18, 2007, 04:45:47 PM

What are you suggesting happened other than they guy got hammered?

Incidentally its a disgrace that an amateur player be plastered all over the papers for getting pissed.
Absolutely gutter press.

totally agree as i said in another thread he is an amateur player playing an amateur sport and no need for it to be front page news or any news for that matter, so what is he had a few drinks feel sorry for the lad he has work to go to 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Tankie

well obiviouly some fans think its fine as they started a thread highlighting the fact!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Tankie

QuoteCaffrey's term at Dubs helm likely to be extended

Dublin manager Paul Caffrey
18 July 2007

Dublin County Board Chairman Gerry Harrington has hinted that he may offer Paul Caffrey and his management team an extension to their term before the current season is finished.

Caffrey took charge of the Dubs prior to the 2005 campaign, taking over the reigns from Tommy Lyons and has guided the men from the capital to three successive Leinster SFC titles.

The prospect of adding to the management's tenure was discussed at a County Committee meeting on Tuesday night and it looks likely that Caffrey will be patrolling the sidelines for a few more years.

"Some delegates suggested that the football management should be given another year. It wasn't discussed because they are still in the job.

"It could be the case that it might be discussed before they are finished," Harrington said.

I would think that this is a bit premature, I would not be offering him a contract until we are in an All Ireland final. We have still not made that step yet and this is his third go at it.
Grand Slam Saturday!

lynchbhoy

wont buy the star or evin healdid
for similar reasons

Bud Wiser

Like I said on the thread about the game, his antics before the final whistle woulld come back to haunt him before the year is out.  Didn't have to wait long, did I??

Of course you are right, it is gutter press - because it is written by a Dub hack about a Dub player. However, when Colm Parkinson got plastered a few years ago on a night out he was almost hounded out of playing football altogether, and I will telll you something else, there was little respect for him on this board at the time to an extent that one poster went right to the edge with allegations.   

BTW Tankie, I didnt print the Herald - nor have I any sympathy for Bonner, if he has a sore head it is big enough for him to recover.

Pietas

Sleeping in the middle of the road while pissed is against the law and not to be encouraged.
In Roman mythology, Pietas was the goddess of duty to one's state, gods and family.

lynchbhoy

I didnt see the pic
but I guessed the culprit was Bonner....
from Bud's post it seems as if I was right.

A wild lad who I must say is not bad, just a looney with drink. Sleeping on the road would be harmless by his standards !

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Pietas on July 18, 2007, 05:08:01 PM
Sleeping in the middle of the road while pissed is against the law and not to be encouraged.
hardly front page news
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

lynchbhoy

hopefully not
a nice man but not good enough imo

aodhruadh

With a reputation like that he would fit right in with his fathers old county.