The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yes I Would

That was sweet yesterday. Long overdue, Masch and Alonso ruled the roost in the middle of the park, dont think its a long time since i have seen Utd pass the ball so poorly. The sight of Fergies rosy red cheeks was priceless at full time. The hairdryer will well and truly be out this week id imagine.

Should lift spirits and hopefully a level of consistency can now be established.

stevo-08

Great performance on saturday & great result. finally got the luck we deserved. Masch & Alonso were superb in midfield, defence was excellent and I also thought Aurelio & Riera combined brilliantly on the left forcing Rooney to defend for large periods. Havent seen Utd as bad for a long time - how many times did they give the ball away or just hoof it forward. However, some credit for that must go to Liverpool as their workrate was immence and they put united under pressure anytime they had the ball.

Was nice to finally see Liverpool keep the ball on the ground and moving it around, Alonso in particular benefited from this. Hopefully we'll continue to play in this way. And as has already been said, it was the performance rather than the 3 points which was the most encouraging. Nobody is getting carried away by this win - we got 0 points in the same fixture last season but in a similar comparison we got 3 points at villa park last season and only 1 in this campaign, so in terms of points we're not hugely better off. We'll only know if Liverpool are serious contenders after the next 5 games during which, we travel to Everton, City & Chelsea - we got 5 points from those 3 games last season and we need to improve on that this time.

brokencrossbar1

I didn't get to see all of the game due to culmination of hangover, baby puking its ring and to be honest a certain level of disinterest after what has been a underwhelming start to the season.  The result is everything, even if it had been a scrappy last minute fluke off Slur alex's red nose I wouldn't care less.  The fact that they seemed to play well according to reports I read, is a major bonus and will be a nice confidence lifter going into the game against Marseille on Tues.  Another win there will start up an early qualification from the group stages which will take off the pressure for the traditional period of collapse during the November run of games.

The next 3 league games require minimum 7 points.

supersub

great win for the reds some super football played to outclass utd. it still remains to be seen though whether liverpool can maintain this form and become a real threat to utd and chelsea for the league. if they keep this up they will be right up there. we all know utd are goin to have an untouchable period at some point and it will be up to the teams at the top to stop them in their tracks!

gawa316

After that great performance and fully deserved victory I hope Rafa plays the same team on tuesday night with the possibility of bringing Babel in for Benny. We don't need to rush Gerrard and Torres back just yet with very important league games coming up and they are there on the bench if we need them.

Stoke up next in the league and I'm already envisaging that Delap throw in :o. Maybe a game for Sami?

Rasmatazz:)

Lads just a small reminder for u lot which think liverpool  are real title contenders , this time last year Man U were worse off  than they r now and look what happen . Prem Champs , Euro Champs , Just think about it , u might have been the better team on sat but it's a long season  ;D
It's euro time this week and this is were Rafa get's a bit confused with what team do i play in prem ohh and what team do i play in the euro , The guy just cannot rotate and that the story for liverpool on the other hand chelsea look good but allways do . Enjoy this wiin pool boys  8) it might be a looooooooooonnnnnnnnnnng time before u get another like that one , they way it was handed to u on sat  :D

supersub

what a typical reaction! no-one here was gloating about the victory, merely summing up the game. we all know that its a long season and many people have pointed out that utd will come strong etc. if it was the other way round utd fans would be gloatin in ur face nonstop!liverpool won the match yeh but it seems as though when utd lose these matchs it doesnt matter that much to their fans because "whens the last time u won the premiership" or "whos the champions" are the reactions liverpool people get from them. however when they win them they dont shut up! ::)

full back

Quote from: supersub on September 15, 2008, 12:02:28 PM
what a typical reaction! no-one here was gloating about the victory, merely summing up the game. we all know that its a long season and many people have pointed out that utd will come strong etc. if it was the other way round utd fans would be gloatin in ur face nonstop!

Yeah yeah, supersub ::)
Liverpool = good
Man Utd = bad
Every club has its fair share of fans who will gloat if they win & bring up the past if they lose, even Liverpool :o

supersub

yes i know that im not sayin that everyone else are saints, just utd do it a lot. its a known fact, u either love man utd or hate them (because of their fans), its not like that with any other club, or very few at least. ask anyone who isn't a utd fan, they are sickining to listen to!!

The Real Laoislad

Dubai International Capital (DIC) have confirmed they have no plans to buy Liverpool or any other Premier League club.

DIC were keen to purchase Reds co-owner George Gillett's half of the Anfield outfit earlier this year after he admitted he was eager to sell his share, but business partner Tom Hicks broke off discussions.

Premier League rivals Newcastle United have also been linked with the investment arm of Dubai Holdings which belongs to the Government of Dubai.

Magpies owner Mike Ashley's revelation on Sunday that he intends to sell the Tyneside club has fuelled suggestions that DIC could be set to hold discussions with the billionaire.

However, DIC have stated they are not planning a fresh bid for Liverpool nor are they in talks with any other side from England's top flight.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Kentucky Blue

Was over on saturday, great atmosphere. Not the best to watch but result all that matters!  ;D

to be fair, most of the united supporters i know have held their hands up, not good enough.

Still think it was a mistake to let finnan go but anyway.....

GalwayBayBoy

Yeah great result the last day. Apart from a shaky first 10/15 minutes we were pretty much by far the better team throughout especially in the second half. In truth we should probably have won more comfortably as Kuyt missed two great chances by himself. I actually thought he had a good game though apart from that. Really the winning of this game was in midfield where Alonso and especially Mascherano were outstanding. They completely controlled that area. Helped by Ferguson bringing on Giggs for Carrick when Scholes was struggling to get a foothold in the centre and could have done with some help there. Rooney being stuck out on the wing away from the action also helped while Berbatov seemed to be in one of his "I don't feel like breaking into a jog today" moods up front.

Riera did well on his debut. Doesn't look like someone with blinding pace up and down the wing but at least he stayed out wide and looked capable of delivering good crosses. Keane badly needs a goal to get going. He looks too anxious and too eager to please at the moment. He must have airkicked at 3 or 4 balls since he arrived at the club. Just needs one to go in off his shin or his knee. He did clip one lovely ball through for Benayoun though in the second half that nearly put him clear through on goal. Pepe was brilliant again. Not much to do but when he had to pull off a save from Giggs' volley he was ready.

Anyway after Stoke we have Everton and Chelsea to follow soon after so important to keep up the momentum now.

Abble

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on April 03, 2008, 01:52:13 PM

re:mascherano
There's not a midfielder with less strings to his bow though...
[/quote]

goats...where are ye ?

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.